Biggest Freak of all time?

MossyMoss

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean, he's a freak but is he even in the top 10 freakiest linebackers? I'd guess not.

Probably not. But 6'2" 270 lbs. and capable of lining up at every position on a defense from DT to CB has to warrant something outside of the obvious guys already named.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Is this based on just NFL athleticism or just pure athletic ability?? A bunch of combine workout warriors would and should be high on this list. But if you're taking into account their NFL play level then it should be Bo, Moss and Deoin. 

Def need to account on their NFL playing level. 

Interesting, I never thought of Prime time a freak, he is freakish fast and plays two sports professionally 

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

Julius Peppers is never mentioned in this discussion, but should be - 6' 7" 283, ran in the low 4.7s, was athletic enough to play for the North Carolina basketball team as a PF (he scored 21 points and pulled down 11 rebounds in his last game, a loss to Penn State in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament). 

I think he's a freak in the same vein as Bo or Deion, but he doesn't get mentioned enough in these discussions. While his raw athleticism is good enough to get into the talk, his on field production and longevity probably exceeds everyone else.

That is indeed freaky!

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

In order to be considered a freak:

uspw_4015318-594x474.jpg?w=1000&h=798?w=

You have to have the nickname "THE Freak" (Jevon Kearse for you youngsters out there). What could have been if he stayed healthy...

Disappeared after going to the Eagles couldn't remember if it was injury, I always thought his success was due to playing along side Kevin Carter. 

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

Bo is always tops on this list for me, but i havent seen my 2nd mentioned yet. Herschel Walker to this day is a freak athlete that could have been a pro in any number sports.

Bo was a freak, but of he played in the nfl exclusively he wouldnt of had an amazing career, bowling ball running backs dont have long careers the injury bug bites too hard. 

The greatest power back afyer the 80s is earl Campbell and he didnt hit 10k yards. 

Betis in his later years didnt have great powe, he had great feet and great balance. 

In today's nfl he would either be a lb or a qb, he had a hell of an arm and if he had accuracy and touch would make a great qb.

23 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

That is indeed freaky!

Disappeared after going to the Eagles couldn't remember if it was injury, I always thought his success was due to playing along side Kevin Carter. 

His most productive seasons were before Carter arrived in TEN.  He was a monster for a while but always nicked up later in his career.

Edited by KellChippy
  • Like 1

I don't know where he ranks in percentiles on a track or in a gym, but I'm going to give my answer based on what I've been able to seen in a game. In entire life of watching football, I have not ever seen a player look as a freakishly athletic as this guy in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qmw5rLgW9g

I've never seen a player look THAT much more physically gifted than anyone else on the field in an NFL game.

Edited by wackywabbit