Just This Year - Joe Thomas vs Phil Dawson

braylon

One Year Only  

23 members have voted

1. 1. One Year Only

A thread (and a couple answers by some of our guys in this forum) in NFL Gen has me wondering what you guys think about this.. If you could add one of these two players to our team for this year only, which would it be? When the question was posed in NFL Gen they just asked "which former player would you add to your team for this year?" I immediately thought of Joe Thomas and quite frankly didn't expect anyone to change my mind.. I considered maybe going DB or LB, but Joe Thomas is just clearly better than Clay Matthews and there isn't a DB in our history that is on Joe's level (maybe some older fans could school me on this lol). But, the upgrade at K may be too much to pass up on. We probably would've been in the playoffs last year if Phil was our K lol. So what do you guys think?

• Like 1

Since the title of this thread is "...for this year" - I will assume in their current body states. I was watching the Browns "Red Zone" draft recap show - and they claim that Phil the drill actually called the Browns to inquire about the status of their kicking, and if they would be interested.

So Phil must think he can still do it, and that is good enough for me.

This is about the guys in their primes, not in their current shape. 

I'm also picking Joe Thomas, to be clear.. but it was a very tough choice for me. Which is why I posed the question in the first place, just wondered if anyone else would find it to be a tough choice, or even actually pick Steely Phil. Apparently I'm alone in even thinking this is close. xD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The answer is Joe Thomas, by there is some case for dawson. We need a kicker.

A guy who can be argued as the greatest LT ever or a Phil who was really good at kicking the football........I’m sorry but I don’t think there is any argument for Phil, teams pull kickers out of nowhere’s and have gone on to have pro bowl type years, having Joe not only means baker has to 0% about his blindside, it vastly strengthens the depth of our o-line

6 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

A guy who can be argued as the greatest LT ever or a Phil who was really good at kicking the football........I’m sorry but I don’t think there is any argument for Phil, teams pull kickers out of nowhere’s and have gone on to have pro bowl type years, having Joe not only means baker has to 0% about his blindside, it vastly strengthens the depth of our o-line

I agree take Thomas, hell he deserves the ride.

but kicker is one of the most important players on the team, they are hitting low end starter money with their contracts at the top end 5 million per year.