1. 1. Who is the BEST OVERALL RB in the NFC East

• Jordan Howard, Eagles
    • Corey Clement, Eagles
    • Derrius Guice, Redskins
    • Adrian Peterson, Redskins
    • Chris Thompson, Redskins
    • Saquon Barkley, Giants
    • Ezekiel Elliot, Cowboys

Who is the best RB for the 2019 season in the NFC East?

Most points will be the starter - second most will be the Back-Up. (Hopefully there are no ties, but in the event I feel - or enough posters would like an amendment or a run-off we will decide how to proceed then.

Please refer to the master-thread here:

Cowboys: @DaBoys / @Nextyearfordaboyz / @The_Slamman / @Matts4313 / @canadaluvsdallas

Eagles: @Jroc04 / @Danger / @TheRealMcCoy / @Kiltman / @ninjapirate

Redskins: @MKnight82 / @Slappy Mc / @Woz / @Thaiphoon / @turtle28

Giants: @Acgott / @Shockey1979 / @GMENNATION / @Giants4eva / @Kodaraw

While I think QBs was pretty sad, I am impressed by how good our RBs are. Trying to think of a division that can claim a better group of backs than ours and none come to mind.

For 2019, I am taking Zeke. But I can see Saquon as a solid choice. And some may have a strong preference for Howard, too. Petersons is likely RB 4 in our division, which is kind of crazy.

The Ewok vs the Quads.

Its going to be super close between those two. I feel like the anti-Cowboys bias is going to lean towards Barkley winning this in spite of Zeke being statistically better. The excuse will be our OL, even though it wasnt up to is 2016 standard last year. Still better than the Giants though. 

Tough, Saquon is by far the most talented, Cowboys fans...did Zeke looked a little slower/beefer last year to you guys?
Statistically Zeke will probably be better stats wise like YPCarry and maybe TDs, if anything because of the shear volume of touches Saquon will get will push down Saquon's averages.
Yards from Scrimmage will be Saquon by a lot.

Interested to see how the Howard/Sanders/Clement does this year, nice to have RBs again

Just now, Matts4313 said:
5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Tough, Saquon is by far the most talented, Cowboys fans...
Yards from Scrimmage will be Saquon by a lot.

I dont agree with this at all. 

Saquon's ability in the passing game and how much of the offense will flow through him makes it pretty certain he'll have more.

Saquon is better than any back, talent wise, than everyone who's come after Adrian Peterson. Just an opinion, but certainly a popular one.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Saquon's ability in the passing game and how much of the offense will flow through him makes it pretty certain he'll have more.

Saquon is better than any back, talent wise, than everyone who's come after Adrian Peterson. Just an opinion, but certainly a popular one.

Zeke 131 YPG over 3 years

Barkley 127 YPG over 1 year

Zeke was the most talent RB since Peterson as well. Even if you consider Barkley more talented, its not "by far". Its "by a little bit". "By far" would be like comparing Barkley to Carlos Hyde

@Texas_OutLaw7 => You should have put this one in the Redskins forum. All these Philly fans, who hate Dallas, are going to pick the Penn State all star. Bad choice homie. 

Edited by Matts4313

I'm not sure doing a single option in this poll does the position justice. 

Barkley and Zeke are both Elite and likely HoF IMO. That said I am going to give Barkley a slight edge being literally a one man army. Jordan Howard I believe is still a good runningback.

I can't let @MKnight82's vote of Guice go by the wayside here though. Even if it's for humor. Dude hasn't had a carry in the NFL yet.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke was the most talent RB since Peterson as well. Even if you consider Barkley more talented, its not "by far". Its "by a little bit".

I don't think anyone really said that about Zeke. It was said about Gurley yeah. Zeke on the otherhand there were a lot of doubters. 

Barkley may end up like Barry Sanders in that his team keeps him from becoming the undisputed GOAT. Barkley's sheer athleticism and combination of size, speed, power, and agility, are just unparalleled at the position.

Dude is 6'0" 230 pure muscle and ran a 4.40 flat when stumbling. 29 reps is better than a lot of lineman and then you consider how much of a threat he is in the passing game? My god.  Zeke is definitely the more consistent player. All in all, I think Zeke has the higher floor but Barkley the higher ceiling.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I don't think anyone really said that about Zeke. It was said about Gurley yeah. Zeke on the otherhand there were a lot of doubters. 

Barkley may end up like Barry Sanders in that his team keeps him from becoming the undisputed GOAT. Barkley's sheer athleticism and combination of size, speed, power, and agility, are just unparalleled at the position.

Dude is 6'0" 230 pure muscle and ran a 4.40 flat when stumbling. 29 reps is better than a lot of lineman and then you consider how much of a threat he is in the passing game? My god.  Zeke is definitely the more consistent player. All in all, I think Zeke has the higher floor but Barkley the higher ceiling.

I disagree.

1. ill pull scouting reports in a bit, but plenty of people said that about Zeke.

2. Barry had all pros on his OL and a 1600 yard receiver. The idea that he was a 1 man wrecking crew is a bunch of bullsheet spouted by people who didnt follow his team at the time.

3. I know, Quan is a specimen. Zeke isnt that far off of those numbers though. Also, who cares about bench press on a RB? 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You should have put this one in the Redskins forum. All these Philly fans, who hate Dallas, are going to pick the Penn State all star. Bad choice homie. 

(shrugs) I mean I don't think it is unreasonable to vote for Barkley. I wouldn't make that choice - but it's not absurd.