3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Higgins had 483 snaps last year, Callaway had 765.  Callaway is clearly the faster of the two.  Sure Callaway dropped 5 passes.  But he was also thrown to almost twice as much as Higgins.  

I really don't see Higgins being anything more than semi-cheap depth this year.  Callaway is on a very team friendly rookie deal.  They want to see him take the leap this year, and he should have every opportunity to based on everything else that should be going on with the offense.  

I expect the front office is hoping Callaway can supplant Landry within the next couple of years. 

This is pretty much where I’m at.

WR’s commonly take a couple of season to develop, which we saw with Higgins.  Calloway was a rookie who missed the entire season before that. 

Calloway had first round talent coming out and flashed as a rookie with plenty of rust to knock off.

I could definitely see Calloway getting Landry’s money once his rookie deal is up.

I’m a fan of the Callaway = Sterling Sharpe comparisons.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:01 AM, candyman93 said:

I’m a fan of the Callaway = Sterling Sharpe comparisons.

man I would love to see a relationship and production level of Callaway and Baker like Farve and Sharpe had. Its a shame, Sharpe prolly would have been a HoF WR too. Also makes you wonder what the Packers would have done as a team with him still playing. Heck they prolly could have made it to four SBs. They had four straight double digit wins the seasons following Sharpe's injury. Maybe that A-hole Elway never wins his titles too!

Truthfully I think we make him a fare offer if he does not accept we get comp picks