Players You're Excited About

Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Only logical answer TBH.

I have several people I'm excited about

QB Deshaun Watson- To see if the Texans finally have their franchise QB

WR Amari Cooper- I want to see if he breaks out even better than his first 2 years.

RB Leonard Fournette

QB Marcus Mariota

CB Jalen Ramsey

RB Zeke Elliot (when he returns)

QB Carson Wentz

RB David Johnson

TE OJ Howard

Hello mate, I dont think that Deshaun watson is their franchise QB but for the other players that you are ecxited about its gonna be a great year i think ! 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm fairly certain this will happen sooner rather than later. Miller had a good season last year (not great) but it was clear he lacks the power to run between the tackles, as well as the durability to maintain that for 20-25 touches a game. 

I'd say by mid season, it'll be a 50/50 timeshare with Foreman taking over as the "1a" in the following weeks. Unknown to many, Foreman is really proving to be a talented target in the passing game - he's catching passes at an outlet, running routes out of the slot and on the outsides, shaking defenders in his routes before the ball is thrown. Very unexpected development, but one that will pay some big dividends (we shouldn't be too surprised, his twin brother is a WR for the Longhorns - catching runs in the family).

He's also taking reps as a KR. That might be a bit too much to ask on an every Kickoff basis, but would be a nice wrinkle to a very lukewarm return game. Getting a 235 bowling ball with 4.4 speed getting a full head of steam on a return could be fun to watch.

I must say I've been a bit surprised by his versatility in the passing game. Being a big Longhorn fan I've watched just about every snap Foreman took in college, and while a lot of his lack of production receiving had to do with limited opportunities, he would still drop more than you'd like to see in those chances. That said if he's improved in that regard (Which he's made some nice plays in the preseason) that would be awesome, and should help him see the field more. 

Regarding the return game. That certainly is intriguing especially if he's just splitting carries. Would be fun to see him use that rare size/speed combo. 

Also, Danielle Hunter.  12.5 sacks last year despite not starting a single game, and he's moved into the starting lineup this year.  The knock on him was that he was inserted in specific situations that were beneficial to his production last season, but I'm really interested in seeing if he's a star in the making like Starless seems to think 

12 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Really want to see how the Giants offense performs with Brandon Marshall starting aside OBJ.  Let's not forget, in 2015 Marshall was a top 5 receiver with the Jets with 109 for 1502 and 14 TDs with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing to him.  Now that he's in a much more favorable situation, I see him having a bounce back season in a big way 

32 though. Mind you, he's the type of receiver that can age well. Doesn't rely on raw speed and athleticism as much as others. 

5 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Also, Danielle Hunter.  12.5 sacks last year despite not starting a single game, and he's moved into the starting lineup this year.  The knock on him was that he was inserted in specific situations that were beneficial to his production last season, but I'm really interested in seeing if he's a star in the making like Starless seems to think 

He's on mine too. Put me down as another who thinks he will be a star. As in, top 5 in League. There's a prediction for you.

QBs

Jared Goff

Carson Wentz

Dak Prescott

Marcus Mariota

Derek Carr

Russell Wilson

RBs

David Johnson

Le'Veon Bell

Todd Gurley

Leonard Fournette

Christian Mcaffrey

Seahawks RBs (specially Rawls, Prosise and Carson)

Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson

OL

Seahawks OL

EDGE

Joey Bosa

Danielle Hunter

Jadaveon Clowney

Frank Clark

Myles Garrett

LBs

Haason Reddick

Jarrad Davis

Reuben Foster

Myles Jack

Jaylon Smith

CB 

Shaquill Griffin

Kevin King

Marlon Humphrey

S

Jamal Adams

Jabrill Peppers

Malik Hooker

Bradley McDougald and Delano Hill

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

JJ Watt is not only the best defensive player in the modern game, but arguably that's ever played, as well. Sorry.

A guy who didn't play last year and is coming off a surgery like that can't automatically be penciled in as best player in the NFL, idc how great you are.

Sorry.

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

A guy who didn't play last year and is coming off a surgery like that can't automatically be penciled in as best player in the NFL, idc how great you are.

Sorry.

He was the best player before his injury, and has done nothing thus far to prove otherwise. He has more facets to his game than Mack, has more pressures, sacks and hits than a number of other elite DL combined and he's just as good against the run. All of this in multiple positions. He breaks the scale of how to measure how good a player is. Plus, he's played injured for two seasons now and showed no sign of slowing down. I am saying he comes back even better than before.

You, of course, are a Raiders fan. I am not a Texans fan. You can't be objective in this case (evidently) and I can. Sorry :P

Back surgery is a serious deal. All of his injuries are starting to pile up and he has already spoken about retirement. We can't just automatically assume he'll be the same player as before just because he's JJ Watt. He's going to have to prove it, which he very well might do. But this is the Not For Long league. You can be the baddest dude at your position for five years, get injured and all of a sudden get surpassed. See Justin Houston

Right now, Von Miller, Aaron Donald and Mack have the upperhand on being NFLs best D players.

Archived