Bleacher Report article about trades

kurgan

3 hours ago, Money said:

Here is why it does happen. Kyler Murray

They are making some strange moves this offseason, and I suppose last.   We have no cap space though, explain that if you have some time. We all like the idea, but can't see it happening.

21 hours ago, Money said:

1) Steven Nelson, Vince Williams, conditional 1st for Patrick Peterson

Just waiting for Nelson. Waiting for another 1st rd pick. Nelson will add to AZ comp formula

2) PIT 2020 2nd and TJ Watt for SF 2020 1st and Solomon Thomas

This is an all-inclusive trade. This is how you get Peterson. Solomon Thomas reminds me of Levon Kirkland. And Thomas and Bush in the middle is monsterous 

3) Joe Haden for Darron Lee

All 3 of those trades are friggin terrible and frankly, really stupid ideas.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

All 3 of those trades are friggin terrible and frankly, really stupid ideas.

I agree. I think this drastically makes us a WORSE teams. Peterson is the only semi reliable CB, no edge rusher, hoping a first pans out when we have franchise signal caller in Ben who is in true “win now” mode that isn’t beneficial at the moment, plus Solomon Thomas at ILB.....no thanks!

If you think Patrick Peterson will have the same type of impact for our defense that Khalil Mack had for the Bears (I think he would) then you have to give up a FRP for him if he's available at that price and we can figure out a way to afford him. Ben only has 3 years left. Haden and Peterson on the outside would help out our average pass rush tremendously and could potentially vault us to having a top 5 defense. We will have added Mark Barron, Steven Nelson, Devin Bush, Justin Layne, and Patrick Peterson without losing anyone significant. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

If you think Patrick Peterson will have the same type of impact for our defense that Khalil Mack had for the Bears (I think he would) then you have to give up a FRP for him if he's available at that price and we can figure out a way to afford him. Ben only has 3 years left. Haden and Peterson on the outside would help out our average pass rush tremendously and could potentially vault us to having a top 5 defense. We will have added Mark Barron, Steven Nelson, Devin Bush, Justin Layne, and Patrick Peterson without losing anyone significant. 

everyone would like the trade, but really, how do they make the cap space even if they rework his deal ?  I don't see it happening unless there is major restructuring, because as usual there isn't any cap space.  

Trade  Williams, that would free up a bit. Restructure Haden, and a few others but who? Maybe Heyward and Tuitt, but how much would they save for the cap.

As for the impact Peterson would make, it's up the butler . If he decides to play coverages mostly to Petersons strengths in man to man coverage, then it could help the team. If they waste him away with zones, then expect more of the same.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:22 AM, Money said:

1) Steven Nelson, Vince Williams, conditional 1st for Patrick Peterson

Just waiting for Nelson. Waiting for another 1st rd pick. Nelson will add to AZ comp formula

2) PIT 2020 2nd and TJ Watt for SF 2020 1st and Solomon Thomas

This is an all-inclusive trade. This is how you get Peterson. Solomon Thomas reminds me of Levon Kirkland. And Thomas and Bush in the middle is monsterous 

3) Joe Haden for Darron Lee

Wai...Wha??? You want to trade the pro bowl outside linebacker and three other starters and our second round pick for 1 all-pro and 2 first-round busts...

These three trades you proposed might be some of the worst I've seen on this forum. I am sorry, I do not enjoy being or sounding like a jerk but those trades are terrible.

Solomon Thomas does not fit our scheme in any way. And a Levon Kirkland-type in this day and age is not what you want to have at outside linebacker.

Then, we end up with Darron Lee who is basically a lesser version of what we just drafted in the first round. Lee is not a replacement for VW.

And then we trade a former all pro corner and a newly acquired starting corner for 1 current all pro. Who is exactly is going to man the other side? A third-round rookie who is unproven at this point? Or would you suggest we lineup our very own first round bust who was a projected third-round talent, that actually plays like a sixth-round project.

I don't believe I am being hyperbolic when I say that those trades wood set us back for a minimum of three years.

Edited by Ward4HOF
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Peterson suspended the first 6 games 👀

he will on sale next year. He doesn't want to be there and teams will all be ready to trade and make better offers then now. Of course, maybe the colts have the cap space to make a trade but most teams  don't.  Also with the suspension, teams drop the value and will wait to see how he plays 'clean' if that makes any senseO.o

• Like 1