2020 2 Round Mock (No Trades)

carrolljcmc

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Bengals would go QB if we are picking that high

I could see that, but I can see a lot of positions.  But what I don't see is an OT if we are drafting that high.  Last two first rounders were OL (Jonah Williams and Price).  I suppose you can never say never,  especially if Jonah sticks to the right side and we are still looking for a LT.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, carrolljcmc said:

23.  Green Bay Packers  -  Tee Higgins  -  WR  -  Clemson

The Packers haven't drafted WR in the first round since 2002 when they took Javon Walker.  I think they'd need ALL of their young WRs to flop.  I think they're going OL or DL.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, carrolljcmc said:

55.  Green Bay Packers  -  JK Dobbins  -  RB  -  Ohio State

Not sure they're going RB, but it depends on Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Ozzy said:

So have you seen all of these players play yet?  Where did you get this list from if not?  Here are a few thoughts...

1.  Miami Dolphins  -  Andrew Thomas  -  OT  -  Georgia
Really?  I like him but not sure he is good enough to be the #1 pick overall

9.  Buffalo Bills  -  Laviska Shenault  -  WR  -  Colorado
I doubt that he runs that well, talented player but there are much more talented WRs than him, like Lamb, Higgins and Ruggs get drafted over him I feel

11.  New York Jets  -  Kristian Fulton  -  CB  -  LSU
I have never been super impressed with him, sure a highly rated recruit but what is he really outside of that.  He has to show up a lot more I feel to be drafted this high

12.  Tennessee Titans  -  Albert Okwuegbunam  -  TE  -  Missouri
I agree and I like him, I thought he could have been a 1st round pick this past year even with a some what poor season

14.  Carolina Panthers  -  Javon Kinlaw  -  DT  -  South Carolina
I was never super impressed with him, talented player but a top 15 draft pick at DT, I do not think so unless he is a completely different player next year

15.  San Francisco 49ers  -  Paulson Adebo  -  CB  -  Stanford
He is ok, that is about it, has good ball skills but needs a lot of work still and at times disappointed last year after flashing early

19.  Baltimore Ravens  -  Dylan Moses  -  ILB  -  Alabama
Doubt this happens, good player but again he would have to totally transform for this to occur

20.  Dallas Cowboys  -  Jalen Reagor  -  WR  -  TCU
Decent prospect, 1st rounder I do not think so

32.  New England Patriots  -  Trevon Diggs  -  CB  -  Alabama
He would have to greatly improve for this to happen, could argue he has never had a great starting season at CB his entire career.  Talented no question but has to put together a complete season and play at a high level

34.  Arizona Cardinals  -  Trey Smith  -  OT  -  Tennessee
With his health issues I took him off my board, I hope he is ok but those health issues seem life threatening so football might be a complete afterthought 

36.  Chicago Bears (via LV)  -  Tristan Wirfs  -  OT  -  Iowa
On his train like some others are, amazing weight room performances but I am going to hold out a little till he shows it more on the field.  Still his upside does look very promising

39.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers  -  Bryan Edwards  -  WR  -  South Carolina
I was disappointed by him last year big time, hope he gets back to form this year

41.  Buffalo Bills  -  Isaiah Simmons  -  S  -  Clemson
He is a OLB prospect and is a 1st rounder all the way, amazing potential and great upside I expect an outstanding year from him this season

42.  Denver Broncos  -  Nick Harris  -  OC  -  Washington
Decent player but is a little small and not sure how elite he could be

47.  Kansas City Chiefs (via SF)  -  Grant Calcaterra  -  TE  -  Oklahoma
Talented yeah but he has a lot of work to do to be a 2nd round pick

48.  Houston Texans  -  Ke'Shawn Vaughn  -  RB  -  Vanderbilt
Not sure this is going to happen

49.  Atlanta Falcons  -  Paddy Fisher  -  ILB  -  Northwestern
He is a 1st rounder all the way, might be a little more old school than most ILBs but plays the game at a high level and kid can play

59.  Indianapolis Colts  -  Ty Johnson  -  WR  -  Minnesota
I like him and he has been productive for awhile, not sure he is a 2nd round talent though but will see

60.  Philadelphia Eagles  -  Curtis Weaver  -  EDGE  -  Boise State
I need to watch more of him, will see how good he actually is

62.  Kansas City Chiefs  -  Shyheim Carter  -  CB  -  Alabama
Doubt he is this good but will see, he is more a mid to late rounder to me

Laviska ran a 4.38 electronic 40 during the summer last year. I was there for it. Not sure why people don't trust his speed. His tape speaks for itself. He'll be the best NFL wideout in the draft class. 

13 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Laviska ran a 4.38 electronic 40 during the summer last year. I was there for it. Not sure why people don't trust his speed. His tape speaks for itself. He'll be the best NFL wideout in the draft class. 

Respectfully I say, you think he is the best player in the history of the world as much as you talk him up. 

Very good yes, but not quite sure he is as great as you make him out to be.  If he ran that fast well he does not play that fast on the field I feel.   He does not get a ton of separation and relies on his toughness to get yards and his YAC as a big strong receiver who is hard to take down.  You can act like his agent all you want but there are other fish in the sea who are better arguably and much better route runners and are just as fast if not faster.  

59 minutes ago, bigdog2372 said:

A QB and a WR? No offense, but that’s not well researched at all. Epenesa and Delpit still on the board. Sigh.

picking in the top 10 probably means Winston sucked. wr im unsure on cuz evans and godwin but i think winston also is a free agent this year. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

picking in the top 10 probably means Winston sucked. wr im unsure on cuz evans and godwin but i think winston also is a free agent this year. 

Not necessarily. Our defense has been the sole reason why we are continually picking in the top 10. Just to let everyone know, Winston is going nowhere. He will be signed long term. As for WR, that’s just crazy. Our top 2 are both 25 or under and one just signed a long term contract extension last off-season. It would be a much better prediction to give us BPA defense or OL.

2 hours ago, bigdog2372 said:

Not necessarily. Our defense has been the sole reason why we are continually picking in the top 10. Just to let everyone know, Winston is going nowhere. He will be signed long term. As for WR, that’s just crazy. Our top 2 are both 25 or under and one just signed a long term contract extension last off-season. It would be a much better prediction to give us BPA defense or OL.

winston isnt a great qb and even the stats will agree that he turns the ball over too much even for being a gunslinger 38 fumbles to go with 58ints over 56 games isnt what i call good.  his TD % seems good and completion percentage seems to be coming around however i wouldnt feel confident giving him even a blake bortles level of extension/contract purely because it will handicap your team and the ability to keep the team good around him.    Herbert is more mobile, similiar sized, and about the same arm talent.   what sounds better then trying to get a 4 year window to compete to make the playoffs and try to win the superbowl before your core group of guys become old/expensive all while praying your gm is making the right picks(im looking right at you ronald jones. 

On 5/3/2019 at 12:00 PM, Ozzy said:

Respectfully I say, you think he is the best player in the history of the world as much as you talk him up. 

Very good yes, but not quite sure he is as great as you make him out to be.  If he ran that fast well he does not play that fast on the field I feel.   He does not get a ton of separation and relies on his toughness to get yards and his YAC as a big strong receiver who is hard to take down.  You can act like his agent all you want but there are other fish in the sea who are better arguably and much better route runners and are just as fast if not faster.  

You don't have to say "respectfully" before a rude condescending post. I think your evaluation is weak, and that's being kind. We can agree to disagree. 

16 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

You don't have to say "respectfully" before a rude condescending post. I think your evaluation is weak, and that's being kind. We can agree to disagree. 

You can dislike my opinion, not a problem.  I have heard this from you before though, protecting or defending Colorado players specifically Shenault.  I brought him up last year, he is good and showed some flashes this past season.  You commented on it and whatever, but sorry I do not believe he is this super high top 5 pick in the NFL draft at this time right now.  Potential yes he has but he faded last year, call it injuries or call it teams game planning more for what he does on the field.  I feel your opinion is biased because I do not see you discussing any other players and or WRs across the country much.  The kid has to work on his route running big time and show he is more than just a big WR, this past draft is proof that big receivers are not as wanted as years previous.  And if a guy like AJ Brown drops down to a 2nd round pick, good luck with Shenault being a top 5 pick in the draft.  AJ Brown is a better route runner, has better hands and is arguably stronger than Shenault.  So will see what happens this year with him, but again watch more players and gain a little perspective would be a plus.