Joe Tessitore, Bogger McFarland Annnounced As MNF Crew

DigInBoys

I'm not saying Booger is the greatest color analyst of all time...but the dude got stuck on a sideline telephone wire repair bucket contraption with the worst MNF color analyst we have ever seen and he was still entertaining.  Tessitore is actually pretty damn good at the play-by-play and Booger is opinionated and knowledgeable enough to be very, very good as a color analyst.

Witten was horrifying last year and I think he dragged both Booger and Tessitore down.  Give Booger and Tessitore a chance and I think they will pleasantly surprise.  

I also think that they'll both work at it.  They don't want to be replaced by the next big name to retire.  

This is the better way to go, just two guys in a studio, no stupid gimmicks like the Booger-mobile. But this is an underwhelming pair... I don't mind Tessitore but Booger does nothing for me. GET JAY CUTLER IN A COMMENTARY BOOTH.

Holy crap I only just thought - no more Witten means no more "HE'S GOT HIM!!" before the ball's even left the QB's hand. That was the absolute worst, it was like having two or three mini spoilers a game.  

10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Throw a ton at Tony Romo and get him out of his contract. He's the best guy in the business.

ESPN is in a financial crisis of sorts. They've been trimming fat anywhere they can and keep rotating in new younger individuals so they don't have to pay their employees the big $$$

I think this team deserves a shot. Witten was so bad, he pretty much killed any credibility of the broadcast. Tessitore is a proven commodity on the mic and it comes down to how Booger does in this role opposed to the garbage role he had. 

Tessitore sounds like a 7 year old doing a Gus Johnson impression. Instead of trying to tame down the broadcast and go to a normal 2 man crew in the booth, with these 2 bad commentators, just jack it all the way up to 11. Dress Booger in Ceelo Green or Lady Gaga outfits and have him call the game from a blimp. Stick a different Boston Dynamics creation in the booth with Tessitore every week. He won't be able to tell the difference between the robot and Witten anyway. It can't be any worse.

• Like 1

Tessitore isn't a bad play-by-play guy.

Booger was better at the gig than Witten.  But that's like saying Coach X was better than Jeff Fisher.  Not a high bar.    Booger as the guy who has to bring it after each play?  Man, I think ESPN is waiting out Greg Olsen to re-think his decision to return.  Unlike Witten....Olsen's actually been in the booth, and was actually very good.   If it's not PFM, I'm calling that shot.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1