Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Predict the 53/ Updated with Cuts**

Recommended Posts

So with Murphy cut already i guess the 4 will be Singletary, Gore, Yeldon and Perry as the special teams guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyree Jackson
Jarron Jones 
LeSean McCoy 
Kyle Peko

this makes 18 cuts and 16 remaining by my count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was dead wrong.

Bills cutting LeSean McCoy

I am stunned. Thought if any of vets at RB would get cut that it would be Gore. Hopefully Singletary turns out to be as good as advertised.

Also can't believe Lacy got cut. I would have kept him and released Stanford.

Edited by marshawn lynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills save 6.4 against the cap with this move. 

Devin Singletary come on down.

Bills cutting Shady could be the dumbest thing Beane could have done. All to save 6 mil in cap space which they already have 27 mil. I think it takes a step back in the progress as shady can be a game changer at times. I wouldnt be so hard on Beane if it werent for him to go out of his way to say Shady was the starter. If he just came out and said that every position spot is up for grabs then this wouldnt be so bad. What this means to outside players is you cant trust what Beane says which could translate in to players not feeling comfortable being there. Maybe Im wrong but I do not like how this was handled publicly. I have nothing against the current RBs on the team but the Veteran leadership and bond he had with Allen was big and I hope it doesnt bite them in the butt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well that would even more reason to keep a 5th...

And to be fair. I'm a big fan of Trent Murphy and can't wait to see him fully healthy. Last year he was banged up all year and still managed 4 sacks for us despite limited playing time. We have to remember he was almost a double digit sack guy before he got hurt. 

Also I'm loving what I see from Shaq Lawson this preseason. The best and most dominant I've seen him play. He has been by far out best dlinemen this summer

Murphy was on the field during preseason not to get injured he was jogging at times which means he is either scared to go full speed on not getting injured or he is not 100% and also took time from other guys to show what they got. As for Lawson he was dominant against the 2s but I didnt see anything special on the 1s either way they were 26th in sacks last year and not adding someone new this year outside of a 7th round pick is worrisome. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills cutting Shady could be the dumbest thing Beane could have done. All to save 6 mil in cap space which they already have 27 mil. I think it takes a step back in the progress as shady can be a game changer at times. I wouldnt be so hard on Beane if it werent for him to go out of his way to say Shady was the starter. If he just came out and said that every position spot is up for grabs then this wouldnt be so bad. What this means to outside players is you cant trust what Beane says which could translate in to players not feeling comfortable being there. Maybe Im wrong but I do not like how this was handled publicly. I have nothing against the current RBs on the team but the Veteran leadership and bond he had with Allen was big and I hope it doesnt bite them in the butt

I agree which is why I was so adament he wasn't going anywhere. A few reporters on twitter are saying, or rather speculating that what Beane said was true but was also lip service to spark trade interest. And they said the Bills made the move because of how well Yeldon and Singletary looked which I can by. The roster is always fluid so when Beane said what he did he may have meant it but things changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Murphy was on the field during preseason not to get injured he was jogging at times which means he is either scared to go full speed on not getting injured and also took time from other guys to show what they got.

I think we were watching a very different Trent Murphy. He dominated the line of scrimmage and showed off his spin move several times. 

In an off-season where the focus was on surrounding Josh Allen with talent, i can't fault the Bills for only adding a 7th round pick to the mix along with a healthy Murphy and Lawson. Not to mention Ed Oliver bringing pressure from the middle should not be overlooked either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

 Bills cut Pitts as well.

For now they're going with 5 CB's.

Bills plan to bring back Munnerlyn after week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
It's not official yet, but league sources tell me it's "looking good" for both OL Ryan Bates and CB Siran Neal to make the #Bills' 53-man roster.

Barring something else unforseen, the Bills will likely keep 9 OL. Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Ford-Neshke-Feliciano-Long-Bates-Boetteger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

 Bills cut Pitts as well.

For now they're going with 5 CB's.

and 5 safeties as reports say Dean Marlowe is safe for now. He along with Hyde/Poyer/J. Johnson and Kurt Coleman/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gonna have a pretty interesting PS this year at least. Some guys that we can pull from it that you don't feel totally doomed if they're playing.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6M more that we can roll over and Clowney is a FA next season.

Beane playing the long game. Respect it. Go young, go fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×