Jimmy F Moreland Looking To Prove Critics Wrong

12 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

This guy better be good because I’m sensing a Colt Brennan cult phenomenon developing 

Agreed. As much as I stood on the table for him, I want him to deliver. I don't want the only guy I've gonna out on a limb for to bust. If he delivers like he did in college, we will be happy. It's why I'm mostly muted when people are talking about him. I want to wait until we see him in the preseason games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed. As much as I stood on the table for him, I want him to deliver. I don't want the only guy I've gonna out on a limb for to bust. If he delivers like he did in college, we will be happy. It's why I'm mostly muted when people are talking about him. I want to wait until we see him in the preseason games.

I got you. You want me draft him. I got you covered.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/young-redskins-defensive-backs-take-advantage-first-team-reps-during-mondays-otas

Stroman wasn't the only seventh-round pick that stood out on day one. Jimmy Moreland, who the Redskins selected this past March, had a big day as well. He recorded the first interception of OTA's, and broke up several plays when challenged one-on-one.

Toward the end of the session, Moreland was lined up on the outside against fellow rookie Kelvin Harmon with no safety help. Gruden verbally challenged Moreland to make a play before the snap, and while Harmon did catch the ball, he was well out of bounds as Moreland broke up the play.

Gruden had plenty to say about Moreland, pleased to see that the rookie stepped up to the challenge.

"Jimmy? Jimmy got the first pick of the day today," Gruden said on Moreland. "Figured it would have been him. He's got great ball skills, and he's got great confidence."  

The praise then led to Gruden cracking a joke about Moreland's size, which might have been his first smile of the day. The seventh-rounder is one of the smallest players on the roster, listed at 5'10 and 174 pounds.

"I told him this is his type of day you know?" Gruden joked. "Non-contact, Jimmy, because he is a smaller type guy. I knew he was going to shine today. Just wait, Jimmy, just wait. But he is a great competitor. I love the energy that he brings. When the pads do come on for real, I think he'll be right there in the mix with everybody."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

All this guy did was shine during the senior bowl week and game. I’m always in search of a good CB!!!! And this guy was a really fun player to scout!!! He is smaller but he’s a gamer

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

All this guy did was shine during the senior bowl week and game. I’m always in search of a good CB!!!! And this guy was a really fun player to scout!!! He is smaller but he’s a gamer

Yeah, with his production. If he had ber. 6ft, 205+lbs I think he gets drafted by the 3rd. 

FCS and his size (mostly his size) scared teams off.

• Like 1

Moreland, Stroman and Danny Johnson are all about the same size. I've never viewed a corner who is 5'9 - 5'11 and 175-185 pounds that small for the position. Yeah, small football player but so many good to great corners through out history have been that size and will continue to be that size goingforward.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Never gets an NFL interception. Thrown away late round pick, should have used it on someone that knows what it's like to play top competition.

Huh. Jeezy's apparently bucking for my "#1 on Thai's S---list" crown.

giphy.gif

Back off before I have to cut you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I’m feeling he’s more Nico Marley

220px-Nico_Marley_Washington_Redskins_Tr

than Darrell Green

tumblr_n8u2vf7lft1qhkbk8o2_400.gif

I want the kid to be successful but dumbo is building him up too much too fast 

and that next step could be a doozy 

tenor.gif?itemid=12565955

Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic