Predict the 53/ Updated with Cuts**

Trentwannabe

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was dead wrong.

Bills cutting LeSean McCoy

I am stunned. Thought if any of vets at RB would get cut that it would be Gore. Hopefully Singletary turns out to be as good as advertised.

Also can't believe Lacy got cut. I would have kept him and released Stanford.

Edited by marshawn lynch

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills save 6.4 against the cap with this move. 

Devin Singletary come on down.

Bills cutting Shady could be the dumbest thing Beane could have done. All to save 6 mil in cap space which they already have 27 mil. I think it takes a step back in the progress as shady can be a game changer at times. I wouldnt be so hard on Beane if it werent for him to go out of his way to say Shady was the starter. If he just came out and said that every position spot is up for grabs then this wouldnt be so bad. What this means to outside players is you cant trust what Beane says which could translate in to players not feeling comfortable being there. Maybe Im wrong but I do not like how this was handled publicly. I have nothing against the current RBs on the team but the Veteran leadership and bond he had with Allen was big and I hope it doesnt bite them in the butt

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well that would even more reason to keep a 5th...

And to be fair. I'm a big fan of Trent Murphy and can't wait to see him fully healthy. Last year he was banged up all year and still managed 4 sacks for us despite limited playing time. We have to remember he was almost a double digit sack guy before he got hurt. 

Also I'm loving what I see from Shaq Lawson this preseason. The best and most dominant I've seen him play. He has been by far out best dlinemen this summer

Murphy was on the field during preseason not to get injured he was jogging at times which means he is either scared to go full speed on not getting injured or he is not 100% and also took time from other guys to show what they got. As for Lawson he was dominant against the 2s but I didnt see anything special on the 1s either way they were 26th in sacks last year and not adding someone new this year outside of a 7th round pick is worrisome. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills cutting Shady could be the dumbest thing Beane could have done. All to save 6 mil in cap space which they already have 27 mil. I think it takes a step back in the progress as shady can be a game changer at times. I wouldnt be so hard on Beane if it werent for him to go out of his way to say Shady was the starter. If he just came out and said that every position spot is up for grabs then this wouldnt be so bad. What this means to outside players is you cant trust what Beane says which could translate in to players not feeling comfortable being there. Maybe Im wrong but I do not like how this was handled publicly. I have nothing against the current RBs on the team but the Veteran leadership and bond he had with Allen was big and I hope it doesnt bite them in the butt

I agree which is why I was so adament he wasn't going anywhere. A few reporters on twitter are saying, or rather speculating that what Beane said was true but was also lip service to spark trade interest. And they said the Bills made the move because of how well Yeldon and Singletary looked which I can by. The roster is always fluid so when Beane said what he did he may have meant it but things changed.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Murphy was on the field during preseason not to get injured he was jogging at times which means he is either scared to go full speed on not getting injured and also took time from other guys to show what they got.

I think we were watching a very different Trent Murphy. He dominated the line of scrimmage and showed off his spin move several times. 

In an off-season where the focus was on surrounding Josh Allen with talent, i can't fault the Bills for only adding a 7th round pick to the mix along with a healthy Murphy and Lawson. Not to mention Ed Oliver bringing pressure from the middle should not be overlooked either.