1. Belichik

(Not in order)
Pederson
McVay
Reid
Payton
Carroll

That's 5 more coaches I don't even have to think twice taking before Arians

There are a another 5-6 that I would very much still consider but it might take me some more time. 

He's no better than the 7th best coach if you high ball him.

I'm still probably taking the following over him:
Tomlin
Frank Reich
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer

Matt Nagy is a wait and see.

I take Arians over anyone not named belichick 

5 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

He had Carson Palmer looking like an MVP candidate in 2015. He's absolutely a top 5 coach and he'll show you why when Jameis Winston has the best season of his career 

For one singular season Carson Palmer looked good under Arians, which can be attributed to a career year anomaly, Or should we ignore the other 4 where he looked mediocre at best?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

For one singular season Carson Palmer looked good under Arians, which can be attributed to a career year anomaly, Or should we ignore the other 4 where he looked mediocre at best?

He had taken too much punishment afterwards and he gave it his all during that spectacular season. After that season, he had nothing left in the tank. Arians would probably still be coaching Arizona had they landed Mahomes or Watson 

Just now, brushmyhair said:

He had taken too much punishment afterwards and he gave it his all during that spectacular season. After that season, he had nothing left in the tank. Arians would probably still be coaching Arizona had they landed Mahomes or Watson 

OK so why didn't Carson play well in his first season under Arians? Dude led the league in Interceptions lmao. 

And no crap he'd still be coaching if he had Mahomes or Watson, Mahomes was MVP this past season without Arians and Watson is arguably a top 10 QB after his first full season. But there's a very likely chance they're not as good if Arians if their coach and he actually limits them. Andy Reid is better at QB coaching than Arians. Or are we just going to ignore that the QB's aside from Carson Palmer who was a well established veteran under Arians, Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert put up historically bad numbers under Arians? Surely if he's half as good as you make him out to be he'd be able to get them to put up at least close to average numbers. 

Andrew Luck didn't have an impressive Rookie season under Arians, so really the only thing you're basing Arians as being the 2nd best head coach in the NFL, over multiple coaches with Super Bowls rings, is that Carson Palmer had a career year in 2015? Lol k

On 5/5/2019 at 1:08 PM, 3rivers said:

the east should be more legit, but in two many years in the past it has been pathetic. Almost a blemish on the pats resume if you think of it. 

I don’t care enough to look but I’d like to think not to many teams have a great winning percentage against NE over the past 20 years.  Instead of looking at the Bills, Jets and Dolphins like lower class competition, you should be thankful your team (whoever) doesn’t have to play them twice a year, year in and year out. 

11 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I don’t care enough to look but I’d like to think not to many teams have a great winning percentage against NE over the past 20 years.  Instead of looking at the Bills, Jets and Dolphins like lower class competition, you should be thankful your team (whoever) doesn’t have to play them twice a year, year in and year out. 

Pats are always one of the top teams, agree. I just don't see them losing in their division as often as I would expect from a league that claims parody . 

17 hours ago, Danger said:

1. Belichik

(Not in order)
Pederson
McVay
Reid
Payton
Carroll

That's 5 more coaches I don't even have to think twice taking before Arians

There are a another 5-6 that I would very much still consider but it might take me some more time. 

He's no better than the 7th best coach if you high ball him.

I'm still probably taking the following over him:
Tomlin
Frank Reich
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer

Matt Nagy is a wait and see.

Solid list though I’d put Reich higher lol.

Edited by Blackstar12

5 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Solid list though I’d put Reich higher lol.

He's coached a single season, slow your roll friend. I have no doubt you'd put Reich higher given that you have a Colts player for your avatar. I honestly felt perhaps I was being generous by putting him this high so soon. 

Frank Reich is one of my all time favorite random athletes. He's the BUFFALO MIRACLE MAN for crying out loud!!!!! I wish him nothing but the best as a coach. I was so excited to see him finally get that Super Bowl ring in Philly.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

He's coached a single season, slow your roll friend. I have no doubt you'd put Reich higher given that you have a Colts player for your avatar. I honestly felt perhaps I was being generous by putting him this high so soon. 

True but I have no reason to think he’ll regress from last season. Just think he’s only going to get better as he gains more experience.

Edited by Blackstar12

On 5/5/2019 at 1:45 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I reckon so :D. BUF and NYJ expected to be at least .500 teams this year, I guess - both with solid drafts and some talent, plus actual QBs now. I think Miami may surprise people.

Ultimately though, another stroll for NE...apart from Miami away of course, which is kryptonite. 

This is all it takes for 500? 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, SBLIII said:

Trubisky is better than Bortles 2017. Considering it was his 2nd season he is more likely to improve. That said I don't know why people would be surprised if Chicago regresses to a 8-8 record.

Seriously. Historic defense. Uninspiring qb play. Tough schedule. Turnover at coordinator/in the secondary.

Where have we seen that before? (cough cough denver)