2019 NFL season predictions

SBLIII

3 hours ago, game3525 said:

Disagree.

By this theory, New England is the only good team in the league since they are the only team that seems to consistently do well in one score games. 

No, New England is the only consistently good team.

The Eagles were good in 2017, beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, found ways to win basically all the one score games besides against the Chiefs.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

No, New England is the only consistently good team.

The Eagles were good in 2017, beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, found ways to win basically all the one score games besides against the Chiefs.

I think he means from year to year. Not in any one single season.

Eagles went 9-7 in 2018 and went 6-6 in one score games. (7-7 if you count the postseason)

That's pretty much exactly what you would expect.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, game3525 said:

This is false.

The Chargers have been one of the most consistent teams the last two years. In 2017, their expected wins/loss record was 10.4. In 2018, their expected wins/loss record was 10.4. The only major difference between 2017 and 2018 was their record in one score games, which generally comes down to luck. They were very unlucky in that category in 2017 and they were very lucky in that category in 2018. They will likely regress a bit to the mean, but should still win around 10-11 games. 

I would argue that the 2018 Chargers were still a bit better because they had a tougher schedule than the 2017 team.

The 2019 schedule is projected to be tougher (Although you can't really say for sure at this point), but I think the team in general will be slightly better. (Better and deeper at LB, we have someone who is actually a natural FS, we have someone who we think is a reliable kicker going into the year in Badgley, Hunter Henry is back, etc)

I think 10-11 wins is about the mean for this team. The floor is about 8-9 (Assuming Rivers players every game) and the ceiling is 13 maybe? (That would take either winning a lot of close games again and/or some unexpected breakout years from guys like Feeney/Lamp/Nwosu/Jones or rookies like Tillery/Adderly being studs right away)

Edited by Bolts223

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I would argue that the 2018 Chargers were still a bit better because they had a tougher schedule than the 2017 team.

The 2019 schedule is projected to be tougher (Although you can't really say for sure at this point), but I think the team in general will be slightly better. (Better and deeper at LB, we have someone who is actually a natural FS, we have someone who we think is a reliable kicker going into the year in Badgley, Hunter Henry is back, etc)

I think 10-11 wins is about the mean for this team. The floor is about 8-9 (Assuming Rivers players every game) and the ceiling is 13 maybe? (That would take either winning a lot of close games again and/or some unexpected breakout years from guys like Feeney/Lamp/Nwosu/Jones or rookies like Tillery/Adderly being studs right away)

True.

The 2018 team was much better on offense then 2017 team. However, the defense was slightly worse. I actually think the 2019 team will be better then the 2018 team even if the record doesn't show it. Our defense quietly regressed in terms of forcing turnovers last season and I expect to see that go up this season, which may give us more scoring opportunities. 

2 hours ago, game3525 said:

True.

The 2018 team was much better on offense then 2017 team. However, the defense was slightly worse. I actually think the 2019 team will be better then the 2018 team even if the record doesn't show it. Our defense quietly regressed in terms of forcing turnovers last season and I expect to see that go up this season, which may give us more scoring opportunities. 

That's true.

Even if we win 10-11 games we still may end up with better seeding than the 2018 team did, which is really what matters more so than the record itself. If KC regresses 10 wins could win the division, 11 could mean a first round bye.

The 2017 defense also got to face some pretty bad offenses. The Bills with Peterman, the Cowboys without Zeke were a dumpsterfire for awhile, the Browns/Jets/Giants/Broncos were really bad offensively that year. As were the Raiders, but they were probably just as bad if not worse in 2018 on offense.

Edited by Bolts223

Saints over Chargers

1. Browns 

2. Colts

3. Patriots 

4. Chargers 

5. Texans

6. Chiefs

Patriots over Chiefs

Chargers over Texans 

Colts over Patriots 

Chargers over Browns 

Chargers over Colts

1. Saints

2. Packers

3. Seahawks 

4. Redskins 

5. Bears

6. Eagles 

Seahawks over Eagles 

Bears over Redskins 

Saints over Bears 

Packers over Seahawks 

Saints over Packers 

MVP Aaron Rodgers

OPOY: Aaron Rodgers

DPOY: Joey Bosa

OROY: Dwayne Haskins

DROY: Devin White

Comeback Player Of The Year: Jameis Winston

Coach Of The Year: Bruce Arians

Edited by brushmyhair

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Saints over Chargers

MVP Aaron Rodgers

OPOY: Aaron Rodgers

DPOY: Joey Bosa

OROY: Dwayne Haskins

DROY: Devin White

Comeback Player Of The Year: Jameis Winston

Coach Of The Year: Bruce Arians

I like the faith in the Bucs can't see it myself though

3 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Can't see the image, but who else u have in mind?

1. Belichik

(Not in order)
Pederson
McVay
Reid
Payton
Carroll

That's 5 more coaches I don't even have to think twice taking before Arians

There are a another 5-6 that I would very much still consider but it might take me some more time. 

He's no better than the 7th best coach if you high ball him.

I'm still probably taking the following over him:
Tomlin
Frank Reich
Anthony Lynn
Mike Zimmer

Matt Nagy is a wait and see.

Edited by Danger