OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Saw a tweet Pettis is at 198 where last year he was at 188. I'm excited to see a strong Pettis this season. Hopefully keep him healthy.

I have so much stock in Pettis becoming a stud for fantasy it’s ridiculous. I had heard he worked on adding strength in an attempt to be more durable. That’s great news 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

So Peter's conclusion after being around the team for a few days is…. Water is wet? Tell us something we don't know already! 

Just reading the mini-camp practice reviews and listening to some podcasts, pretty much every beat writer said Spoon was by far the best corner in the open practices and that he barely allowed any catches. Expecting him to continue his play from the last five or six weeks of last year and to even take another step forward. The corners will not be a problem this upcoming season. Just need decent safety play and the defense should be much improved. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Peter's conclusion after being around the team for a few days is…. Water is wet? Tell us something we don't know already! 

Just reading the mini-camp practice reviews and listening to some podcasts, pretty much every beat writer said Spoon was by far the best corner in the open practices and that he barely allowed any catches. Expecting him to continue his play from the last five or six weeks of last year and to even take another step forward. The corners will not be a problem this upcoming season. Just need decent safety play and the defense should be much improved.

So we need to figure out time travel and we're good...lol 

If we get a healthy offense and good pass rush I'll take whatever we get from the secondary. 

• Like 1

Meh, the same thing was said about 'Spoon last year, looking great in mini-camp and him being one of the few young  CBs at Sherman's CB Summit last year. He still has to prove it to me on Sundays. Especially the physicality part of the game, which is non-existent in OTAs. He's such a horrible tackler and there's so many examples of him just having a lack of effort when things get physical. THAT is one of the most important steps he has to make in his development and taking his game to another level. He puts that on film, then I will start to believe.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So about that super bowl run..just kidding. Day 1.

My favorite offseason disclaimer is "padless football is meaningless football." That said, pads don't affect a player's ability to hold onto the ball. Hopefully that position group got an earful, because it sounds like they earned it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

My favorite offseason disclaimer is "padless football is meaningless football." That said, pads don't affect a player's ability to hold onto the ball. Hopefully that position group got an earful, because it sounds like they earned it. 

Especially after last year, when we had so many freaking turnovers. You would hope they would have made that a point of emphasis this offseason. 

I know its early, but damn. I don't think I can take another year of 30 something turnovers

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So at this point who exactly is practicing opposed to not practicing? Damn near half the team is dealing with something SMH .

Well hopefully its karma in reverse, seeing as since Shanny has been here, we've always been relatively injury-free during the off-season. Then once TC and the season begins, we've been a IR magnet. Now that we've gotten all our injuries out the way, maybe we can remain healthier during the season.....hopefully. 

Edited by 757-NINER

The only serious injury among any non-UDFA players is Celek's, so I think things are still in pretty great shape. All the other injuries are minor or from last season. Celek is the only one who is not expected to be cleared in time for training camp (he has the Trent Taylor back injury).

Sucks that the guys aren't getting offseason reps, but it's not otherwise concerning.