Way Too Early 2020 Mock Draft. Because WHY NOT

brushmyhair

8 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Flip him out to Right Tackle then

We just picked our starting rt in round 2 this year in Jawaan taylor whom everyone mocked to us at 7.  OT isnt a need unless cam doesn't play good.  If u want to give us an OL i would look more at c where we can move on from linder who seems to be good for missing a few games a year.  Rg could be in pkay but i guess they like cann even tho he is booty

18 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

22. Houston Texans: Johnathan Taylor

This is probably assuming Jadevion Clowney is retained - because if he's gone, OLB is a significant need.

Even then, I'd put CB as a bigger need. Lonnie Johnson might need a running mate back at CB.

I like the pick, however.

16. Atlanta Falcons: Derrick Brown  - Fantastic falcons pick as Brown fits exactly what we could use on the D-line if none of our current players take that next step next to grady.   With that said if we are legit picking 16th again and it's not because of catastrophic injuries again then i would say Quinn and Company are probably looking for work this time next year lol.  We have way to much talent on this team to be a middle of the road team and someone will need to answer for that. 

Edited by FalconFan13

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

16. Atlanta Falcons: Derrick Brown  - Fantastic falcons pick as Brown fits exactly what we could use on the D-line if none of our current players take that next step next to grady.   With that said if we are legit picking 16th again and it's not because of catastrophic injuries again then i would say Quinn and Company are probably looking for work this time next year lol.  We have way to much talent on this team to be a middle of the road team and someone will need to answer for that. 

The dolphins took your guy at 13 and he almost sacked the commisioner

Edited by brushmyhair

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

The dolphins took your guy at 13 and he almost sacked the commisioner

lol yeah i was a little bummed although my 2 main move was getting Oliver via a small move up or moving up to 3 or 4 for Quninen Williams.   Wilkins was for sure my other main choice as well as Dexter Lawrence.  I sorta wish we had taken Lawrence personally but on the other hand Lindstrom was my #1 interior lineman in the draft and i can't ever be mad fixing the O-line for the next 10 years.  #1 player at 1 position could be better than #4 player at another position.  Both had similar value to me around the 11 to 25 range so i can't be to upset as neither was a big reach to me of those 2.    Overall im pleased with the draft i just wish we had saved a little of that cap space on either Carpenter, Sambrallo, or Brown to put it toward a big time Edge rusher or DT in FA like a Justin Houston, Ansah, Danny Shelton,  Suh   etc.... to pair with our 2 new young 1st round lineman to fix both sides of the trenches better.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:01 AM, LinderFournette said:

While trey adams is a decent pick i dont think hes worth the risk with all his injury problems and i don't view LT as a need at this juncture because cam robinson didnt really play last year so ivwould rather see us use that pick to potentially pick Campbell's replacement in Epenesa tho i could see us going wr or rb with Jonathan Taylor. 

Idk if Cam is the answer at LT and since its year 3 now we need to figure out if he is soon. I could see LT being the pick 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if Cam is the answer at LT and since its year 3 now we need to figure out if he is soon. I could see LT being the pick 

yes but i dont think the answer is in a guy who has missed appx a year and a quarter with a knee for the quarter and a back injury for the year is a good option at attempting to answer the LT position.  you also forget that our team has given blaine gabbert 3 years of starts, bortles got 5 years of starts  so there is oh lets see if he gets better going on.   i think rohinson will get 4 years before they decide if they want to move in a different direction at left tackle unless he completely falls off the rails and plays worse then rookie year. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

yes but i dont think the answer is in a guy who has missed appx a year and a quarter with a knee for the quarter and a back injury for the year is a good option at attempting to answer the LT position.  you also forget that our team has given blaine gabbert 3 years of starts, bortles got 5 years of starts  so there is oh lets see if he gets better going on.   i think rohinson will get 4 years before they decide if they want to move in a different direction at left tackle unless he completely falls off the rails and plays worse then rookie year. 

Definitely, was speaking more about the position than the player

1 hour ago, bigdog2372 said:

I don’t necessarily hate it. RB could be a need depending how Barber and RoJo perform in Arians’ system.

Arians is going to want an explosive RB. Ideally, Najee would be perfect, but he won't be available 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, Counselor said:

Shenault for Denver. We need a playmaker at WR and a Colorado kid. Sutton, Shenault, Fant, Lindsay, Freeman and Lock the future of the offense 

I mean I get it, but you guys will be thin at CB, Especially if you trade Harris. Callahan and Jackson is not a viable secondary. Best to fortify it

On 5/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Definitely, was speaking more about the position than the player

and like i said unless our front office/coaches change i dont see any reason to believe that cam wont get 3 full years to strut what hes got.  im not counting last year cuz lets be honest it was under 4 games before a knee injury.  

weve seen this team give Blaine Gabbert(who everyone can tell was a bust after 2 years) 3 years of starts.  weve seen this team give Blake bortles who showed flashes of good but mostly bad 5 years.   theres definitely something about this team that gives early picks a few years of playing time before deciding to attempt to upgrade/replace.   

u might bring up joeckel as your example but lets not forget we gave beachum an extremely team friendly deal(1 year with a 4 year 40 milllion or so option)  and joeckel i believe was on his 4th year at that time and the team was trying him out at other spots to see if he had what it took to be a G and didnt seem like it worked as well as being very injury prone. 

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

and like i said unless our front office/coaches change i dont see any reason to believe that cam wont get 3 full years to strut what hes got.  im not counting last year cuz lets be honest it was under 4 games before a knee injury.  

weve seen this team give Blaine Gabbert(who everyone can tell was a bust after 2 years) 3 years of starts.  weve seen this team give Blake bortles who showed flashes of good but mostly bad 5 years.   theres definitely something about this team that gives early picks a few years of playing time before deciding to attempt to upgrade/replace.   

u might bring up joeckel as your example but lets not forget we gave beachum an extremely team friendly deal(1 year with a 4 year 40 milllion or so option)  and joeckel i believe was on his 4th year at that time and the team was trying him out at other spots to see if he had what it took to be a G and didnt seem like it worked as well as being very injury prone. 

Gabbert and Joeckel werent Coughlin guys