Raiders Offense Thread:

MrOaktown_56

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Who signed Cook?  There is your answer.  Everyone likes to say you have to get your players in to show you know what you are doing and the might fit your system better.  Cook showed he could ball in Gruden's system and he still let him walk when we had enough to sign him.  Top 8 money for a top 4 TE on a short term deal.  Seems like an easy decision but we did just give top 2 money in the to a WR that might not have been the best WR on his team (Ranked 11th in the league in yards).  Can not bring up age either because AB will be 31 next year and Cook is 32.  Nothing points to a strategy except getting rid of players signed by RM.

Blown way out of proportion.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Blown way out of proportion.

Exactly. We are not trying to get rid of RMs players. We are doing a fresh rebuild with a fresh cap. We are still gonna keep players that fit our scheme. I really don’t see us getting rid of Conley, a RM player. 

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Gruden says Miller will stay at LT, Parker will be swing tackle, and Gabe will stay at RG 

But @Humble_Beast said that we can't pay Brown that much money to be our RT. The right side of our OL should be dominant with Jackson/Brown. Left side could be pretty meh with Miller/Good. 

Gabe staying at RG is interesting. Left side with Miller and Good will need to step up big time or it can be a long season. 

From some of the pictures the Raiders put on their website you can see Brown lining up tab RT. I’m not mad at it need someone to take Von out the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Gabe staying at RG is interesting. Left side with Miller and Good will need to step up big time or it can be a long season. 

From some of the pictures the Raiders put on their website you can see Brown lining up tab RT. I’m not mad at it need someone to take Von out the game. 

Yeah, that's my only concern, we're putting the two weakest links on our OL on the left side together. LT/RT doesn't really matter that much in our division because our tackles have to match up with Joey Bosa/Melvin Ingram, Frank Clark/Chris Jones, and Von Miller/Bradley Chubb. 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So which QB do you guys like in 2020? Because this one is going to be broken by week 5. 

I know you’re joking but I’m not sure, we obviously have to see this season. I’m warming up on Herbert. I still like Tua. And Eason is the wildcard that everyone may know after this season. Easons intangibles are nuts man, one of the highest recruited high school QBs ever. We’ll see if he can put it all together this year. 

Edited by BayRaider

The he played well in 3 games remarks are very misguided in my opinion. He was helped a lot. KO was assisting in his zone and the reads were short, quick to get the ball out and not leave him on an island. As the offense expanded, he was a whipping boy for most pass rushers. Yes, the injury had some to do with that, but a lot is on the fact he just wasn't very good.

He will need to make leaps and bounds or the left side is going to be an issue. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The he played well in 3 games remarks are very misguided in my opinion. He was helped a lot. KO was assisting in his zone and the reads were short, quick to get the ball out and not leave him on an island. As the offense expanded, he was a whipping boy for most pass rushers. Yes, the injury had some to do with that, but a lot is on the fact he just wasn't very good.

He will need to make leaps and bounds or the left side is going to be an issue. 

Every year there seems to be some issues that we all wonder what in the world where they thinking.  Keeping Cable and not moving players to where they have played their best is one of them.  

Miller played better at RT at UCLA

Brown was a good RT in SF but dominant playing LT in NE

Jackson was an outstanding at LG but has not really played well at RG

Hudson is one of the best C in the league and we have a whole at TE so maybe we should try him their since he has shown the ability to get to the second level and make blocks.  In Cable's mind that translates into being able to catch passes down the seam.  Never mind we have a TE with with 18 career catches in 3 years that is really fast.  Whose thinking does that sound like now.  Funny how everyone talks trash about someone hyping Warren, who I am not a fan of because I know next to nothing about him, but Waller is the next Moeaki.

I really hate this team sometimes.  Gruden and Cable trying to be the smartest guys in the room.  Just make the easy simple choices stupid.  Until Cable is gone I do not trust or think any decisions made about the o-line are correct.  Cable is a horrible coach, we all know it, and he is the one making these decisions.

21 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The point is he chose William's and AB over Cook, he added a legit #1 and #2 Wr's and plan on using them there a so many balls to go around. Gruden would rather have them making plays rather than rely on a TE and they think Waller can be a Cook clone, so I dont get your point on singling out Williams for your argument. They upgrade the Wr position and decided to live with a possible downgrade at TE, but if Walller is getting open and killing LB's down the seam and can be a nice redzone target Cook will be an after thought.

He could have had AB and Cook also.  The reason I point out Williams is because Cook played better than him, produced more, knows the system, has chemistry with Carr, and was cheaper.  We could have had all 3.  If you have to choose between the two the only reason why you pick Williams is he is younger.  This is Gruden's ego again because RM brought in Cook who is the superior player.  The Williams had a 1000 yard season the year he was a starter holds no weight with me.  Cooper was a 1000 yd last year because he got away from Carr.  He played great when looked at.  Maybe we should trade for him because he is a great player now.