Bleacher Report article about trades

kurgan

problem is there is no cap space right now for a trade. Next year there might be though, and if they let Haden walk, that could help offset. Don't get your hopes up they keep Haden, Nelson and Peterson, that would be too good.  Of course, with AB's dead cap gone, dupree gone, and reworking deals, this could be possible.  This trade was brought up last year, and has resurfaced.  I used to like the idea, but now I think it would be good, but maybe getting a force opposite Watt or a legit playmaking Safety could help the D more. Nothing wrong with having Peterson, but the other areas are lacking more than CB for now. If they let Haden walk (or he wants to sign elsewhere, get injured) then Peterson will probably get some trade requests from the steelers.  

I don't know who they trade though.  Maybe next year at this time arizona will want another qb again, why not make it 3 years in a row xD  Who is left to trade, maybe Tuitt, Williams, Washington (if he doesn't break out) , Dobbs , Rogers,  Boswell, .... maybe a few in there won't qualify for trades. 

Finney should stay and be the back up OG/C or if they have to then Trade Foster and keep Finney.  I doubt they do that, instead they will let Finney go - another  mistake but can't complain about Foster since he has been solid over the years.  

Maybe the Cards are a team that is poorly operated and a good trade partner for a steal. ;)

Anyone here have an estimate on what the steelers cap space will be next year?

5 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

They also had the Defense ranked #2 in an article 2 days ago. If you're #2 why do you do that trade?

steelers D was far from #2, I don't know where they got that from.  The trade could help the team, thats why a trade makes sense, even if they are #2 in defence.  I don't expect this trade to happen unless Haden goes to IR before wk1. Next year maybe, and ideally they would give Haden a new deal now and then trade for Peterson next year when they have cap space after dupree is a gone and well as AB's dead cap. 

What is the steelers projected cap space next year anyways? If Shazier isn't on the books, dupree, AB's cap hit etc... the team might have a bit of $ for a change.  It would be ideal if they had Haden, Nelson and Peterson, then in RD1 get a safety.  It never goes the way we want so just wait and see. 

At least the bleacher report doesn't have us trading for clowney . 

57 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

problem is there is no cap space right now for a trade. Next year there might be though, and if they let Haden walk, that could help offset. Don't get your hopes up they keep Haden, Nelson and Peterson, that would be too good.  Of course, with AB's dead cap gone, dupree gone, and reworking deals, this could be possible.  This trade was brought up last year, and has resurfaced.  I used to like the idea, but now I think it would be good, but maybe getting a force opposite Watt or a legit playmaking Safety could help the D more. Nothing wrong with having Peterson, but the other areas are lacking more than CB for now. If they let Haden walk (or he wants to sign elsewhere, get injured) then Peterson will probably get some trade requests from the steelers.  

I don't know who they trade though.  Maybe next year at this time arizona will want another qb again, why not make it 3 years in a row xD  Who is left to trade, maybe Tuitt, Williams, Washington (if he doesn't break out) , Dobbs , Rogers,  Boswell, .... maybe a few in there won't qualify for trades. 

Finney should stay and be the back up OG/C or if they have to then Trade Foster and keep Finney.  I doubt they do that, instead they will let Finney go - another  mistake but can't complain about Foster since he has been solid over the years.  

Maybe the Cards are a team that is poorly operated and a good trade partner for a steal. ;)

Anyone here have an estimate on what the steelers cap space will be next year?

Next years cap room significantly dependent on 5 players...what’s done with Haden/Hargraves/Dupree and if they retain Nelson and Barron.

Nelson and Barron deals have low cap hit year 1 and basically double(if not more) in year 2....

Nelson and Barron count for roughly $18 mill against cap next year.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I know Peterson would be an amazing add to our D, but Id rather a trade for an OLB or signing a guy like Ziggy Ansah and kicking those tires. I just feel we are fine at CB.

Peterson would be great...slide Nelson to slot, and have Haden/PP on outside...Neldonwould still play like 2/3 of snap.

In 2020, allow Haden to leave in FA, Layne kicks into Haden spot.

Wont happen but still.

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Peterson would be great...slide Nelson to slot, and have Haden/PP on outside...Neldonwould still play like 2/3 of snap.

In 2020, allow Haden to leave in FA, Layne kicks into Haden spot.

Wont happen but still.

This would really make CB a strength, when was the last time CB was the strength here?  Maybe try to keep Haden and PP if Adeyini and Smith take over at OLB, freeing up dupree's cap so to speak from 2020 on.  The idea of 3 quality CB's is required in todays game  for depth and even vs most teams.  I don't know if colbert will be intent on having 3 quality vet CB's  but it looks as though the opportunity will be there. 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I know Peterson would be an amazing add to our D, but Id rather a trade for an OLB or signing a guy like Ziggy Ansah and kicking those tires. I just feel we are fine at CB.

I don't see them bringing in a OLB with what's on the roster unless injuries force the need.   Why isn't Ansah signed? I was never a fan but I only watched a bit of Detroit . Can he cover like OLB in steelers scheme? 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Tbh, idk why Ansah hasnt been signed, part of me thinks it could be health related.

He has a bad shoulder that he had surgery on. He cant pass a physical just yet so teams holding off.  I dont see him as a fit for us because even as a lesser version of himself ye will get overpaid a bit. He also pkays exclusively with a hand in the dirt. My best guess would be the bucs signing him yo a 1 or 2 year deal now that JPP is most likely done for the year.

• Like 2

1) Steven Nelson, Vince Williams, conditional 1st for Patrick Peterson

Just waiting for Nelson. Waiting for another 1st rd pick. Nelson will add to AZ comp formula

2) PIT 2020 2nd and TJ Watt for SF 2020 1st and Solomon Thomas

This is an all-inclusive trade. This is how you get Peterson. Solomon Thomas reminds me of Levon Kirkland. And Thomas and Bush in the middle is monsterous 

3) Joe Haden for Darron Lee

Edited by Money

it's not happening, forget bleacher report this time anyways. If it does happen I will be as shocked as anyone, and would have to say the Cards a FO that is as unpredictable as anyone. He is their best player and changes the way they can scheme, so removing him would be quite a decision. The what they would get for Peterson is also questionable because most would say at least a RD1 pick and then a decent player. How many teams would be benefitting from such a trade and be willing to change their scheme to accommodate an elite CB? It can cue good as long as Peterson is healthy, but if he gets hurt, the  scheme would have to change too.

If he did arrive here with Haden and Nelson, I could see Nelson at slot. If Peterson got hurt for a bit, then Nelson goes back outside. That works out, but how many teams have this option? Steelers don't have the cap space either, so I don't know how the BR can think of this other than the fact the Steelers secondary has been a weakness for years.

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

it's not happening, forget bleacher report this time anyways. If it does happen I will be as shocked as anyone, and would have to say the Cards a FO that is as unpredictable as anyone. He is their best player and changes the way they can scheme, so removing him would be quite a decision. The what they would get for Peterson is also questionable because most would say at least a RD1 pick and then a decent player. How many teams would be benefitting from such a trade and be willing to change their scheme to accommodate an elite CB? It can cue good as long as Peterson is healthy, but if he gets hurt, the  scheme would have to change too.

If he did arrive here with Haden and Nelson, I could see Nelson at slot. If Peterson got hurt for a bit, then Nelson goes back outside. That works out, but how many teams have this option? Steelers don't have the cap space either, so I don't know how the BR can think of this other than the fact the Steelers secondary has been a weakness for years.

Here is why it does happen. Kyler Murray