Predict the 53/ Updated with Cuts**

Trentwannabe

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

How has he looked, in general? I saw the one long TD run but that's it.

I've watched him play rugby several times. Fast, but....didn't expect him to make it

Still has a long way to go IMO. He would have had a TD on the long reception but he ran towards the middle of the end zone (muscle memory?) and into defenders. Last night he didn't show much of anything to suggest he could ever be more than a special teamer and maybe a 3rd down back.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Still has a long way to go IMO. He would have had a TD on the long reception but he ran towards the middle of the end zone (muscle memory?) and into defenders. Last night he didn't show much of anything to suggest he could ever be more than a special teamer and maybe a 3rd down back.

Oh crap, did he??! Haha yeah, for sure muscle memory. I'm sure you're aware but where you score the TD in rugby is the same line the PAT is taken (so easier more central). That's terrible....

Thanks for the info! 

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh crap, did he??! Haha yeah, for sure muscle memory. I'm sure you're aware but where you score the TD in rugby is the same line the PAT is taken (so easier more central). That's terrible....

Thanks for the info! 

lol yeah it was funny. I didn't think of it at the time but a few Bills beat reporters mentioned it on twitter. Its the first play from this video. As you can see if he just stayed down the sideline had he two blockers for one defender.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Joe B reporting that DE Darryl Johnson roster spot is safe. Looks like Yarborough is on his way out as I do not see them holding on to 5 pass rushers.

Would not surprise me to have 5 DEs. McDermott loves to rotate DEs. Keeps them fresh. And in my opinion pass rushers are the most important piece of a defense. That position has the ability to change a game. And the more the merrier

27 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Would not surprise me to have 5 DEs. McDermott loves to rotate DEs. Keeps them fresh. And in my opinion pass rushers are the most important piece of a defense. That position has the ability to change a game. And the more the merrier

I get keeping guys fresh but honestly he rotates them because they arent that great. If you notice Hughes played more then 2/3 the snaps last year because he is the most consistent DE on the team, he rotates the other guys in hopes one will get hot. I think if he had an actual legit DE on the other side of hughes both DEs would be on the field 70%+ a season. Both Lawson and Murphy show some flash but nothing to say hes going to be able to hold that position down. Next season they get a pass rusher via free agency or draft and actually plays good i can see them being on the field more then rotating them.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get keeping guys fresh but honestly he rotates them because they arent that great. If you notice Hughes played more then 2/3 the snaps last year because he is the most consistent DE on the team, he rotates the other guys in hopes one will get hot. I think if he had an actual legit DE on the other side of hughes both DEs would be on the field 70%+ a season. Both Lawson and Murphy show some flash but nothing to say hes going to be able to hold that position down. Next season they get a pass rusher via free agency or draft and actually plays good i can see them being on the field more then rotating them.

Well that would even more reason to keep a 5th...

And to be fair. I'm a big fan of Trent Murphy and can't wait to see him fully healthy. Last year he was banged up all year and still managed 4 sacks for us despite limited playing time. We have to remember he was almost a double digit sack guy before he got hurt. 

Also I'm loving what I see from Shaq Lawson this preseason. The best and most dominant I've seen him play. He has been by far out best dlinemen this summer

• Like 1

Bills released:

Ray Ray Mcloud
Duke Williams
Captain Munnerlyn
Marcus Murphy
Deon Lacey
Erik Magnuson 

Been reported Duke will go to the PS if/when he clears waivers. Bills are monitoring the CB market and thats why Captain Munnerlyn has been released. Lacey is another favorite to go on the PS.