Raiders Offense Thread:

MrOaktown_56

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Because my hypothetical was not literal it does not work?  Okay but I was asking how would you feel if those circumstances ha... Never mind.

I will just let this one go and say yes we are having a discussion and you are correct but this was not meant just specifically at you.  This had more to do with seeing something that others do not.  I could be wrong and it would not be the first time but it looks pretty clear to me in the Cook situation that Gruden had good reason to at least reach out and extend an offer to him.  Who cares if we can not reach an agreement.  The rule of thumb is if you have a chance to better your team you at least look into it.  Due diligence.  If Gruden has as much sway as everyone thinks he owes it to the fans and organization to check every reasonable option.  To not even say we have Waller for this much but at this price I would prefer Cook, assuming we agree Cook is better than Waller, and see if he bites is incompetent or selfish if there is an ulterior motive.  Just like RM not going back and contacting the 49ers who had a deal on the table for Mack when we agreed on terms with the Bears.  Could have started a bidding war and imagine what we could have had.  RM was to risk averse and it drove me crazy and Gruden's ego causes problems for him.  I hope Mayock can help.

The answer to this is simple Reggie and the so called experts thought the Bears would be a bad team that would net us a higher 1st round pick, while the 49ers were supposed to be a possible playoff team. As far as starting a bidding war the 49ers made an offer and  believed they made a better offer, but the Raiders chose to make the deal with the Bears probably for reason I stated earlier. 

19 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Adding 3 1st round picks for a rebuilding team is nothing to sneeze at. Al made all the picks while Gruden was here, we already established that, only Al would draft a kicker in the 1st round. His early years in TB he had hardly any picks because they traded them all to us for Gruden. TB sold there future to win a Superbowl and Gruden brought them exactly that. He didn't have a first rounder his first 2 seasons with TB, then he drafted Cadillac Wiliiams a stud until his knee injury, Davin Joseph a probowl OG,  Aquib Talib a probowler, Micheal Clayton led all rookie Wr's in catches and yards was off and on after suffering a knee injury, but still earned a 2nd contract. Gaines Adams had 2 decent seasons then was traded for a 2nd round pick. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Image result for night king

@drfrey13 No comeback for this I guess, I mean you wanted to see what I could come up with.

16 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Do you have nothing better to do with your time lol

Lol yeah some people will never stop is the thing. The other person isn’t necessarily admitting defeat, they are just not gonna spend hours of a day on a football forum trying to convince another person of something. Time is more valuable than anything on this planet. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lol yeah some people will never stop is the thing. The other person isn’t necessarily admitting defeat, they are just not gonna spend hours of a day on a football forum trying to convince another person of something. Time is more valuable than anything on this planet. 

Dude I know. You and I went at it pretty good over Carr last year but we’re sitting here chilling now

8 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude I know. You and I went at it pretty good over Carr last year but we’re sitting here chilling now

Yep. Sometimes the person with the last word isn’t always right. Just the most persistent. 

As for Carr, I’m in full root on mode now that the roster stages are over. I expect a great season though. Second year in Grudens system, best WR in football, decent #2, speed everywhere, improved OL, 1st Round RB. If he can’t replicate 2016 (and preferably surpass) then it really may be over for him. I honestly hope he becomes the QB he was so we don’t waste possibly two 1sts (trade up) on a QB. His confidence has looked broken for two years, let’s see if he can be that tough physical flipping in the air, very confident QB again. Instead of a scared to run, crying on the field QB. Cmonnn Carr save us some draft picks baby and regain your form. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. Sometimes the person with the last word isn’t always right. Just the most persistent. 

As for Carr, I’m in full root on mode now that the roster stages are over. I expect a great season though. Second year in Grudens system, best WR in football, decent #2, speed everywhere, improved OL, 1st Round RB. If he can’t replicate 2016 (and preferably surpass) then it really may be over for him. I honestly hope he becomes the QB he was so we don’t waste possibly two 1sts (trade up) on a QB. His confidence has looked broken for two years, let’s see if he can be that tough physical flipping in the air, very confident QB again. Instead of a scared to run, crying on the field QB. Cmonnn Carr save us some draft picks baby and regain your form. 

Cable won't let that happen unfortunately

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

@drfrey13 No comeback for this I guess, I mean you wanted to see what I could come up with.

Adding 3 1st round picks for a rebuilding team is nothing to sneeze at.

We only had to trade away 2 pro bowlers one of which was a defensive player of the year.

Al made all the picks while Gruden was here, we already established that, only Al would draft a kicker in the 1st round.

As head coach he had zero input.  Was he allowed to pick FA?  Maybe he deserves a little less credit for his first time here.  Can not have it both ways.  It seems the general consensus is that Gruden is not good at player evaluation and developing players.

His early years in TB he had hardly any picks because they traded them all to us for Gruden. TB sold there future to win a Superbowl and Gruden brought them exactly that.

2 firsts was a steep price but he had plenty of other firsts to use.  But then again he was not making those decisions.  So Dungy built the team and Gruden's great coaching on defense put them over the top.  You do realize our offense outscored theirs in the Super Bowl.

He didn't have a first rounder his first 2 seasons with TB, then he drafted Cadillac Williams a stud ( Averaged 3.8 yards a carry before the injury and after the injury) until his knee injury, Davin Joseph a probowl OG (Can not argue with Joseph but I would hope for more than 2 pro bowls from a 1st round G),  Aquib Talib a probowler (Knucklehead team distraction who I would not have taken on my team until Belichick got a hold of him.  Made pro bowls with NE not TB.), Micheal Clayton led all rookie Wr's in catches and yards was off and on after suffering a knee injury ( Could be wrong but Clayton hurt his knee in 2006 and had 32 rec and 372 yards in 2005.  Best year after his rookie year he had 38 rec for 484 yards so I would say he was just off and never on again. Getting a second contract is not a good measure for a high first round pick and if that is your bar then RM has hit on every single draft. ) , but still earned a 2nd contract. Gaines Adams had 2 decent seasons then was traded for a 2nd round pick (Gaines, RIP, never lived up to being taken #4 overall, sounds familiar.  He may have become better but unfortunately the young man passed away). Your argument doesn't hold water ( I was going to let all this go and then you had to bring it up again.  Guess you did not realize I was carrying some Valyrian Steel).

I think it is time we agree to disagree.