Is it blasphemy to like more than one team?

Hail Mary

Not equally cheer or support those teams, but is it a faux pas to like more than one team?

I've been a Green Bay fan for 4 years now. The memories I have of A-Rod throwing unbelievable touchdowns against the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs, coming back injured against the Bears to win the opening game etc. Has made me a fan for life. There will never be a team on par with Green Bay for me...

That said, the Texans were a team I had interest in before I picked Green Bay and, while I don't like them equally and if they ever play eachother, Green Bay is who I support 100%, but when Green Bay isn't playing, I like to watch the Texans play. 

Is that committing a Cardinal sin of some kind?

• Like 3

After the Browns left Cleveland, I followed a few different teams until they came back. That's acceptable.

Also, since Green Bay and Houston are in separate conferences, I rule that it's ok. However, you always should have a "diehard" status for a team, no exceptions. You can't bail on them for any reason whatsoever/must always root for them against said other teams.

*Exceptions:

-Rooting for losses to enhance draft pick/long term health of your team once eliminated from playoffs (See: 2014-2017 Cleveland Browns).

-Rooting for losses for your Rasputin coach to get fired (See: Rams/Jeff Fisher, Bengals/Marvin Lewis)

-You've been completely and utterly betrayed and deserve better. You're in a toxic relationship and will come back once the team figures it out/looks competent (See: The Browns keeping Hue Jackson for a 3rd season)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

After the Browns left Cleveland, I followed a few different teams until they came back. That's acceptable.

Also, since Green Bay and Houston are in separate conferences, I rule that it's ok. However, you always should have a "diehard" status for a team, no exceptions. You can't bail on them for any reason whatsoever/must always root for them against said other teams.

*Exceptions:

-Rooting for losses to enhance draft pick/long term health of your team once eliminated from playoffs (See: 2014-2017 Cleveland Browns).

-Rooting for losses for your Rasputin coach to get fired (See: Rams/Jeff Fisher, Bengals/Marvin Lewis)

-You've been completely and utterly betrayed and deserve better. You're in a toxic relationship and will come back once the team figures it out/looks competent (See: The Browns keeping Hue Jackson for a 3rd season)

Yeah, that was part of the reason I went with it.

They'll rarely play eachother, it's not like they're the friggin' Vikings, who I hate with a passion and watch just to see them lose.

NFC North vs AFC South, can't get much further apart than that. 

Not at all. Honestly, I have a rooting interest in damn near any matchup, because there are a lot of teams that I like more than others. I only truly love the Chiefs, but there are plenty of players and teams around the league that I would rather see succeed in matchups not against the Chiefs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Not at all. Honestly, I have a rooting interest in damn near any matchup, because there are a lot of teams that I like more than others. I only truly love the Chiefs, but there are plenty of players and teams around the league that I would rather see succeed in matchups not against the Chiefs.

Yeah!

There are quite a few teams who I enjoy watching. Wouldn't say Im a fan, but the NFL has so many great teams. It's hard to like just one.

Edited by Hail Mary

35 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Not equally cheer or support those teams, but is it a faux pas to like more than one team?

I've been a Green Bay fan for 4 years now. The memories I have of A-Rod throwing unbelievable touchdowns against the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs, coming back injured against the Bears to win the opening game etc. Has made me a fan for life. There will never be a team on par with Green Bay for me...

That said, the Texans were a team I had interest in before I picked Green Bay and, while I don't like them equally and if they ever play eachother, Green Bay is who I support 100%, but when Green Bay isn't playing, I like to watch the Texans play. 

Is that committing a Cardinal sin of some kind?

Liking the Texans is the most noble thing a fan can do. 

I have a place in my heart for the Panthers - they kept me afloat during those days when Houston didn't have a team. I always liked their players too; Steve Smith, Kris Jenkins, Julius Peppers, Thomas Davis, Stephen Davis etc. I even like Cam, Luke, Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore - they're a fun team to follow.

And @fretgod99 is the JD to my Turk. That's worth something.

They're my NFC team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Liking the Texans is the most noble thing a fan can do. 

I have a place in my heart for the Panthers - they kept me afloat during those days when Houston didn't have a team. I always liked their players too; Steve Smith, Kris Jenkins, Julius Peppers, Thomas Davis, Stephen Davis etc. I even like Cam, Luke, Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore - they're a fun team to follow.

And @fretgod99 is the JD to my Turk. That's worth something.

They're my NFC team.

You're a Texans fan I see, cheers.

• Like 1

I root for lots of teams, and that list fluctuates from year to year depending where players/coaches I like go.

First and foremost I’m a Saints fan, if you’re playing the Saints I’m rooting for you to lose.

I also like the Seahawks (not as much as I used to, they’ve been my Dads team since the 80s) and the Patriots (BB is my favorite NFL figure of all time). More recently, the Browns (started early last year so I could say I was a fan when they still sucked obviously) and the Ravens now that Ingram is there.

I also like Cam Newton, McCaffrey and Kuechly but obviously can’t root for them except under very specific conditions (when their win helps the Saints in a seeding situation). 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3