Joe Thiesmann unretires #7 and gives it to Dwayne Haskins

brushmyhair

I was hoping that someway/somehow the NY Giants would have actually drafted some sweet EDGE guy, and then immediately after Theisman's number was unretired, they then unretire #56 for L.T. in a great and inappropriate troll job move.

• Like 3

Just now, MWil23 said:

I was hoping that someway/somehow the NY Giants would have actually drafted some sweet EDGE guy, and then immediately after Theisman's number was unretired, they then unretire #56 for L.T. in a great and inappropriate troll job move.

The Giants should just announce that Lawrence Taylor has re-retired Joe Theismann's number 7. Problem solved.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Giants should just announce that Lawrence Taylor has re-retired Joe Theismann's number 7. Problem solved.

I prefer "permanently retired". It sounds more professional that "re-retired".

23 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

If he needed Joe's permission, it probably was retired

The only number officially retired by the Washington Redskins is Sammy Baugh (33). Its my understanding the organization has some "protected" numbers.

Haskins asking Theismann if he could use the number seems more of a personal/professional consideration - perhaps mandated by the organization when Haskins chose the number.  They might have responded: "Ask Joe first......"

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Um, ok. Sure.

I just saw Joe Theismann on an episode of Brooklyn 99. That was interesting. 

I wonder if he referenced the time his career was ended, just like he does as a commentator 100% of the time someone is down with an injury. 

Hey guys, did you know that Theismann's career was ended? It's just like Cross Fit...you want to know how someone does Cross Fit? They'll tell you.

• Like 1