Honestly rate YOUR team's draft.

Suffering_Bills

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Andre Dillard - (A-) Really good pick, though he still needs to improve his run blocking, and he won't have an impact year 1 really. He's in a great situation learning from Jason Peters for a season and then taking over.
Miles Sanders - (B) Good runningback, with even better potential, however it still is taking a RB early in the draft. On the bright side both Clement and Howard are free agents next year so he could play an important role moving forward. He does have a shiftiness and pass catching ability that I do like.
JJ Arcega-Whiteside (C+) - Were probably other better choices that can be made. What he does, he does well, but can he round himself into a more complete receiver?
Shareef Miller (C-) - I'm from Penn State and had a much lower grade on Miller than he was drafted at. Best case scenario IMO he's a backup for his whole career, he has no power and is never going to go through guys in the NFL. If he can't get around the outside he'll never do anything. He's a 3rd down Wide 9 Rusher exclusively IMO.
Clayton Thorson (C) - We definitely could use a 3rd string QB, However with only 5 picks being made in this draft as well as the fact that his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired, It's relatively disappointing.

Overall - (B-)

I agree mostly with this, but I'm a little lower on Sanders, because I think Montgomery and Henderson are both better and went in the 3rd, and higher on Dillard. I promise you, if we make the playoffs, Andre Dillard will likely be starting at LT. Jason Peters is not making it through the season. Andre Dillard will likely be starting the most important games we play this season assuming were in a position to play important games (Aka Wentz plays 16 games). He's got til week 12ish (maybe sooner than that) to learn how to run block, and then Peters' body will probably call it a season/HOF career. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

I would go with a B.  I love the players we drafted but felt the value wasn’t great in the early rounds, but we got some great value in the later rounds.  I feel like we got 4-5 starters and added good depth to other positions.  

Round 1: (No. 4 overall) Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson;

(24) Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama;

(27) Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State. 
»

Round 2: (40) Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson. 
»

Round 4: (106) Maxx Crosby, DE, Eastern Michigan;

(129) Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston;

(137) Foster Moreau, TE, LSU. 
»

Round 5: (149) Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson. 
»

Round 7: (230) Quinton Bell, DE, Prairie View A&M.

Seahawks = Solid 

Seattle focused on Speed, Versatility, Toughness

LJ Collier has the potential to make an impact at the 5 tech, and potentially to kick inside on pass rushing downs (ala Michael Bennett). Marquise Blair is a missile, who can lineup at both safety positions, play deep middle, and in the box. LB's Connor Barton and Ben Burr-Kieven should make immediate impacts on ST (a unit that struggled last year) and offer good depth behind Wagner, KJ and Kendricks. Phil Haynes is a prototypical OL in this new scheme, has the potential to push for playing time in 2019, but if not, is a great depth piece as he can play both G spots and kick out to RT in a pinch. Umadi is a tough dude, who could be a nice little swiss army knife and line up at a couple of different positions in the secondary. Adding DK and Gary Jennings to the WR unit with Lockett and Moore, turn passing downs into track meets. Seattle does a lot of the damage down field, and this unit can really take advantage of that. 

Now the most glaring negative is edge rusher was not addressed, and as its stands, the biggest glaring hole on the team. Another knock is there doesn't seem to be game changing players here, and the focus seemed to be adding depth and solid contributors. 

The most amazing thing was JS's wizardry, turning 4 picks into 11, and value wise, creating a late 2nd round pick out of thin air. 

Like the Browns and Cowboys, the Chiefs had not day 1 pick. In their case it was used to get a prime DE, Frank "the Tank" Clark. Figuring only the remaining picks, I give them a B+ for finding value, meeting need and providing upside. At least three players will play regularly from the start and the day two picks will eventually start. 

Chiefs - B+ 

J

Brian Burns - Incredible pick. We really needed a pass rusher. Hurney always nails his first rounders and this guy somehow fell to us. Should be a major franchise cornerstone for the next decade.

Greg Little - Terrible pick. Hurney is a nightmare in the 2nd round. Look up his history in it. We tried trading up for this guy as early as the 21st pick to try and snipe the Texans. Then the Texans, a team desperate for OL help, opted for some guy from Alabama State. Then we traded up for him anyway in the 2nd. I just don't trust Hurney's judgement here. He's never drafted a good player in the 2nd round. Gave up pick 77 to get to this spot too. The Bills, who picked directly after us, traded up by only giving up their 158th pick. Embarrassing. Fun fact: the Bills are run by Brandon Beane, who was Gettleman's protege and could have been our GM instead of this idiot. Thanks a lot, Jerry Richardson, you racist sexist piece of garbage. I hope you rot. Firing Gettleman without a replacement was the dumbest move in our franchise's history.

Will Grier - We drafted a guy who hopefully never plays. Awesome. Hurney said "teams had a first round grade on him" and yet nobody took him until we did at pick 100.

Christian Miller - Another day three tweener from Hurney. Members of this group also include Hilee Taylor, Eric Norwood, and Marquis Haynes. They have a combined two sacks over five seasons of play. Reeks of a "name player" slipping which Hurney always liked (Greg Hardy, Duke Robinson, Dan Connor, Dwayne Jarrett, Jimmy Clausen, etc).

Jordan Scarlett - A RB who can't catch and was busted for credit card fraud AND weed possession (less of an issue for me personally but the NFL will get mad about it). Dope. Just what we need considering our horrific RB depth behind CMC.

Dennis Daley - Some random OL who will only make the team on account of how trash our OL depth is. Played LT a lot though and has decent tape against Clelin Ferrell, so there's that I guess.

Terry Godwin - Tiny slot receiver who might be able to do some returning. Shrug.

So sick of this moron running the team.

• Like 1

im going with a B.

Josh allen is an A+ pick even tho i prefered Hockenson but i get it cuz he was BPA by most media

Jawaan Taylor is an A Pick. i prefered Ford to taylor but i cant complain cuz everyone thought taylor would be a heavy consideration at 7 by the media. 

Josh Oliver is a B pick. like the player just not at that spot. had other TEs rated over him but u like who you like. 

Quincy Williams is an F pick.  even with telvin not talking to the team i dont see the reason to spend a 3rd round choice on a WLB.

Ryquell Armstead is a B pick.  if u want an exact guy to spell fournette hes your guy but i was hoping for a guy to repalce yeldon/grant as a pass catcher/3rd down guy. 

Gardner Minshaw is a C pick.  i didnt really see QB as a draft pick needed unless it was early but minshaw is better then tanner lee from last year so theres that but i was hoping to take a shot on tyree jackson instead cuz those tools would be a good development prospect. 

Dontavius russell is a D.  a run stopping NT type wasnt a big need to me with 3 NT types on the roster. 

I’ll give it a B or B- for the Bengals. I liked the Jonah pick. I don’t think he’s a guy who’s going to perform at an all-pro level, but will remain an above-average mainstay with the team for the next 10+ years. PrattI and Sample will prove to be solid, unspectacular starters - nothing that moves the needle. Wren is where this draft could really boom. If he puts his game together he could be the best player period from this class. I liked the value in that pick as well. Jordan has a chance to develop into a starter down the line at a position group that’s now crowded. The Finley pick could be really interesting in a few years. He’s got Dalton (albeit with the upside of the unknown) written all over him, but will be paid a fraction of the cost an nearly a decade younger. I think the Anderson pick could potentially be the best of the bunch if he can stay healthy. All in all, it was solid. The Sample pick really soured it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

For the PACKERS:
They key picks.
#12 DE/OLB Rashan Gary Very nervous about the pick. Incredible athlete with huge upside (and the Packers have absolutely loved high RAS guys for several years now). It's the lack of production that scares me for a pick this high. I don't hate on the guy at all, I'm just unsure that the return on this pick will justify pick #12, when Brian Burns or even Christian Wilkins were still there. C-

#21 (trade up) FS Darnell Savage. Packers could have waited until pick 44 and taken Adderley, Thornhill or Gardner-Johnson. That they were willing to move up for Savage tells you they just loved him. He was a real late riser in the draft. I thought their pick #30 and 2x 4ths was a lot to pay to move up for a guy, when there were other good free safeties likely available, but i like the boldness of going and getting the guy if you think "He is the one". Loved the pick itself (an A), but wasn't a fan of the trade up, given the other guys available later, so...  B

#44 C/G Elgton Jenkins  A surprise high pick for an interior lineman for the Packers. Their modus operandi is usually to get guys that played OT with 4th and 5th round picks and often convert them to other positions. Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Linsley, Tretter, were all taken with 4th/5th rounders.  Elgton is very talented, and probably an early starter (G) at a position that could do with some upgrading, while also being a viable C replacement if injury strikes. Technically advanced. Has all the movement skills you want for La Fleur's  outside zone run game. Good pick, safe pick. A-

#75 TE Jace Sternberger The one pick I was always selecting in the innumerable Fanspeak drafts I ran. Knocked a bit for his average combine 40 time (4.75 40) and average blocking skills. Packers brought him in for a visit, where he ran a tidy 4.66 40. This guy moves as smooth as whipped cream over warm honey (the anti-Troy Fumagalli), cuts beautifully for a big guy, catches well, a great pick at an area of big future need (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis will not be on the team after 2019). A

The later picks.
#150 DL Kingsley Keke He seemed solid value here. A rotational guy who had a nice combine (best 1vs1 record), strong, needs better technique, could be a nice addition if Mike Daniels is not retained when his contract runs out, after 2019........ and even if Daniels re-ups, a good DL rotation is never bad. B-

#185 CB Ka'Dar Hollman  This follows the Packers high RAS guys philosophy (4.39-second 40-yard dash, 38-inch vertical and 6.81 3-cone). Instincts not there yet. An obvious ST candidate. C+

#194 RB Dexter Williams  Packers needed  a third RB, so this fits the bill nicely. Solid value in the 6th, imo. C+

#226 LB Ty Summers  94.6 RAS guy, runs a 4.51 40, at 240lb. Hair on fire LB. ST candidate who might become something more. Packers are thin at ILB so he might be a good developmental pick in the 7th. Has all the physical tools, but will only succeed beyond ST, if he hones his instincts A-

No A+ picks, or F's (which isn't surprising for me), but somehow I never gave one D or E grade either - shocking. Grades were 3x A's, 2x B's, 3x C's. The Packers picks made sense, filled areas of need and (mostly) seemed good value. I was pleased enough with this draft to consider an A- overall, but the first two picks (which you would suppose were the most important) had questions on production (Gary), and trade up worthiness (Savage), so I went with an overall grade of B     

Very nice job this year by the Packers, I thought.

My two favourite players this year, ones that I thought had a chance to be Packers (ie not Ed Oliver), were Clelin Ferrell, who sadly was long-gone by pick #12 (he went 4th to the Raiders), and Jeffery Simmons, who, after his ACL, I hoped against hope would still be there at #30 (he went at #19 to the Titans).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

For the PACKERS:
They key picks.
#12 DE/OLB Rashan Gary Very nervous about the pick. Incredible athlete with huge upside (and the Packers have absolutely loved high RAS guys for several years now). It's the lack of production that scares me for a pick this high. I don't hate on the guy at all, I'm just unsure that the return on this pick will justify pick #12, when Brian Burns or even Christian Wilkins were still there. C-

#21 (trade up) FS Darnell Savage. Packers could have waited until pick 44 and taken Adderley, Thornhill or Gardner-Johnson. That they were willing to move up for Savage tells you they just loved him. He was a real late riser in the draft. I thought their pick #30 and 2x 4ths was a lot to pay to move up for a guy, when there were other good free safeties likely available, but i like the boldness of going and getting the guy if you think "He is the one". Loved the pick itself (an A), but wasn't a fan of the trade up, given the other guys available later, so...  B

#44 C/G Elgton Jenkins  A surprise high pick for an interior lineman for the Packers. Their modus operandi is usually to get guys that played OT with 4th and 5th round picks and often convert them to other positions. Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Linsley, Tretter, were all taken with 4th/5th rounders.  Elgton is very talented, and probably an early starter (G) at a position that could do with some upgrading, while also being a viable C replacement if injury strikes. Technically advanced. Has all the movement skills you want for La Fleur's  outside zone run game. Good pick, safe pick. A-

#75 TE Jace Sternberger The one pick I was always selecting in the innumerable Fanspeak drafts I ran. Knocked a bit for his average combine 40 time (4.75 40) and average blocking skills. Packers brought him in for a visit, where he ran a tidy 4.66 40. This guy moves as smooth as whipped cream over warm honey (the anti-Troy Fumagalli), cuts beautifully for a big guy, catches well, a great pick at an area of big future need (Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis will not be on the team after 2019). A

The later picks.
#150 DL Kingsley Keke He seemed solid value here. A rotational guy who had a nice combine (best 1vs1 record), strong, needs better technique, could be a nice addition if Mike Daniels is not retained when his contract runs out, after 2019........ and even if Daniels re-ups, a good DL rotation is never bad. B-

#185 CB Ka'Dar Hollman  This follows the Packers high RAS guys philosophy (4.39-second 40-yard dash, 38-inch vertical and 6.81 3-cone). Instincts not there yet. An obvious ST candidate. C+

#194 RB Dexter Williams  Packers needed  a third RB, so this fits the bill nicely. Solid value in the 6th, imo. C+

#226 LB Ty Summers  94.6 RAS guy, runs a 4.51 40, at 240lb. Hair on fire LB. ST candidate who might become something more. Packers are thin at ILB so he might be a good developmental pick in the 7th. Has all the physical tools, but will only succeed beyond ST, if he hones his instincts A-

No A+ picks, or F's (which isn't surprising for me), but somehow I never gave one D or E grade either - shocking. Grades were 3x A's, 2x B's, 3x C's. The Packers picks made sense, filled areas of need and (mostly) seemed good value. I was pleased enough with this draft to consider an A- overall, but the first two picks (which you would suppose were the most important) had questions on production (Gary), and trade up worthiness (Savage), so I went with an overall grade of B     

Very nice job this year by the Packers, I thought.

My favourite player two players this year that I thought had a chance to be Packers, were Clelin Ferrell, who sadly was long-gone by pick #12 (he went 4th to the Raiders), and Jeffery Simmons, who, after his ACL, I hoped against hope would still be there at #30 (he went at #19 to the Titans).

Good write up, but disagree on Elgton Jenkins and his movement skills. He's technically refined and powerful as hell, but he's really not a good mover.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Good write up, but disagree on Elgton Jenkins and his movement skills. He's technically refined and powerful as hell, but he's really not a good mover.

His lateral movement is good enough. Watching him in space makes me cringe. 

tennessee:

#19 DL jeffery simmons: A-. really talented player and the value is great, but i can't give it a full A with the ACL injury. hopefully he'll be a big piece of our front 7 going forward, but he doesn't help this year.

#51 WR aj brown: A. i wouldn't have been totally surprised if we had gone with him in the first round. getting him at 51 was fantastic value. he'll immediately come in and challenge for the #2 spot behind corey davis.

#82 OG nate davis: B+. he's kinda raw but very talented. high upside as an interior OL. he'll have an opportunity to challenge for a starting spot day one, which is partially due to our weakness at that spot, but i think he can be a really good player for us.

#116 S amani hooker: B. very good player at great value, but the need at safety isn't really there. still, he'll immediately contribute on ST and may get some play as a dime back/in 3-safety packages. at worst he gives us really good safety depth alongside dane cruikshank.

#168 OLB d'andre walker: B+. great value (a theme of this draft) in the 5th round. may be able to see the field early as a rotational piece. doubt he'll ever be more than that, but he shores up our edge depth.

#188 ILB david long: A-. another player we snagged well after he was projected to go. will be a ST contributor and provide great depth at ILB, which is looking like one of the strongest positions on the team right now.

i feel like it's pretty rare that i like a draft class of ours this universally, but i thought we did quite well for ourselves.

Not going to grade but I loved the direction we went. To me the three biggest needs were DBs, NT and depth that could play OG/T.

Rapp and Long are not only good players for Wade but we’re good value where they were picked. Nick Scott will also make the team and be depth at Safety while playing a lot on special teams.

Gaines is a very good run defender to put next to Aaron Donald. He will get a lot of opportunities to make plays in run defense which he excels at.

David Edwards and Bobby Evans will both be Guard and Tackle depth. One could even compete for RG with a good camp.

Darrell Henderson is a playmaker that was great in college in an outside zone scene which McVay runs. He could also be a returner on special teams.

Then we added Dakota Allen with our last pick which will also produce on ST.

Hit the areas I thought they would and did it well.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, -Hope- said:

tennessee:

#19 DL jeffery simmons: A-. really talented player and the value is great, but i can't give it a full A with the ACL injury. hopefully he'll be a big piece of our front 7 going forward, but he doesn't help this year.

Why not?, that's an A+ player you guys got at #19. Barring any setbacks, he ill be more than a big piece, he will be THE PIECE that makes the defense go moving forward. He'll be Akiem Hicks, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox to the Titans