Doctson - Not Picking up the Option

RSkinGM

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He doesn't get open. And he is thrown the ball. His catch rate in 2017 was like 20 points lower than the other receivers on the team. Those who didn't  like Cousins, blamed Kirk. So then, last year they get Alex Smith and Doctson has the same issues getting open and consistently catching the ball, especially contested catches which is supposed to be ”his thing.” I'm sorry, but we need to quite blaming other guys for when a guy doesn't perform well. It's Doctson’s fault, not the Qbs fault that he hasn't done more in his Redskins career so far.

Right. Didnt he have like a 45% catch rate?

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Right. Didnt he have like a 45% catch rate?

I think it was 47% and Crowder, Grant, Reed and Davis’ was like 15 to 25 % points higher. People kept blaming Kirk for that on Twitter but that didn't pass the smell test bc the other receivers and TEs were so much higher than his. 

I found this:

While 2016 first-round pick Doctson had his moments, he has yet to show he can be a true No. 1 receiver. His 1.1 yards per route ranked 76th among 93 qualifying receivers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/01/19/the-redskins-top-offseason-needs-to-address/%3foutputType=amp

Here's this though from Samuel Gold which gives me some hope:

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1