• Randall Cobb, Cowboys
    • DeSean Jackson, Eagles
    • Nelson Agholor, Eagles
    • Alshon Jeffery, Eagles
    • JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Eagles
    • Paul Richardson, Redskins
    • Terry McLaurin, Redskins
    • Josh Doctson, Redskins

Who is the best WR for the 2019 season in the NFC East?

Most points will be the starter - second most will be the Back-Up. (Hopefully there are no ties, but in the event I feel - or enough posters would like an amendment or a run-off we will decide how to proceed then.

Please refer to the master-thread here:

Cowboys: @DaBoys / @Nextyearfordaboyz / @The_Slamman / @Matts4313 / @canadaluvsdallas

Eagles: @Jroc04 / @Danger / @TheRealMcCoy / @Kiltman / @ninjapirate

Redskins: @MKnight82 / @Slappy Mc / @Woz / @Thaiphoon / @turtle28

Giants: @Acgott / @Shockey1979 / @GMENNATION / @Giants4eva / @Kodaraw

1. Amari Cooper
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. DeSean Jackson
4. Sterling Sheppard
5. Golden Tate

After that it's sort of a mixed bag. Would have tacked Nelson on at the end there but he took a step back this past season. Michael Gallup could potentially play a bigger role this year.

47 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Much like TE was a blowout - I expect this also to be a blowout. The real question will be who is number 2. Might be able to move on to the second spot later today in a separate thread if the votes go like I expect it to go.

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is one we should have had easily...

The answer is Cooper. IMO, then Tate, then Jeffery, although I've always been lower on Jeffery than others. Then Shepard, Jackson, Cobb, Agholor, then a bunch of JAGs.

As someone who had both Tate and Alshon on their team last year, #2 behind Cooper is easily Jeffery. 

Jeffery doesn't put up huge numbers because of the number of mouths Carson has to feed, but his impact on the team and all of the other opportunities he creates for the other receivers is huge. He's one of those receivers who impacts the game and how defenses play just simply by being on the field. 

The gap between Cooper and Alshon is smaller than the gap between Alshon and the 3rd best receiver in the division.

Edited by Danger

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

As someone who had both Tate and Alshon on their team last year, #2 behind Cooper is easily Jeffery. 

Jeffery doesn't put up huge numbers because of the number of mouths Carson has to feed, but his impact on the team and all of the other opportunities he creates for the other receivers is huge. He's one of those receivers who impacts the game and how defenses play just simply by being on the field. 

The gap between Cooper and Alshon is smaller than the gap between Alshon and the 3rd best receiver in the division.

Nah, I don't buy this for a second. Other mouths? There is one other mouth and it is Ertz. Jeffery generates nothing after the catch and doesn't demand a double team. He's great in the red zone, he's very strong at the point of the catch, but he is not a game changing receiver. He definitely doesn't dictate the defense just by being on the field; even Cooper doesn't do that. Give me the guy who offers way more after the catch all day.

Plus, we both know Tate did not get a fair shake with the Eagles last year.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Nah, I don't buy this for a second. Other mouths? There is one other mouth and it is Ertz. Jeffery generates nothing after the catch and doesn't demand a double team. He's great in the red zone, he's very strong at the point of the catch, but he is not a game changing receiver. He definitely doesn't dictate the defense just by being on the field; even Cooper doesn't do that. Give me the guy who offers way more after the catch all day.

Plus, we both know Tate did not get a fair shake with the Eagles last year.

Jeffery still makes catches that Tate could never dream of making. Tate can't make a contested catch whatsoever, so overrated it's not even funny. He and Sterling Sheppard won't work together well at all. One of them is gonna be SOL.

Am I missing something here?  Amari Cooper in his "rebound" year last year had 725 receiving yards and 6 TDs.  He has two 1,000+ receiving yards in the NFL.  

Meanwhile Desean Jackson in a "down year" had 774 receiving yards and 4 TDs.  He has five 1,000+ receiving yards in the NFL.  

Jackson also has the better QB throwing him the ball.  The answer here is Desean Jackson not Amari Cooper.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Am I missing something here?  Amari Cooper in his "rebound" year last year had 725 receiving yards and 6 TDs.  He has two 1,000+ receiving yards in the NFL.  

Meanwhile Desean Jackson in a "down year" had 774 receiving yards and 4 TDs.  He has five 1,000+ receiving yards in the NFL.  

Jackson also has the better QB throwing him the ball.  The answer here is Desean Jackson not Amari Cooper.  

Well you're missing 6 more games from Cooper. Those 725 yards and 6 TDs were in 9 games with Dallas. If you count the 6 Oakland games, he totaled 75/1005/7. This gives him three 1,000+ yards receiving in just four seasons. So that's what you were missing

5 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Well you're missing 6 more games from Cooper. Those 725 yards and 6 TDs were in 9 games with Dallas. If you count the 6 Oakland games, he totaled 75/1005/7. This gives him three 1,000+ yards receiving in just four seasons. So that's what you were missing

Ah.  Got it.