OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm so hyped

I'm just so excited that on any given play, one of Kittle, Juice, Pettis, Samuel, McKinnon, Breida, Coleman, Hurd, Goodwin, etc., just has to be open. If that thought isn't scaring the rest of the league already...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I'm just so excited that on any given play, one of Kittle, Juice, Pettis, Samuel, McKinnon, Breida, Coleman, Hurd, Goodwin, etc., just has to be open. If that thought isn't scaring the rest of the league already...

It's even scarier when you realize the defense might see Kittle, Juice, McKinnon, Pettis, and Samuel all in the huddle and have absolutely zero clue if they are going to face an I formation run or if we're going to go 5 wide and find the mismatch of a linebacker covering someone he shouldn't. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

The flip side to that coin is that on any given play any of those guys is likely to get hurt with a couple of exceptions 😂😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

:x  What pretty routes!  Most of you probably recall I was really big on AJ Brown and JJ A-W, but this guy looks absolutely amazing. Go read what Crocker posted about him on fourthandnine if you haven't already. 

Now if he would just sign the damn contract...you too, Bosa! o.O

Bosa is definitely going to hold out. Everyone should already expect this. His brother did and were are notorious for the language we use in contracts for acheiving bonuses and incentives that really makes us battle it out with agents. It is what it is...

Speaking of Hurd, he will be cleared for TC right? Was held out of minicamp for precautionary reasons? 

As for Bosa holding out? Yep, that's probably likely. Will be back at some point, but good chance he misses the start of camp. Just hope Samuel doesn't miss the start of camp either. 

While there is a precedent set for Bosa holding out, let's temper that with what the Chargers were attempting: language that eliminated guaranteed money....which wasn't in any other 1st rounder's contract.

So, yes, it is possible and probable, but I doubt we attempt what the Chargers did, which was really uncool.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Speaking of Hurd, he will be cleared for TC right? Was held out of minicamp for precautionary reasons? 

As for Bosa holding out? Yep, that's probably likely. Will be back at some point, but good chance he misses the start of camp. Just hope Samuel doesn't miss the start of camp either. 

The problem is, with Bosa holding out, I would almost guarantee an injury afterward lol. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is, with Bosa holding out, I would almost guarantee an injury afterward lol. 

I actually think him not being on the field helps delay the inevitable lol. May have gotten hurt in TC like he did during the rookie camp.

I just don't want Samuel missing any time. Granted, that hardly ever happens with 2nd round picks, but he does have the same agent as Bosa so who knows. 

23 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

While there is a precedent set for Bosa holding out, let's temper that with what the Chargers were attempting: language that eliminated guaranteed money....which wasn't in any other 1st rounder's contract.

So, yes, it is possible and probable, but I doubt we attempt what the Chargers did, which was really uncool.

If anything, our FO tends to guarantee a ton of money pretty frequently. I say Bosa will surprise everyone and sign right before the first practice of TC. It would be a nice way of vindicating his brother. Holding out wouldn't be a Bosa thing, it would be a Chargers thing. And with how Melvin Gordon is talking right now, it truly seems to be a Chargers thing rather than a Bosa thing. 

• Like 1