Doctson - Not Picking up the Option

RSkinGM

I would like to see our starting wrs be Richardson, Mclaurin, and Quinn. Have Simms and Harmon round out the top 5. I could care less if Doctson makes it out of camp to be honest. I wish Robert Davis would have not been hurt. I always thought he had potential. If Richardson gets hurt Simms or Harmon could step in when needed to or at least come in near the Red Zone to give us some size.

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I’m fine with this. About time they made him earn something. If he blows up this year, they can talk then or let someone overpay and we’ll get the comp 3rd. Someone in the FO is making pretty good decisions lately

This ^^^. Hope he blows up this year. And then we let him walk. I'm fine getting a comp pick out of the deal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

If there's one thing that makes me feel better, I was a big Laquon Treadwell guy in this draft, so at least he didn't turn out to be much either. 

The entire WR draft from 2016 was a disaster beyond Michael Thomas and, to a lesser extent, Sterling Shepherd and Tyler Boyd. Tyreek Hill succeeded on the field ... but I think that's now in the disaster category for other reasons we won't go into beyond me mentioning he was in the 2016 class.

31 guys selected, and only 4 were worth much of anything to their teams, with only 3 having a chance to make it past their rookie contract with their own teams (beyond maybe a minor "eh, we'll keep you around" style contract).

6 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

If there's one thing that makes me feel better, I was a big Laquon Treadwell guy in this draft, so at least he didn't turn out to be much either. 

I was actually wondering if it would be a good idea to do a straight up trade with the Vikings, Doctson for Treadwell.  It seems like both of them could use a change of scenery.

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I was actually wondering if it would be a good idea to do a straight up trade with the Vikings, Doctson for Treadwell.  It seems like both of them could use a change of scenery.

Kind of a "trash for trash" deal there. I think both players probably would benefit from staying put this season and hope they can break out, which in turn would allow them to hit free agency running in 2020. Learning a whole new system (as well as finding a place to live) probably wouldn't help either player.

Huh. Houston exercised the 5th year option on Will Fuller. That's a tad surprising to me. He joins OT Taylor Decker (DET), S Keanu Neal (ATL), C Ryan Kelly (IND), CB William Jackson (CIN), and DT Kenny Clark (GRB) as the only players in the back half the first round from getting their 5th year (6 of 15; New England had their first round removed due to Deflategate).

I vaguely remember being somewhat angry that Kelly went off the board before Washington could pick, but woof that draft was meh.