1. 1. Who is the BEST OVERALL RB in the NFC East

• Jordan Howard, Eagles
    • Corey Clement, Eagles
    • Derrius Guice, Redskins
    • Adrian Peterson, Redskins
    • Chris Thompson, Redskins
    • Saquon Barkley, Giants
    • Ezekiel Elliot, Cowboys

God I hate to say this but I have to give the nod to Zeke Elliott but only by way of showing consistently he's the best RB in the NFC East if not the NFC Conference. If Barkley shows consistently what he did last season in his rookie yr, its easily gonna be Barkley. But by way of more years in the league and supreme consistency with yds rushing and receiving, my vote goes to Zeke for now.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The Cowboys have been dog poop pass blocking. And weve been injured quite a bit. But I would 100% agree that we are better run blockers than the Giants OL. 

Of course, Barkley was used a lot in the passing game to counter the Giants crap OL. 

Barkley was used in the passing game because he can do stuff like this.

and run receiver routes too.

Tough call. I think that Barkley might be more talented overall by a smidge (at least he was the only show in town in NY last season), but Elliott's shown that he can do it repeatedly.

Either's the top dog.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Texas_OutLaw7

This was my point. 

I honestly dont care if Barks wins. He is a super talented RB and had a tremendous rookie season. I just have a feeling that due to this forum, this is going to be an 80/20 vote when the players are closer to 53/47 depending on your preference. 

I would just to be more deliberate in where you post the threads. For example, Left Tackle should be in the Giants forum, they dont have a bone to pick in that debate. 

I can tell you right Now I'm voting Amari Cooper for top WR, all our division's WRs (now that OBJ is gone) have a some flaws. But he's probably the best that matches up with how they use him. Will have way better stats because they don't have a ton of other options to leach targets.

If you swapped Zeke and Barkley on their respective teams I think you'd see a decline in Zeke's production, and even more impressive number from SB. Not to say Zeke isn't talented. He surely is. But he has also benefited from having a great line in front of him his entire career. I think if you give Barkley that line and scheme... he breaks records.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

If we're looking for non-bias, then we should be looking at opinions that don't have a horse in the race.

So - to push back - everyone is biased. At different levels, sure, our preferences influence.

But it is fine. Bias is a part of life. And variety is a necessary spice. Whip that bias out and be proud and loud about it.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I can tell you right Now I'm voting Amari Cooper for top WR, all our division's WRs (now that OBJ is gone) have a some flaws. But he's probably the best that matches up with how they use him. Will have way better stats because they don't have a ton of other options to leach targets.

If it was "Pass Catcher" would you go Ertz or Coop though? 

I think this whole thing is interesting, because the Eagles pass catchers are easily the best in the East. But I agree we have the best WR. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I love how @Matts4313 is whining about biased voting when Zeke is up 9-3.  

I havent voted so I dont see the results. It was just speculation.

I try not to at the start. I keep wondering what Barkley would do on our team in place of Zeke. Zeke is really awesome at always falling forward and getting super tough yards. But Barkley would open up that short screen/dump off that we really havent used a lot since Murray.