OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Consider Robert Klemko a big believer of the team:

Our NFL preview content is just around the corner, but I can tell you right now I’m picking a Colts-49ers Super Bowl. Niners coach Kyle Shanahan and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck are about to remind everyone why they were the toast of the NFL just a few years ago. Put it on the board. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/15/nfl-head-coach-diversity-brian-levy-harold-goodwin-frank-reich-matt-nagy-kyler-murray

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This sounds like the most fun SB of the past 10 years...yes, I am biased as a 9ers fan and as a Luck fan as well.  Still, so want to see this.

• Like 1

idk if you guys caught it, but Ben Albright absolutely ripped Grant Cohn a new ******* on twitter. Like..Grant straight up got his fields salted, town pillaged and women stolen..by Ben Albright of all people. 

It was funny seeing another prominent reporter say what everyone else thinks. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, John232 said:

idk if you guys caught it, but Ben Albright absolutely ripped Grant Cohn a new ******* on twitter. Like..Grant straight up got his fields salted, town pillaged and women stolen..by Ben Albright of all people. 

It was funny seeing another prominent reporter say what everyone else thinks. 

I'm not on Twitter but I tried to find it. Please post

Grant Cohn is a clown 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hopefully this is more because Bosa wasn't able to participate much?

I don't know, I mean he was getting 2nd team reps at DE and Day was playing the interior next to Buckner. 

Could be a lost cause at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know, I mean he was getting 2nd team reps at DE and Day was playing the interior next to Buckner. 

Could be a lost cause at this point. 

I would expect, with nothing to really support this but my own opinion, that at best, he's still on the edge about 60% of the time still

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would expect, with nothing to really support this but my own opinion, that at best, he's still on the edge about 60% of the time still

LIS, lost cause at this point.

If that is the direction they want to go in? Then fine, just get rid of him next year and let him find a job elsewhere on a team that may use him on the interior for majority of the snaps. 

So a bunch of top 100 players lists are being released right now and it's kind of disappointing how little recognition Buckner is getting. He to me is definitely a top 100 player. Hopefully after this season it will be a no-brainier choice to include him in these lists.

In other news, PFF ranked the run defenses from 1-32. Guess where we ranked at? Dead last LOL! Certainly some big question marks there. But honestly, don't care if we are bad at stopping the run as long as our pass rush and pass defense is much improved. Though if we STILL can't create turnovers and our run defense is terrible? That will be a problem. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:37 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anything you can do.............

Maybe ill be able to see it better once he has pads on, but Pettis doesn't look much bigger than he did last year, which is what we have been hearing for the last few weeks.