Honestly rate YOUR team's draft.

Suffering_Bills

6 - Daniel Jones QB / Duke -- F

Hate to give an F grade here but i have to. No 2 ways around it. Love the player, had a very strong feeling he'd be our selection at QB but not at #6. And Gettleman is an absolute lying snake if he wants to make the fans believe his bullsh-- about how he knew for a fact 2 teams were gonna take Jones if he was there. No Dave, u knew absolutlely nothing. Bold face lie. After Bruce Allen of the Redskins came out and said 'Gettleman has no clue what was on my board' and the Broncos being the other team rumored to be one of Gettleman's ' known facts'  (then they trade down from #10) .. ya he's full of shi.. Something he will be stuck with for the rest of his career as the GM of the Giants. Love the player hate the fact the better prospect / talent was sitting there in Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. 

17 - Dexter Lawrence NT / Clemson -- B

Cant argue with this pick being that we needed an anchor in the middle of Bettchers 3-4 defence. Lawrence i believe is a good talent. I was a little put off at first when we took him because i didnt think he offered much in the way of a pass rush but after seeing some more game film on him, he is without question the top NT in this draft and i can see him plugging the run for a long time on our squad. I give it a B because i believe at 17 he couldve been possibly paired with Josh Allen at 6. It would've been A++ had it been him and Allen and then the trade back into 1 for Dan Jones. 

30 - Deandre Baker CB / Georgia -- A+ (traded back into rd1)

All things considered our best pick. Baker was by far the best cover corner in this draft class and we needed a guy to lineup opposite JJ. Between Baker, Jenkins and hopefully Sam Beal living up to the hype the Gmens secondary has potential to be scary. 

95 - Oshane Ximenes LB / Old Dominion -- B- 

Much needed help at the LB position. Ximenes i don't know a whole lot about other than he was Old Dominion's first ever player drafted from that school. Saw his game film and hes got some pop from the LB / Edge position he played at. He's raw but has a ton of energy and nastiness which is something we've been lacking for a long time. Like the pick overall. At the position in round 3 we were in, good value. 

108 - Julian Love CB / Notre Dame -- A

This is one i called in my own mock draft and at this exact spot. I knew Love had a chance to slip in this draft and the fact we desparately needed good prospects to rebuild our horrid secondary this is without question ultra high value. This guy i think will be a starter as a slot CB for us and i can see him starting within the first few games of the upcoming season. Outstanding value meets top talent. 

143 - Ryan Connelly LB / Wisconsin -- D

Decent tackler and has ok cover skills. But below average at best i think at the next level. Mack Wilson out of Alabama was still available and i think a much better talent that we let get away to the Browns. Not happy with this pick. Maybe an ST guy at best. 

171 - Darius Slayton WR / Auburn -- C

Speed is all he offers. Not impressed with this pick but could be a guy we use in certain situations. Dont hate the pick but dont love it either. In round 5 its not easy to find gems. 

180 - Corey Ballentine CB / Washburn -- D

Didn't understand this pick. 2 CBs already added and then we look into a Division 2 school for a guy seemingly nobody has heard of ?? Don't know enough about him to gauge his ability and the fact we are now overloaded at corner didnt make a bit of sense to me. This signals to me somebody may be getting switched from corner to safety to bolster that spot on our defence. Did not like this pick because of the position not being necessary. 

232 - George Asafo-Adjei OT / Kentucky -- F

Drafted to be a developmental OT for our right side. We brought in Mike Remmers while this guy has a chance to develop. I get the idea and the thought process. But u name me a 7th rd OT that developed into anything special or lasted more than 2 seasons in the league. Practice squad waiting to happen here if hes lucky. 

245 - Chris Slayton DT / Syracuse -- F

7th rd DTs dont make teams. Bye Felicia. 

Excluding the 7th rounders i wanna give our draft a C+. We easily could've gotten Allen, Lawrence and done the trade back for Jones in Rd1 since he was our guy. Didn't like the fact we had a chance Mack Wilson or even David Edwards in the later rounds and let them both get away. But i cannot argue with 2 excellent CBs who will more than likely be starters. A monster of a human being in Lawrence to be our anchor in the middle and the fact we've hopefully found Eli's successor. Failing to address the OT position until rd 7 is pitiful. U dont win alot of football games without stout lines. Im ok with signing Mike Remmers but we all know he's not a long term answer. Well see. 

I don't understand grading late picks so poorly.  You can't expect much from a seventh rounder, usually, so even if your team grabs someone who's one dimensional in the late rounds and might turn into something, that's a pretty good get for that late.  Ideally, they spend late picks on special teams guys, or positions of low value that you can find contributors in, but is squandering a late pick really that big a deal?

Anyway, I gave the Titans draft an A- on another thread.  Still think that's accurate.

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't understand grading late picks so poorly.  You can't expect much from a seventh rounder, usually, so even if your team grabs someone who's one dimensional in the late rounds and might turn into something, that's a pretty good get for that late.  Ideally, they spend late picks on special teams guys, or positions of low value that you can find contributors in, but is squandering a late pick really that big a deal?

Anyway, I gave the Titans draft an A- on another thread.  Still think that's accurate.

The state of my team was so poor we had to make every pick count. To answer your question yes squandered is about right on some i saw there. Ballentine, Adjei and Slayton i dont see even making this team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

The state of my team was so poor we had to make every pick count. To answer your question yes squandered is about right on some i saw there. Ballentine, Adjei and Slayton i dont see even making this team. 

Most seventh rounders won't.  Slayton gives crazy speed, worth investing in; Ballentine was a small school prospect who a lot of people really liked, and was often mocked higher; as for Adjei, late rounder developmental tackles can often become decent backups in the future.  Seems like they made the right decisions with those to me.  Hard to see how they could have done that much better that late in the draft.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

6 - Daniel Jones QB / Duke -- F

Hate to give an F grade here but i have to. No 2 ways around it. Love the player, had a very strong feeling he'd be our selection at QB but not at #6. And Gettleman is an absolute lying snake if he wants to make the fans believe his bullsh-- about how he knew for a fact 2 teams were gonna take Jones if he was there. No Dave, u knew absolutlely nothing. Bold face lie. After Bruce Allen of the Redskins came out and said 'Gettleman has no clue what was on my board' and the Broncos being the other team rumored to be one of Gettleman's ' known facts'  (then they trade down from #10) .. ya he's full of shi.. Something he will be stuck with for the rest of his career as the GM of the Giants. Love the player hate the fact the better prospect / talent was sitting there in Ed Oliver or Josh Allen. 

17 - Dexter Lawrence NT / Clemson -- B

Cant argue with this pick being that we needed an anchor in the middle of Bettchers 3-4 defence. Lawrence i believe is a good talent. I was a little put off at first when we took him because i didnt think he offered much in the way of a pass rush but after seeing some more game film on him, he is without question the top NT in this draft and i can see him plugging the run for a long time on our squad. I give it a B because i believe at 17 he couldve been possibly paired with Josh Allen at 6. It would've been A++ had it been him and Allen and then the trade back into 1 for Dan Jones. 

30 - Deandre Baker CB / Georgia -- A+ (traded back into rd1)

All things considered our best pick. Baker was by far the best cover corner in this draft class and we needed a guy to lineup opposite JJ. Between Baker, Jenkins and hopefully Sam Beal living up to the hype the Gmens secondary has potential to be scary. 

95 - Oshane Ximenes LB / Old Dominion -- B- 

Much needed help at the LB position. Ximenes i don't know a whole lot about other than he was Old Dominion's first ever player drafted from that school. Saw his game film and hes got some pop from the LB / Edge position he played at. He's raw but has a ton of energy and nastiness which is something we've been lacking for a long time. Like the pick overall. At the position in round 3 we were in, good value. 

108 - Julian Love CB / Notre Dame -- A

This is one i called in my own mock draft and at this exact spot. I knew Love had a chance to slip in this draft and the fact we desparately needed good prospects to rebuild our horrid secondary this is without question ultra high value. This guy i think will be a starter as a slot CB for us and i can see him starting within the first few games of the upcoming season. Outstanding value meets top talent. 

143 - Ryan Connelly LB / Wisconsin -- D

Decent tackler and has ok cover skills. But below average at best i think at the next level. Mack Wilson out of Alabama was still available and i think a much better talent that we let get away to the Browns. Not happy with this pick. Maybe an ST guy at best. 

171 - Darius Slayton WR / Auburn -- C

Speed is all he offers. Not impressed with this pick but could be a guy we use in certain situations. Dont hate the pick but dont love it either. In round 5 its not easy to find gems. 

180 - Corey Ballentine CB / Washburn -- D

Didn't understand this pick. 2 CBs already added and then we look into a Division 2 school for a guy seemingly nobody has heard of ?? Don't know enough about him to gauge his ability and the fact we are now overloaded at corner didnt make a bit of sense to me. This signals to me somebody may be getting switched from corner to safety to bolster that spot on our defence. Did not like this pick because of the position not being necessary. 

232 - George Asafo-Adjei OT / Kentucky -- F

Drafted to be a developmental OT for our right side. We brought in Mike Remmers while this guy has a chance to develop. I get the idea and the thought process. But u name me a 7th rd OT that developed into anything special or lasted more than 2 seasons in the league. Practice squad waiting to happen here if hes lucky. 

245 - Chris Slayton DT / Syracuse -- F

7th rd DTs dont make teams. Bye Felicia. 

Excluding the 7th rounders i wanna give our draft a C+. We easily could've gotten Allen, Lawrence and done the trade back for Jones in Rd1 since he was our guy. Didn't like the fact we had a chance Mack Wilson or even David Edwards in the later rounds and let them both get away. But i cannot argue with 2 excellent CBs who will more than likely be starters. A monster of a human being in Lawrence to be our anchor in the middle and the fact we've hopefully found Eli's successor. Failing to address the OT position until rd 7 is pitiful. U dont win alot of football games without stout lines. Im ok with signing Mike Remmers but we all know he's not a long term answer. Well see. 

Ryan Connelly is a much better pick than you think while Slayton is much worse. Connelly is surprisingly quick and great at sniffing out plays. I think he is instantly a great ST with the potential to be a very good backup ILB-average starting ILB, which is a good pick in the 4th. Slayton can't catch a cold; classic projection pick in that you hope he can fix that issue and pair it with his physical skills. The 7th round guys weren't bad picks either. Slayton was a multiple year starter at Syracuse and had motor/motivation issues. Seems like a guy that a scout or two is betting on. He'll get stashed on the practice squad with the potential to be rotational piece. Big George, to me, is a project that has starting guard potential. It all depends on how well he takes to coaching, but I know of some people who were actually high on him. Watch him in the Miss St game. He throws Montez Sweat to the ground on a few snaps. Yeah he loses a few snaps, but that's why he went in the 7th. He's got potential.

I do agree though that Deandre Baker was our best pick overall while Julian Love was our best value selection. Between Baker, Love, and Beal, I think we've got a really solid CB group for a while.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Most seventh rounders won't.  Slayton gives crazy speed, worth investing in; Ballentine was a small school prospect who a lot of people really liked, and was often mocked higher; as for Adjei, late rounder developmental tackles can often become decent backups in the future.  Seems like they made the right decisions with those to me.  Hard to see how they could have done that much better that late in the draft.

Count me as a guy who really likes Ballentine. Crazy athletic, limited football experience, but good production at a small school. He offers an intriguing skillset in that he is remarkably good at blocking field goals coming off the edge. It's rare to see someone do that at all, and I believe he did it multiple times in college. I think he also may make the switch to FS, which I think he could be successful playing. It's easier to rewire a young player's brain to play a different position when they haven't been playing for very long.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Count me as a guy who really likes Ballentine. Crazy athletic, limited football experience, but good production at a small school. He offers an intriguing skillset in that he is remarkably good at blocking field goals coming off the edge. It's rare to see someone do that at all, and I believe he did it multiple times in college. I think he also may make the switch to FS, which I think he could be successful playing. It's easier to rewire a young player's brain to play a different position when they haven't been playing for very long.

I didn't see any tape on him since he played at a small school.  I wasn't super impressed with his combine drills, but that was all I really had to go on.  Still, lots of people in the scouting community seemed to like him, so I figure there's probably something there.

Or at least there was before he got shot.

C+ for the Cowboys.

That's the lowest grade I can give it because the Cowboys have turned into one of the best drafting teams in the NFL h/e I can't give it any higher cause multiple times I saw them pass on the BPA to go after what seem to be a need position.

1. DT Wilkins

2. TRADE Rosen (and get a 2nd rounder in 2020 from NO)

3. OG Deiter

5. LB Van Ginkle

6. OT Prince

7. FB Cox

7. RB Gaskin

I'm on the fence about Rosen, but I think Miami played it perfectly, trading back to the end of the 2nd the using that pick to get Rosen. No complaints about that.

Wilkins seemed to be BPA. I'm happy with Deiter, Van Ginkle, and Prince.

My main complaint is using the 7th round picks for a UDFA FB and a RB3 when there seemed to be better players on the board.

B+

On 5/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, Daniel said:

I didn't see any tape on him since he played at a small school.  I wasn't super impressed with his combine drills, but that was all I really had to go on.  Still, lots of people in the scouting community seemed to like him, so I figure there's probably something there.

Or at least there was before he got shot.

Eh, he got shot in the ***. As far as getting shot goes, that's probably the best place.

I'd give the Vikings a B.  They addressed needs in the 1st 4 rounds.  However, idk if any of their picks have elite potential outside of maybe Bradbury.  Bradbury will start and potentially be really good down the road.  Irv Smith Jr. Will be a move type TE and contribute early.  Mattison will probably contribute about 25% of carries and possibly used more in short yardage and goal line.  Samia may start by the bed of his 2nd year.

After that, idk much about Smith.   Watts may be PS material for this year.  Bisi Johnson and Dillon Mitchell will have to scrap for a spot unless they trade or dump Treadwell. Boys may have to move to S or be on PS for a year to see if he can move up to the top 5 CB if they move on from Alexander, Wayne's, or Hill

On 5/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, Zithers2 said:

Brian Burns - Incredible pick. We really needed a pass rusher. Hurney always nails his first rounders and this guy somehow fell to us. Should be a major franchise cornerstone for the next decade.

Greg Little - Terrible pick. Hurney is a nightmare in the 2nd round. Look up his history in it. We tried trading up for this guy as early as the 21st pick to try and snipe the Texans. Then the Texans, a team desperate for OL help, opted for some guy from Alabama State. Then we traded up for him anyway in the 2nd. I just don't trust Hurney's judgement here. He's never drafted a good player in the 2nd round. Gave up pick 77 to get to this spot too. The Bills, who picked directly after us, traded up by only giving up their 158th pick. Embarrassing. Fun fact: the Bills are run by Brandon Beane, who was Gettleman's protege and could have been our GM instead of this idiot. Thanks a lot, Jerry Richardson, you racist sexist piece of garbage. I hope you rot. Firing Gettleman without a replacement was the dumbest move in our franchise's history.

Will Grier - We drafted a guy who hopefully never plays. Awesome. Hurney said "teams had a first round grade on him" and yet nobody took him until we did at pick 100.

Christian Miller - Another day three tweener from Hurney. Members of this group also include Hilee Taylor, Eric Norwood, and Marquis Haynes. They have a combined two sacks over five seasons of play. Reeks of a "name player" slipping which Hurney always liked (Greg Hardy, Duke Robinson, Dan Connor, Dwayne Jarrett, Jimmy Clausen, etc).

Jordan Scarlett - A RB who can't catch and was busted for credit card fraud AND weed possession (less of an issue for me personally but the NFL will get mad about it). Dope. Just what we need considering our horrific RB depth behind CMC.

Dennis Daley - Some random OL who will only make the team on account of how trash our OL depth is. Played LT a lot though and has decent tape against Clelin Ferrell, so there's that I guess.

Terry Godwin - Tiny slot receiver who might be able to do some returning. Shrug.

So sick of this moron running the team.

LOL.... I haven’t been on here since the draft and was reading this and had to stop and wonder when I made this post. It’s almost word for word what I think about the entire draft. 

Only pick I liked besides Burns was Godwin late. He’s tough. But that’s because if he even makes the team he’s worth it(especially if it means cutting Torrey) 

Evidently we are in the minority though, most fans think we did great? Most have never seen Greg Little play. But even on here many thought we did well. There is an air of desperation among Panthers fans, to justify having a GM that no other team in the NFL would even contact for a job. Has 3 winning seasons in 12 tries. And is 20-30 with the current. Sandwiched between was a (same)coach/GM combo who went 51-28-1 with 4 playoff appearances. 

For the chiefs I’d say it’s a C if we’re not including Frank Clark. If we are that bumps up to a b+.

favourite pick: Juan thornhill. Hm to khalen

least favourite: Mecole Hardman, seemed like a desperation pick due to Hill but I wouldn’t write anyone off with mahommes