Jump to content
49erurtaza

Raiders trade Kicker Eddy Piniero to Bears

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agreed, its not worth the 2021 7th if it even helps chicago win 1 more game.

What? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still mad about Daniel Carlson and our coaching staff.

All it took was one small correction in his form and he takes of.

Of course. Freaking of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears had 8 kickers in camp a couple days ago, Matt Nagy had ALL 8 attempt a 43 yard FG at the end of practice in front of the entire team (Parkey’s miss was 43 yards).

2 of 8 made it. This is a great move by Ryan Pace as SOMETHING had to be done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

What? 

Every win you guys get affects the 1st round draft choice we receive next year. I'd rather have a slightly higher 1st rounder if Pineiro even has a chance of deciding a game, vs the 2021 7th if he makes the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Bears had 8 kickers in camp a couple days ago, Matt Nagy had ALL 8 attempt a 43 yard FG at the end of practice in front of the entire team (Parkey’s miss was 43 yards).

2 of 8 made it. This is a great move by Ryan Pace as SOMETHING had to be done

That's an incredibly impulsive move to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We had high hopes for Eddy when we signed him as he was a good K prospect. However he got hurt early and then we found gold in Carlson (sorry Vike fans).

It's a good pick-up for the Bears and the Raiders were going to 100% cut him.

 

Exactly. There is no bad side for this trade. OAK seems to have the spot locked down as Carlson was a sniper last year, and Pineiro was going to be cut anyway. OAK will at least get a 7th for an undrafted player too. 

 

Plus I'm a Gator fanatic, I was super jealous you guys got him and Townsend. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's an incredibly impulsive move to make. 

If they would have offered a big deal for Gould I'd agree, but only 2 of the 8 were kept and he is going to use the competition between them and Pineiro I'd imagine. 

 

On a side note the next day they did much better, I think 6 for 8 but some of the kickers were just bad iirc. Only one or two more were even worth potentially keeping for TC competition. 

Edited by Sugashane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Forge said:

Incorrect. 

The chiefs once received AJ Jenkins. 

I don't know who AJ Jenkins is, but that's funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's a hell of an addition for Chicago. If Eddy gets healthy, he's a very talented kicker. Accurate leg with 63+ yard range.

Really?  I did not know that.  That would be nice.  Strong leg is necessary with winds off the Lake.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If they would have offered a big deal for Gould I'd agree, but only 2 of the 8 were kept and he is going to use the competition between them and Pineiro I'd imagine. 

 

On a side note the next day they did much better, I think 6 for 8 but some of the kickers were just bad iirc. Only one or two more were even worth potentially keeping for TC competition. 

I don't know of any history of teams trading kickers, so I won't touch on what it'd cost the Bears to trade for Gould.  The point I was trying to get at is what differentiates Piniero from the dozen of other FA kickers?  At the end of the day, it's a conditional pick but if he's active for 5 games they're handing over a pick for a guy they could have similarly gotten in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they just need a kicker with the last name of SHANK to compete for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

  

Really?  I did not know that.  That would be nice.  Strong leg is necessary with winds off the Lake.  

Well, that might have been an overstatement. But he can hit from 60+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, that might have been an overstatement. But he can hit from 60+.

Theres a video of him in FL hitting from 81....in pads.  Dude has the leg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't know of any history of teams trading kickers, so I won't touch on what it'd cost the Bears to trade for Gould.  The point I was trying to get at is what differentiates Piniero from the dozen of other FA kickers?  At the end of the day, it's a conditional pick but if he's active for 5 games they're handing over a pick for a guy they could have similarly gotten in FA.

His leg strength, his accuracy, and the fact that hes not a street fa.  Ryan Pace justifies the move by pointing to the double doink potentially costing the Bears a superbowl last year.  We'll never what the end result is if the kick is good, other than they advance and go to LA and Dallas goes to NO.  As a GM, Pace has routinely fixed the most glaring weakness on the team by applying multiple resources to do so.  Kicking is the last glaring weakness, and the one position he hasnt be able to get right.  The move is 100% justifiable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Theres a video of him in FL hitting from 81....in pads.  Dude has the leg

I've seen it. That's still quite different from doing it in a game. Even the kickers with the strongest legs struggle to punch it through from 63+ yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×