OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not so sure that he would be out Colbert for the primary back up / inevitable replacement for Ward, tbh. 

From what little i've read (still busy moving my wife and I into our new place), Colbert doesn't seem to be playing particularly well. But he'll be on the roster anyways because of the ST ability. If Moore can actually show some playmaking, I think it's pretty easily his job to take..Though they have massive hard ons for Colbert, Exum and Ward.

Would be really interesting if we went with 5 corners and 5 safetie. Ward, Exum, Colbert, Moore, Harris, Tartt/Sherm, AW, Verrett, Reed, Williams. With Ward and Moore being competent corners, I could see  them going this route. Especially since Colbert, Moore, Reed and Exum all provide ST value. (Not sure on Exum, but pretty sure he'll play the gunner role with Colbert and Mosert too). 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Disregarding the second part of that post (I'm assuming it's probably a cramp or bruise or something), anyone else starting to get excited about Spoon? Third year in the league, been up and down but has had some really nice moments...this is an excellent potential break out year for him and thus far, it seems like he's performing very well in camp. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Disregarding the second part of that post (I'm assuming it's probably a cramp or bruise or something), anyone else starting to get excited about Spoon? Third year in the league, been up and down but has had some really nice moments...this is an excellent potential break out year for him and thus far, it seems like he's performing very well in camp. 

I've always been higher on Spoon than most. People forget he ended the year allowing like 9 catches in 24 or so targets. He just had like four or five suspect penalties going against him during that stretch. 

I love how Barrows put this. Should also add if the defense does great, then our offense is a complete bust...if our offense does great, then our defense is bad lol.

But looks like the defense in the early going has been getting the upper hand.......As they should. 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've always been higher on Spoon than most. People forget he ended the year allowing like 9 catches in 24 or so targets. He just had like four or five suspect penalties going against him during that stretch. 

Spoon was great once he got back in the line-up and really got a bunch of really terrible calls against him in those last games where he basically got called for breathing on a guy.

Archived