Raiders Offense Thread:

MrOaktown_56

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bumping this thread from ages ago to have a place for discussion:

Are we ever gonna let Jacobs do half the pass game stuff he did in college? Bell was really utilized out of the backfield, why can't we do it with Jacobs? 

Probably not until we have a backup that can effectively share some of the early down carries. Right now we are burying him with work. He’s never had to do this at a high level before.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Just spitballing here, but with Renfrow out, it would hurt to give richard some reps in the slot. Runs decent routes and gets good yac yards. Just throwing it out there. From the way it sounds, we are going to have a bunch of different players lining up there.

I get where you're coming from, but I want to see Waller in the slot with Moreau playing TE. Moreau has earned more PT IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Do we have anything with Rico Gafford? Now that he's promoted, I hope he gets some snaps.

Doubtful. We brought back Doss from the Jags, traded for 2 WRs and promoted Ateman before giving him a shot. If they thought he was something, he'd have been on the 53 earlier. It's probably just too close to the end of the season to bring a player unfamiliar with the playbook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Doubtful. We brought back Doss from the Jags, traded for 2 WRs and promoted Ateman before giving him a shot. If they thought he was something, he'd have been on the 53 earlier. It's probably just too close to the end of the season to bring a player unfamiliar with the playbook.

I just want to see someone get vertical a bit.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 5:10 PM, NJ Raider said:

Wouldn't mind that either. I want to see Jacobs in the passing game, but it make sense to feature Richard in that role since Jacobs is the only one that can reliably mash between the tackles.

that has been puzzling. I would think getting Jacobs in space one on one with LBS would create huge plays. Jacobs scouting report had his strength in the passing game