Bears trade for Eddy Piniero

beardown3231

Aha!  Sneaking up on SF from across the bay.  Give us Gould or we'll sign or trade for every other PK on planet Earth.  fighting0028.gif

And the PK contest continues with yet another participant.  Guess Blewitt and Fry didn't exactly blow Pace and Nagy away.

43 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Someone here was massively high on this guy coming out...Shane?

I think more were high on Zane Gonzalez. That was a weird year for kickers. Carlson from MIN to OAK, Gonzalez from CLE to ARI... now pineiro....

• Like 1

Eddy is a phenomenal kicker. If he's healthy, you're getting a guy who has no issues hitting from 60+ and is accurate. Young kickers will have some ups and downs, but if you're willing to ride it out, I think he's going to become one of the NFL's best.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Eddy is a phenomenal kicker. If he's healthy, you're getting a guy who has no issues hitting from 60+ and is accurate. Young kickers will have some ups and downs, but if you're willing to ride it out, I think he's going to become one of the NFL's best.

Wow, that's bold praise. Why did he go undrafted?

1 minute ago, G08 said:

My mistake. I thought he went in the 7th. I don't know. He went 17 of 18 in his final year at UF and 38 of 42 overall. He had no issues nailing kicks from 50+.

• Like 1