Way Too Early 2020 Mock Draft. Because WHY NOT

brushmyhair

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns in the AFCCG LMAOOOOOOOO

Browns are gonna be good dude. Not a lock to reach the AFCCG, but they're one of the 5-6 most talented teams in the NFL on paper. I don't think it's that ridiculous other than the fact that people expect the "same old Browns." I don't believe in curses; this is the most talented Browns team they've ever had. Not that crazy.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Edited by BleedTheClock

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Browns are gonna be good dude. Not a lock to reach the AFCCG, but they're one of the 5-6 most talented teams in the NFL on paper. I don't think it's that ridiculous other than the fact that people expect the "same old Browns." I don't believe in curses; this is the most talented Browns team they've ever had. Not that crazy.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

I think they’ll be good but AFCCG good??? No way. I think they just miss the playoffs. 

Their on paper talent isn’t that good. In terms of top players at their respective positions you have Beckham and maybe Garrett. 

Rookie Head Coach who’s calling plays. New DC. Tough division. It’s gonna be tough but they’ll pull some games out. 

Being the most talented Browns team ever could be considered being the tallest midget. But you’re definitely moving in the right direction. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Their on paper talent isn’t that good.

QB Baker Mayfield
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Nick Chubb
RB Duke Johnson
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Antonio Callaway
TE David Njoku
OG Joel Bitonio

DE Myles Garrett
DE Olivier Vernon
DT Larry Ogunjobi
DT Sheldon Richardson
MLB Joe Schobert
CB Denzel Ward
CB Greedy Williams
FS Damarious Randall

We'll see if they can piece it all together which remains to be seen, but that's an insane amount of pure talent.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

QB Baker Mayfield
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Nick Chubb
RB Duke Johnson
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Antonio Callaway
TE David Njoku
OG Joel Bitonio

DE Myles Garrett
DE Olivier Vernon
DT Larry Ogunjobi
DT Sheldon Richardson
MLB Joe Schobert
CB Denzel Ward
CB Greedy Williams
FS Damarious Randall

We'll see if they can piece it all together which remains to be seen, but that's an insane amount of pure talent.

I would include this guys in that list of talented players they have as well.

Greg Robinson OT, Eric Murray S, Rashard Higgins WR, Demetrius Harris TE, Chad Thomas DE, Anthony Zettel DE, Carl Davis DT, Christian Kirksey LB , Sione Takitaki LB, Mack Wilson ILB, Phillip Gaines CB,  Jaelen Strong WR, Pharaoh Brown TE, Orson Charles TE, Jermaine Whitehead S, Sheldrick Redwine S.

Zettel is a steal and has a lot of upside, still a young prospect, Murray I like at safety the former CB in college.  Mack Wilson was a steal and has a lot of upside, Whitehead I like at safety as well and Redwine has some skills as a rookie.  Kirksey if he can stay healthy is a solid LB and Carl Davis I liked in college as a DT but he also needs to be able to get on the field, Chad Thomas has a lot of upside at LB and Takitaki is another very promsing young rookie LB.  Also Demetrius Harris has start potential at TE and is a great backup with his athletic ability.  And Greg Robinson has talent of course.  

Only real question I would say for that team is the OL, but if that is solid for sure they will be a solid football team, would be shocked if they are not clearly above .500 to end the season.  

On 6/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, BleedTheClock said:

QB Baker Mayfield
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Nick Chubb
RB Duke Johnson
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Antonio Callaway
TE David Njoku
OG Joel Bitonio

DE Myles Garrett
DE Olivier Vernon
DT Larry Ogunjobi
DT Sheldon Richardson
MLB Joe Schobert
CB Denzel Ward
CB Greedy Williams
FS Damarious Randall

Almost every team has a good amount of talent. 

Browns can be very good but AFCCG good would be a miraculous season. 

I know a lot of people are expecting them to carry the momentum from now they ended last year however Kitchens as HC with an OC who’s not calling plays and a DC who just led a team to the #1 pick is something I think will hold them back at least early on in the season. 

I have their floor as 7-9 and their ceiling as 10-6 but just missing the playoffs. 

Steelers and Ravens IMO should be better. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Almost every team has a good amount of talent. 

Browns can be very good but AFCCG good would be a miraculous season. 

I know a lot of people are expecting them to carry the momentum from now they ended last year however Kitchens as HC with an OC who’s not calling plays and a DC who just led a team to the #1 pick is something I think will hold them back at least early on in the season. 

I have their floor as 7-9 and their ceiling as 10-6 but just missing the playoffs. 

Steelers and Ravens IMO should be better. 

I don’t disagree that they need to prove it first. They will 100% not be bottom dwellers anymore even if Hue Jackson was still the coach.

And I disagree that most other NFL teams have comparable talent. Especially comparable talent in the prime of their careers. The arrow is pointing up on almost every one of those players listed. It’s a top 5 team on paper. A top 5 team in terms of talent would not shock the world by making it to their conference championship game. I’m not gonna be dumbfounded if the Browns get 9-10 wins and miss the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn’t be shocked if they made it to the title game either. 

The raw talent is top notch. I know the whole operation could crumble beneath us if the team doesn’t gel quickly, but it’s not like someone put the Giants in the title game. The Browns are universally considered one of the best 10 teams in the NFL at the moment.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t disagree that they need to prove it first. They will 100% not be bottom dwellers anymore even if Hue Jackson was still the coach.

And I disagree that most other NFL teams have comparable talent. Especially comparable talent in the prime of their careers. The arrow is pointing up on almost every one of those players listed. It’s a top 5 team on paper. A top 5 team in terms of talent would not shock the world by making it to their conference championship game. I’m not gonna be dumbfounded if the Browns get 9-10 wins and miss the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn’t be shocked if they made it to the title game either. 

The raw talent is top notch. I know the whole operation could crumble beneath us if the team doesn’t gel quickly, but it’s not like someone put the Giants in the title game. The Browns are universally considered one of the best 10 teams in the NFL at the moment.

Come on man, one of the 10 best teams? I think the Browns are definitely one of the up and coming teams that people want to see succeed but coaching is a huge aspect of it all and that’s not something being talented on paper will help you with. 

As far as being a top 5 team on paper or top 10 team I can name 13 off the top of my head that are either better teams or more talented on paper. 

Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Saints, Rams, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, Bears, Cowboys, Colts, Jaguars and Texans are all better or at least equal. 

The Browns improved and have ditched the laughing stock label but I still think they’re maybe another year or two away from the upper echelon.

They will be a fun team to follow.

I don't think Jonathan Taylor goes in the 1st round. He's got fumbling issues, he's not really a pass catcher out of the backfield and he's a terrible pass blocker so he's basically a 2 down back right now. Kid is a GREAT running back but I'm not sure how great of a fit he is for the modern game.