Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders not expected to exercise Karl Joseph's option

Not surprising given the Abram pick, but it sucks to see as I thought he played well late in the year. Some team is going to get a solid, pissed off, young and cheap S next year.

I like Joseph but he is not worth $9 million unless something changes this year.  That would make him the 11th highest paid safety.  I would not have paid Joyner that much easier so maybe this is a Gruden ego thing with RM.

9 mill? Well that makes sense then I suppose. Probably the best for both camps. Hopefully he plays well for us as Abram becomes the main guy, puts himself firmly in the shop window and we get some half decent comp for him.

Ultimately he will become redundant if Abram can do his role, with the addition of covering TEs. We have Harris and Joyner already and with the low value of safeties in general it seems excessive to pay Joseph that much.

This was expected since the Abram pick

Never know.. maybe they use him at fs and resign him at 5 mill. 

When Joseph was drafted I told everyone he should be playing FS not many agreed.

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

When Joseph was drafted I told everyone he should be playing FS not many agreed.

And I still don’t. Think hes gone after this year and signs as a SS somewhere.

51 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Kind of says something that now 2 different coaching staffs didn't play him there no? He would be a liability as a FS. Not rangy and to small in coverage. 

I told everyone we drafted the wrong safety. Neal was the right guy and ironically, that's kind of who Abram is now years later.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Kind of says something that now 2 different coaching staffs didn't play him there no? He would be a liability as a FS. Not rangy and to small in coverage. 

I told everyone we drafted the wrong safety. Neal was the right guy and ironically, that's kind of who Abram is now years later.

Oh there he is I'm sure it was us debating now. I disagree his college film showed he had range, and speed to play deep safety and was solid in coverage, but the Raiders like playing people out of position so.

Weird no one on here seems to remember when they were wrong.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Oh there he is I'm sure it was us debating now. I disagree his college film showed he had range, and speed to play deep safety and was solid in coverage, but the Raiders like playing people out of position so.

lol... no fans think they no it all is the problem.

You really think Guenther has a lowkey stud FS on hsi roster he's ignorning?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... no fans think they no it all is the problem.

You really think Guenther has a lowkey stud FS on hsi roster he's ignorning?

I'm saying when he was drafted, he showed signs of life under Guenther last season.