Jump to content
Thaiphoon

Jimmy F Moreland Looking To Prove Critics Wrong

Recommended Posts

Jimmy F Moreland Looking to Prove Critics Wrong

She gets the number wrong, it was six returned for a TD but no matter:

 

Quote

 

Question: You returned five career interceptions for touchdowns. How would were you so successful taking them back for a score?

Answer: In high school, I played every position: quarterback, receiver, really every position besides O-line and D-line, so I always had that vision of the field to see how players were set up.

Once you get a pick, it’s easy because most of the people don’t think you’ll get an interception. Then most of the people are reacting off you getting an interception, so basically once you get one and return it, the only think you have to get past is the linemen and quarterback.

Our defensive coordinator [at JMU] always told us once somebody gets an interception to block the intended receiver and quarterback because I can out run any lineman. So, that’s where I get my returner skills from.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to my Misfit Toy proving them wrong. hee hee hee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Woz said:

I look forward to my Misfit Toy proving them wrong. hee hee hee

ePNXM9O.gif?noredirect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Woz said:

I look forward to my Misfit Toy proving them wrong. hee hee hee

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd1daf86653782f63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what happens to him if / when he has to take on a guard and a big back turning the corner ? Doesn't sound pretty .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

what happens to him if / when he has to take on a guard and a big back turning the corner ? Doesn't sound pretty .

The same thing that happens to most corners in the NFL if they have to take on a pulling guard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Woz said:

The same thing that happens to most corners in the NFL if they have to take on a pulling guard?

some corners at least weigh 210 give or take . What is he 187 .. and 5'10" . A corner has to be able to come up and help out. Just saying-that's small body to be throwing into the fray . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

some corners at least weigh 210 give or take . What is he 187 .. and 5'10" . A corner has to be able to come up and help out. Just saying-that's small body to be throwing into the fray . 

Per redskins.com:

  • Adonis Alexander - 6'3", 207
  • Quinton Dunbar - 6'2", 197
  • Joshua Holsey - 5'11", 195
  • Danny Johnson - 5'9", 181
  • Fabian Moreau - 6'0", 200
  • Josh Norman - 6'0", 200
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - 6'2", 203
  • Greg Stroman - 5'11", 180
  • Jimmy Moreland - 5'10", 179
  • Jeremy Reaves - 5'10", 205

So, is he small? Yes, relatively speaking. But A) is he that much smaller than the rest of them? and B) he's also entering a professional football program with professional weight staff and nutritionists, so maybe he can put on a bit of weight right in the middle of that crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Woz said:

Per redskins.com:

  • Adonis Alexander - 6'3", 207
  • Quinton Dunbar - 6'2", 197
  • Joshua Holsey - 5'11", 195
  • Danny Johnson - 5'9", 181
  • Fabian Moreau - 6'0", 200
  • Josh Norman - 6'0", 200
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - 6'2", 203
  • Greg Stroman - 5'11", 180
  • Jimmy Moreland - 5'10", 179
  • Jeremy Reaves - 5'10", 205

So, is he small? Yes, relatively speaking. But A) is he that much smaller than the rest of them? and B) he's also entering a professional football program with professional weight staff and nutritionists, so maybe he can put on a bit of weight right in the middle of that crowd?

I'll be pulling for him . Can't wait to see him on the field. Sounds like a dynamic player . 

Just hope his "sorance is paid up ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

what happens to him if / when he has to take on a guard and a big back turning the corner ? Doesn't sound pretty .

He's a willing run stuffer. 20lbs extra on a DB is not going to make much difference if we're talking pulling guard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darrell Green was 1 inch shorter and about same weight.

Seemed to work out ok for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Darrell Green was 1 inch shorter and about same weight.

Seemed to work out ok for him

And a pulling guard (they were lighter back then, but still substantially bigger than a DB) would also cause him trouble if/when he encountered them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woz said:

And a pulling guard (they were lighter back then, but still substantially bigger than a DB) would also cause him trouble if/when he encountered them.

Exactly. That's why I was saying that worrying about his size is overblown. He is not gonna stand a chance against a pulling Guard. But like Darrell, he'll still stick his head in there and try to make the tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Exactly. That's why I was saying that worrying about his size is overblown. He is not gonna stand a chance against a pulling Guard. But like Darrell, he'll still stick his head in there and try to make the tackle.

The way I look at it, my misfit will just add one more chip to his shoulder in order to prove the haters wrong. :D:D:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×