Jimmy F Moreland Looking To Prove Critics Wrong

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I'll be pulling for him . Can't wait to see him on the field. Sounds like a dynamic player . 

Just hope his "sorance is paid up ! 

Yeah, I've rarely gotten to cheer for a Redskin draft pick that I cheered for in college. Scratch that. I've NEVER gotten to do it. 

Check out the draft post where I put some links to him playing. 

There's a highlight reel (shows his coverage and tackling). And then I think one of the EW Shrine game and the Senior Bowl. 

I've literally been standing on the table for this guy to be picked by us for the past 3 years.

So I just hope he balls out and doesn't embarrass me. Hehe.

Shawn Springs on Jimmy Moreland

Listen to this hour of Al Galdi on the Team980.

Go to the 26:00 mark. Galdi played a clip on Springs talking with Doc Walker on 980 on Monday.

Springs calls him the best cover corner we have now. He said he went to watch JMU play Richmond last year (I believe his son plays for the Spiders) and after shaking the Richmond players hands he went to the JMU bus and asked the coach to be introduced to Jimmy.

Incidentally this was the game where Jimmy did this:

100 yard pick 6

Oh and the Galdi clip he played others hyping Moreland.

Trevor Matich loves him - calls him an "annoying pest" as a cover corner

Moreland "Massive Playmaker"

(oh yeah Jimmy also blocked 6 kicks too at JMU)

• Like 2

Listed as one of PFF’s most underrated picks (10 guys selected in the 3rd or later) in an article they did for ESPN:

Drafting a 5-foot-9, 179-pound cornerback any higher than this is difficult to justify. Moreland isn't the average 5-foot-9, 179-pound corner, though. His 18 college interceptions are a James Madison record, and he is as physical a corner as you'll see. Moreland has the skills to project immediately into the starting slot position.

Interestingly, they did an almost identical article on their website, but that one included Kelvin Harmon in place of Jimmy F. Baby. Suffice to say, they really liked our draft. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Definitely getting excited about the guy with all of the hype. As mentioned in the other thread,there's gonna be some tough decisions to make when final cuts come.

I'm just hoping he delivers. I'm like a nervous parent before watching your kid pitch his first game.

• Like 4

On 5/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Shawn Springs on Jimmy Moreland

Listen to this hour of Al Galdi on the Team980.

Go to the 26:00 mark. Galdi played a clip on Springs talking with Doc Walker on 980 on Monday.

Springs calls him the best cover corner we have now. He said he went to watch JMU play Richmond last year (I believe his son plays for the Spiders) and after shaking the Richmond players hands he went to the JMU bus and asked the coach to be introduced to Jimmy.

Incidentally this was the game where Jimmy did this:

100 yard pick 6

Oh and the Galdi clip he played others hyping Moreland.

Trevor Matich loves him - calls him an "annoying pest" as a cover corner

Moreland "Massive Playmaker"

(oh yeah Jimmy also blocked 6 kicks too at JMU)

I listened to it too and thought of you and BB the whole time!

• Like 1

I’m rooting for him as he’s an underdog, under sized and coming from the Harvard of Rocktown. 

But to the question- “Question: You returned five career interceptions for touchdowns. How would were you so successful taking them back for a score?”

i hope the answer isn’t- big fish in little pond

cant wait to see him on Hard Knocks

• Like 1