Is it blasphemy to like more than one team?

Hail Mary

The rules people try to impart on how others decide to be fans are silly. Like what you like, and leave everyone else alone.

If you want to change from a Packers fan to a Bears fan, more power to you. If you want to root for every team in the league, go for it. If you want to like one team, but only when they’re good, that’s cool too. Do what makes enjoying the game most enjoyable for you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I'm pretty sure most Saints fans on here have liked the Patriots for a while now. Payton obviously respects BB and models parts of his coaching style and scheme trying to imitate the Patriots. I think the respect is mutual, they have had joint camps on several occasions and its resulted in us grabbing some Pats that didn't make the cut and the other way around too if I'm not mistaken.

Saints fans just kinda followed suit. 

Austin Carr for example

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I'm pretty sure most Saints fans on here have liked the Patriots for a while now. Payton obviously respects BB and models parts of his coaching style and scheme trying to imitate the Patriots. I think the respect is mutual, they have had joint camps on several occasions and its resulted in us grabbing some Pats that didn't make the cut and the other way around too if I'm not mistaken.

Saints fans just kinda followed suit. 

here yes, other forums not so much. 

Personally, I think so but I refuse to judge anyone else. I was born and raised in Cleveland and I root for all Cleveland teams and could never stomach representing or rooting for any other team (at least significantly). I also acknowledge that I was raised with an old school, loyalty type of mentality but never would I judge guys who rooted for multiple teams. I did root for the '04 Pistons, and did like Notre Dame/FSU a little in the early 90's just because they were always on TV, and liked Oakland A's a little bit due to the Bash Brothers, but that's about it.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

My fandom was forged by the '85 Super Bowl. Patriots 1st, and my NFC team is the Bears, though I admittedly am more of a casual fan with the Bears. Walter Payton was my favorite player growing up, and my wife is from Chicago.

So no, it's all good, just do what you want to do.

Honestly, fantasy football has changed this mindset a ton.....also I just like football and the Bears werent good for a while...I had a playoff horse I would run with pretty much every year the Bears werent in it. 

Also I just like the Steelers because I loved Bettis as a kid.

Depends on what you mean here.

Having a favorite team, having more than one favorite team is nonsense.

"I'm a Patriots fan and I'm also a fan of..." Let me stop you right there.  It's like having 2 starting QB's, if you have 2, you have none.

I tend to 'pick a team' I root for if I'm watching a game that doesn't involve the Steelers, and I think that's normal in the sports society.  But to actually the 2 favorite teams, eh...I think that's same thing as not having any.