OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

49 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Tarvarius Moore dominating is a godsend. But as much as he’s exciting i probably would hold off before crowning him. 

Also id hold off before burying Pettis. Monday is when I’ll start freaking out about guys underperforming 

He was my selection for week one disappointment on the podcast. I say this not because I'm worried, but because I have to keep throwing the podcast out there 😆😆

22 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Jimmy G was 7 for 7 today.

At one point, but he didn't finish 7-7.

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Warner forced a fumble and Buckner is Buckner....Wonder what Goodwin did? But he's always had good chemistry with Jimmy G dating back to 2017. And then last year in camp he was dominating all our corners. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Last place we need injuries is the O-Line. Talent nor depth there is great outside of Joe & Mike. O-Line and secondary needs to be a major point of empahsis in 2020. 

Especially a problem with Richburg already out as we only have one legitimate depth piece (Garland) since Garnett is either still injured or will have been injured by the end of Monday, just depending on his current status.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Tarvarius Moore dominating is a godsend. But as much as he’s exciting i probably would hold off before crowning him. 

Also id hold off before burying Pettis. Monday is when I’ll start freaking out about guys underperforming 

You are right - it's exciting but it's very early. We're not even playing games or against opponents scheming for him. But that said, Tarvarius Moore becoming the FS we need would truly be one of the top best-case scenarios for this franchise. 

Top 3?

1) Garoppolo plays 16 games.

2) Nick Bosa plays 16 games. 

3) Tarvarius Moore becomes the long-term starter at the FS position. 

I don't know that I could come up with a better three because of what each individually would mean on its own. 

1) I'm a big believer that Jimmy Garoppolo will be a top 10 quarterback...if he plays 16 games. If he plays 16 games, that probably means that the line held up to some degree, that enough WRs & Kittle produced at high levels, and that Kyle Shanahan ran an awesome offense. 

2) I'm a big believer that Nick Bosa will be an excellent pass rusher, and that he can produce more sacks than most think...if he plays 16 games. This defense will be really good if we can get a pass rush from the edge. They could be an absolute nightmare for opponents.

3) If Tarvarius Moore can continue this recent hot streak, create turnovers on the back end of the defense and be seen as the guy moving forward? Not only would we probably have a top defense, we would eliminate what we all probably believe is the biggest weakness on the team. We would be able to use our first next year on an interior linemen or a luxury pick. Maybe a guy at a spot we don't expect to underperform but does (WR, CB, LB). And then that 2018 class might suddenly look really, really good for Lynch.  (McGlinchey, Pettis, Warner, Moore). 

A lot of ifs. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

2) I'm a big believer that Nick Bosa will be an excellent pass rusher, and that he can produce more sacks than most think...if he plays 16 games. This defense will be really good if we can get a pass rush from the edge. They could be an absolute nightmare for opponents.

I feel like, if Bosa and Ford can combine for 28 games, we should have an excellent season, pass rush-wise. If we lose both for an extended period of time, it will be back to last year's defense. But if even only one of them plays, it's already a ton better than what we had. And if we have both, we should be pretty dangerous. So yeah, I'm fine with them missing some time, because injuries happen, and they're playing a very physical position. Just don't have 300lbs guy go and and fall on Bosa's leg. That would greatly help.

• Like 2