Biggest head scratching picks

lark25

On 5/10/2019 at 1:09 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

But, I mean Isabella wasn't really good at much at UMass besides "being faster than everyone else on the field" a fact that wasn't true as soon as the senior bowl.   Sure, he can in theory learn how to catch, how to run routes, etc. but it's pure projection with him.

?

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I never read a single thing about Jones and Denver.

Read more, then? I don't know what else to tell you.

It seems a lot of the "conventional wisdom" now states that Gettleman was convinced Elway had interest (hence Gettleman's quote on Jones), but in the end was mistaken on that. 

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Read more, then? I don't know what else to tell you.

It seems a lot of the "conventional wisdom" now states that Gettleman was convinced Elway had interest (hence Gettleman's quote on Jones), but in the end was mistaken on that. 

Gettlemen will try to justify it any way he can. His justifications so far have been quite bad. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Gettlemen will try to justify it any way he can. His justifications so far have been quite bad. 

I'm not claiming the whole thing isn't pretty weird. Just relaying stuff I've seen and read. 

I certainly don't think Jones is a Christian Ponder or Jake Locker kind of reach, though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not claiming the whole thing isn't pretty weird. Just relaying stuff I've seen and read. 

I certainly don't think Jones is a Christian Ponder or Jake Locker kind of reach, though. 

I agree, it’s much worse. 

On 5/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, BayRaider said:

Sigh, two sources are NFL.com and Walterfootball? Facepalm....

On 5/8/2019 at 9:09 AM, Danger said:

Double Face Palm

The Draft Network had Patrick Mahomes rated as day 2 pick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/patrick-mahomes-a-case-in-the-complexity-of-draft-scouting

Give Jones a chance. He played on a horrible team and I can see that would not produce the quality YouTube video highlights your analysis needs.

I think Jones was a reach and would have been available late first, but if Getman felt higher on him than others, so be it.

1 minute ago, VegasDan said:

I think Jones was a reach and would have been available late first, but if Getman felt higher on him than others, so be it.

Gettleman has proven multiple times already that he's inept.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Gettleman has proven multiple times already that he's inept.

How was he 'proven multiple times already that he's inept'? He's definitely made questionable decisions this offseason, but nobody has played any football yet to see if he was right or wrong about them.

On 5/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, minutemancl said:

How was he 'proven multiple times already that he's inept'? He's definitely made questionable decisions this offseason, but nobody has played any football yet to see if he was right or wrong about them.

Wasn't he fired once already?

On 5/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, BayRaider said:

most people had Jones as QB4 at the highest and QB7 at the lowest with QB5 being probably the consensus. 

I'll bite where do these "facts" come from?  Who are "most people?"  I can tell you it wasn't the better known mock drafters, because he was QB4 at the very lowest for nearly all of them.

PS I'm no Jones fan, I think it would have been at reach at 1.17, but get real.