Great article on Myles Garrett

TeHDruiD

I like how Joe Thomas says in that article....." The nicest thing I can say about him is he's got the brain of an offensive lineman," Thomas says. "He's not like your typical dumb defensive lineman. He's cerebral and thoughtful,......

Damn Joe.....LMAO!!!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I like how Joe Thomas says in that article....." The nicest thing I can say about him is he's got the brain of an offensive lineman," Thomas says. "He's not like your typical dumb defensive lineman. He's cerebral and thoughtful,......

Damn Joe.....LMAO!!!!

Something tells me he's thinking of going up against this guy in practice every day before Myles was here:

51cb0ff9eab8ea2c03000002-750-563.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833810-the-depths-of-myles-garrett

Gregg Williams told him to only use 2 moves and the man still wrecked games. He's an absolute freak of nature, works like a player who wants to be a Hall of Famer and he hasnt even scratched the surface of his potential.... scary dude

I mean, if it ain’t broke...

Dude had 13.5 sacks.  Keep using those moves Myles.

I think we all get caught up in projecting Baker + our weapons that we sometimes forget that Myles can be the best defensive player in the NFL.

If we want a title, we need championship level defense.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

While I don't really agree with throwing Greggggg under the bus, I love that Myles seems to be underwhelmed with what he's done so far.

If he was being honest, and he didnt try and inside move at all last year its not under the bus imo. 

I'm excited to see Avery try a spin move on a rush as well. 

So what I'm getting from this thread is that Ogbah, who had 16 QB hits, 8 TFL and 5.5 sacks as a rookie may have been held back by the D-Co and that explains why he only had 7 sacks, 8 TFL and 13 QB hits his two years with Williams?

I do expect 8-10 sacks annually from Ogbah, I always have. He has the ability it just wasn't happening always rushing inside the tackle, which everyone said was his fault. However maybe he was just doing what he was told. Mmmm hmmm.

I seriously do expect Ogbah to have a career year especially if this is all true. I too wondered why he continuously did the same thing, along with Myles, never showing anything different than where they were lining up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

How can a coach get this far with that time if thinking?

It’s crazy.

No different than Hue and Haley though.  Just keep doing your thing and don’t worry about how everyone else fits that scheme.

Same with front offices too.  Overconfidence in ability to spot talent, not relying on analytics enough, etc. 

Some people just fail to evolve.