Jump to content
mw2noobbuster

OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

We seriously just need to print this out, copy it, and tape it to every defensive player's locker for the entirety of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Forge said:

We seriously just need to print this out, copy it, and tape it to every defensive player's locker for the entirety of the season. 

Or maybe tape it to Saleh's office? Maybe playing all those soft zones without a good pass rush a recipe for disaster? It wasn't only until late in the season he started to adjust and had his DBs playing more physical at the LOS on 3rd downs. It would be 3rd and 4 and he would have the DBs playing 7 yards back. Why? Being able to put pressure without having to blitz will obviously do wonders for the defense. What an embarrassing stat though SMH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Or maybe tape it to Saleh's office? Maybe playing all those soft zones without a good pass rush a recipe for disaster? It wasn't only until late in the season he started to adjust and had his DBs playing more physical at the LOS on 3rd downs. It would be 3rd and 4 and he would have the DBs playing 7 yards back. Why? Being able to put pressure without having to blitz will obviously do wonders for the defense. What an embarrassing stat though SMH.

Tape it to his big, shiny forehead.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So OTA's begin today with the vets being able to practice. Hoping for a injury free offseason, and hoping a few of the youngsters take the next step. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So OTA's begin today with the vets being able to practice. Hoping for a injury free offseason, and hoping a few of the youngsters take the next step. 

Can't wait for the Jimmy Ward injury report. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Ruben Foster injured his leg for the skins

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ No doubt that he is done for the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

^^ No doubt that he is done for the season. 

Probably just a stinger knowing Rueben.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Probably just a stinger knowing Rueben.

Reports were that he was crying. He knows that he's done this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL at this guy right here. "Because he's a bum" huh? Interesting choice of words by a beat writer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, he lasted two practice snaps with the Redskins before his first injury? Good for him, I'm glad he's becoming more of an ironman for them.

That said, bets on which player goes down for us? Verrett? Ward? Breida? They the favorites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Wow, he lasted two practice snaps with the Redskins before his first injury? Good for him, I'm glad he's becoming more of an ironman for them.

That said, bets on which player goes down for us? Verrett? Ward? Breida? They the favorites?

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maiocco highlighted the CB competition as something to watch. Sounds like Akhello vs. Tarvarius in OTA's with the winner getting to compete against Verrett in training camp. pretty logical competition. 

I hope theres some competition for the NCB too with DJ Reed getting some looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forge said:

Reports were that he was crying. He knows that he's done this year. 

I was just making reference to the fact that he was down seemingly every other play for us and it always seemed to turn out to be a stinger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL at this guy right here. "Because he's a bum" huh? Interesting choice of words by a beat writer. 

First time ever, but I think I agree with Cohn here... the guy couldn't get his life together, even with all the help that was available to him. If my livelihood depended on not owning a gun and getting rid of a crazy girlfriend, I'd shape the hell up and the term "bum" wouldn't be applicable to me. 

Sucks for Reuben, but it was hard to really believe wholeheartedly in his fresh start. Even with a fresh attitude (which I have no idea if he has or not), he couldn't get a fresh body. Injury Report forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×