Garnett - Possible Season Ending IR

StevenK

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Was pretty much my feeling as well. If we had waited, and still picked Garnett over those guys, that would have been fine. I really didn't have a problem with that. I really liked Whitehair too and thought he was plug and play, so I would have been super happy with him as a "consolation prize". There just wasn't much separating those guys, and I wouldn't have given up assets to land one of them (even with the fifth year option on the table). 

Same here as well. Just Baalke being Baalke. 

Injuries are absolutely pushing him towards the "bust" end of the spectrum. And that's just the thing with this game, injuries can destroy careers. It doesnt sound like this will end a career or anything although the original 4 weeks diagnosis has passed and upgrading it to another few months is not a good sign. If he's on the IR this year I'm moving on from expecting anything out of him as a niner. Might end up a blessing that he's on IR because it forces us to stock up the Oline with guys like Tomlinson and Magnuson who have equally as much potential as Garnett. 

Archived