Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Predict the 53/ Updated with Cuts**

Recommended Posts

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Zero chance. Primed for the PS.

How has he looked, in general? I saw the one long TD run but that's it.

I've watched him play rugby several times. Fast, but....didn't expect him to make it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

How has he looked, in general? I saw the one long TD run but that's it.

I've watched him play rugby several times. Fast, but....didn't expect him to make it

Still has a long way to go IMO. He would have had a TD on the long reception but he ran towards the middle of the end zone (muscle memory?) and into defenders. Last night he didn't show much of anything to suggest he could ever be more than a special teamer and maybe a 3rd down back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Still has a long way to go IMO. He would have had a TD on the long reception but he ran towards the middle of the end zone (muscle memory?) and into defenders. Last night he didn't show much of anything to suggest he could ever be more than a special teamer and maybe a 3rd down back.

Oh crap, did he??! Haha yeah, for sure muscle memory. I'm sure you're aware but where you score the TD in rugby is the same line the PAT is taken (so easier more central). That's terrible....

 

Thanks for the info! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Cuts thus far:

OL Demetrius Rhaney
TE Keith Towbridge
WR Nick Easley
DL LT Walton
CB Denzel Rice

You can add the following to the list:
Roderick Young
Victor Bolden
Abraham Wallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh crap, did he??! Haha yeah, for sure muscle memory. I'm sure you're aware but where you score the TD in rugby is the same line the PAT is taken (so easier more central). That's terrible....

 

Thanks for the info! 

lol yeah it was funny. I didn't think of it at the time but a few Bills beat reporters mentioned it on twitter. Its the first play from this video. As you can see if he just stayed down the sideline had he two blockers for one defender.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe B reporting that DE Darryl Johnson roster spot is safe. Looks like Yarborough is on his way out as I do not see them holding on to 5 pass rushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You can add the following to the list:
Roderick Young
Victor Bolden
Abraham Wallace

Nothing surprising yet.

Including the two trades and these cuts Buffalo has ridden of 10 players thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Joe B reporting that DE Darryl Johnson roster spot is safe. Looks like Yarborough is on his way out as I do not see them holding on to 5 pass rushers.

Would not surprise me to have 5 DEs. McDermott loves to rotate DEs. Keeps them fresh. And in my opinion pass rushers are the most important piece of a defense. That position has the ability to change a game. And the more the merrier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Would not surprise me to have 5 DEs. McDermott loves to rotate DEs. Keeps them fresh. And in my opinion pass rushers are the most important piece of a defense. That position has the ability to change a game. And the more the merrier

I get keeping guys fresh but honestly he rotates them because they arent that great. If you notice Hughes played more then 2/3 the snaps last year because he is the most consistent DE on the team, he rotates the other guys in hopes one will get hot. I think if he had an actual legit DE on the other side of hughes both DEs would be on the field 70%+ a season. Both Lawson and Murphy show some flash but nothing to say hes going to be able to hold that position down. Next season they get a pass rusher via free agency or draft and actually plays good i can see them being on the field more then rotating them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get keeping guys fresh but honestly he rotates them because they arent that great. If you notice Hughes played more then 2/3 the snaps last year because he is the most consistent DE on the team, he rotates the other guys in hopes one will get hot. I think if he had an actual legit DE on the other side of hughes both DEs would be on the field 70%+ a season. Both Lawson and Murphy show some flash but nothing to say hes going to be able to hold that position down. Next season they get a pass rusher via free agency or draft and actually plays good i can see them being on the field more then rotating them.

Well that would even more reason to keep a 5th...

And to be fair. I'm a big fan of Trent Murphy and can't wait to see him fully healthy. Last year he was banged up all year and still managed 4 sacks for us despite limited playing time. We have to remember he was almost a double digit sack guy before he got hurt. 

Also I'm loving what I see from Shaq Lawson this preseason. The best and most dominant I've seen him play. He has been by far out best dlinemen this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Love got hurt they were 100% going to keep 5 DE's, wouldn't surprise me at all if Eddie makes the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Hughes still a question mark for week 1 I agree that  keeping 5 DE's is possible and quite likely really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills released:

Ray Ray Mcloud
Duke Williams
Captain Munnerlyn
Marcus Murphy
Deon Lacey
Erik Magnuson 

Been reported Duke will go to the PS if/when he clears waivers. Bills are monitoring the CB market and thats why Captain Munnerlyn has been released. Lacey is another favorite to go on the PS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×