OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

We seriously just need to print this out, copy it, and tape it to every defensive player's locker for the entirety of the season. 

Or maybe tape it to Saleh's office? Maybe playing all those soft zones without a good pass rush a recipe for disaster? It wasn't only until late in the season he started to adjust and had his DBs playing more physical at the LOS on 3rd downs. It would be 3rd and 4 and he would have the DBs playing 7 yards back. Why? Being able to put pressure without having to blitz will obviously do wonders for the defense. What an embarrassing stat though SMH.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Or maybe tape it to Saleh's office? Maybe playing all those soft zones without a good pass rush a recipe for disaster? It wasn't only until late in the season he started to adjust and had his DBs playing more physical at the LOS on 3rd downs. It would be 3rd and 4 and he would have the DBs playing 7 yards back. Why? Being able to put pressure without having to blitz will obviously do wonders for the defense. What an embarrassing stat though SMH.

Tape it to his big, shiny forehead.. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So OTA's begin today with the vets being able to practice. Hoping for a injury free offseason, and hoping a few of the youngsters take the next step. 

Can't wait for the Jimmy Ward injury report. 

Wow, he lasted two practice snaps with the Redskins before his first injury? Good for him, I'm glad he's becoming more of an ironman for them.

That said, bets on which player goes down for us? Verrett? Ward? Breida? They the favorites?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Wow, he lasted two practice snaps with the Redskins before his first injury? Good for him, I'm glad he's becoming more of an ironman for them.

That said, bets on which player goes down for us? Verrett? Ward? Breida? They the favorites?

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

• Like 1

Maiocco highlighted the CB competition as something to watch. Sounds like Akhello vs. Tarvarius in OTA's with the winner getting to compete against Verrett in training camp. pretty logical competition. 

I hope theres some competition for the NCB too with DJ Reed getting some looks. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Reports were that he was crying. He knows that he's done this year. 

I was just making reference to the fact that he was down seemingly every other play for us and it always seemed to turn out to be a stinger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL at this guy right here. "Because he's a bum" huh? Interesting choice of words by a beat writer. 

First time ever, but I think I agree with Cohn here... the guy couldn't get his life together, even with all the help that was available to him. If my livelihood depended on not owning a gun and getting rid of a crazy girlfriend, I'd shape the hell up and the term "bum" wouldn't be applicable to me. 

Sucks for Reuben, but it was hard to really believe wholeheartedly in his fresh start. Even with a fresh attitude (which I have no idea if he has or not), he couldn't get a fresh body. Injury Report forever.

• Like 3