2020 NFL Mock Draft - Just in the nick of time

DR43

1. Jake Breeland TE Oregon
2. JR Reed S Georgia
3. Park Braun OG Texas - This is the compensation pick for Bell.
4. Carter Coughlin EDGE Minnesota
5. Damonte Coxie WR Memphis
6. Cole Chewins OT Georgia Tech
7. Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia

12 hours ago, DR43 said:

2. JR Reed S Georgia

Don't know much about prospects yet so won't comment on individual players but I definitely think the Steelers should be looking for an Edge guy much sooner than that. I'm also a little iffy on going after another WR. We have drafted 2nd or 3rd round receivers three years in a row now so I feel like we need to be letting them develop and maybe targeting a veteran in FA to fill out that group. Otherwise I think position-wise I could see it.

14 hours ago, DR43 said:

2. JR Reed S Georgia

As a UGA homer, I love the Reed and Hot Rod pick.

However, I think Edge is going to be a huge need, even if Bud works out.  I can't see Safety again this high, unless we are not resigning Davis.  I would expect the Steelers to want to make a long term backfield of Davis and Edmunds, if he plays well this year.  I don't mind the mid round WR... he can provide depth.  Also, I think that DL might be a high get next year with advanced ages of Tuitt and Heyward.

Good job tho... 

Pass rusher/OLB will be a huge need next year.   It was a huge need THIS year, but our front office is clueless and tagged a complete bum in Dupree and seemingly has some misguided faith in some young guys who have never shown a damn thing. 

S and TE will be huge needs too, so no issue with the direction of this draft.    Lets just hope people dont keep pretending Sean Davis is anything more than a mediocre talent at S, or he might foolishly get resigned...which he probably will.   

I'd like to watch a few college games in 2019 before I start thinking about players for the Steelers. If the Steelers don't create more TOs on D with tighter coverage and better pass rush, then I'm going to want Edge and CB more than ever. I felt TE was a bigger need this last draft, so we'll have to see how Gentry pans out. My expectations are low.

• Like 1

Can’t complain about either Lines, and TE...

FS and EDGE dependent upon resigning Davis/Dupree...for some reason, I think they resign Davis long term following season...I think he may surprise people this year.

• Like 1