Jimmy F Moreland Looking To Prove Critics Wrong

12 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Marko Mitchell? Colt Brennan? That short kick returner whose name I've already forgotten? Jimmy F. is destined to join an elite list of late round fan favorites.

I was 100% convinced Robert McCune was a future HOFer.

• Like 2

Trying to find the link to the WaPo (I JUST had it here somewhere - once I find it I'll put it up), but here is the quote from them:

"Whereas Collins is a known entity slowly working in with his new team, Jimmy Moreland is a little-known rookie lighting up OTAs. The seventh-round pick had three interceptions Wednesday, two off tipped balls and one in the end zone from first-round rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins. He also had one during last week’s session. Moreland has quickly grown into a favorite among teammates for his energy and gift of the gab. Gruden has playfully challenged the rookie, and teammates erupted with each of his interceptions Wednesday.

Manusky said he’s never seen someone have a three-interception day in practice throughout his career, and compared Moreland to former Redskins nickelback Kendall Fuller. That’s high praise considering Fuller is one of the better slot corners in the NFL and was a key part of the deal that brought quarterback Alex Smith from Kansas City Chiefs. The Redskins have lined Moreland up in the slot corner position as well as at outside cornerback.

“He’s a fun guy to watch, “Gruden said. “He’s got excellent ball skills, which is what drew us to him. He’s proven to be quite the athlete . . . He’s made his presence, without a doubt.”

The outspoken Moreland said he’s not surprised by the fast start.

“Nah, I expect me to make plays,” Moreland said. “Whatever play comes to me, I’ve got to do my job . . . My defensive coordinator always told us, if you run to the ball good things will happen. You never know what could happen . . . I know what I’m capable of doing. I know I can bring the energy up. I can get the guys laughing and things like that. And I also can make a lot of good plays. Just staying focused and just being in the film room helps a lot.”

11 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Let's all keep perspective here.  It was one day.  They say in the podcast below that a Redskins staffer told them Jimmy was getting beat repeatedly yesterday (around the 9 minute mark).

Yup. I expect this type of news as well. He's a rookie and is gonna play like one at times. Including getting beat. I still love the guy because he's gifted and works hard at improving his craft.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-otas-recap-notes-where-haskins-can-grow-cam-sims-play-and-more

Going off of DBs and picks, Jimmy Moreland had himself a day, racking up three interceptions. The best of the bunch was the third. It was late in practice, and Jay Gruden was screaming at Moreland, who was lined up against Brian Quick around the five-yard line, "There's a mouse in the house!" Haskins, wanting to take advantage of the said mouse in said house, tried to connect with Quick, but Moreland was able to easily cut in front of him, pluck Haskins' pass out of the air and head the other way for what likely would've been a 99-yard score. One Redskins staffer said Moreland had a rougher day in closed practice on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, he was probably the star. Get your tickets for the Moreland Hype Train now, because they're going fast. 

• Like 1