Higgins

sonny44

3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Higgins had 483 snaps last year, Callaway had 765.  Callaway is clearly the faster of the two.  Sure Callaway dropped 5 passes.  But he was also thrown to almost twice as much as Higgins.  

I really don't see Higgins being anything more than semi-cheap depth this year.  Callaway is on a very team friendly rookie deal.  They want to see him take the leap this year, and he should have every opportunity to based on everything else that should be going on with the offense.  

I expect the front office is hoping Callaway can supplant Landry within the next couple of years. 

This is pretty much where I’m at.

WR’s commonly take a couple of season to develop, which we saw with Higgins.  Calloway was a rookie who missed the entire season before that. 

Calloway had first round talent coming out and flashed as a rookie with plenty of rust to knock off.

I could definitely see Calloway getting Landry’s money once his rookie deal is up.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:01 AM, candyman93 said:

I’m a fan of the Callaway = Sterling Sharpe comparisons.

man I would love to see a relationship and production level of Callaway and Baker like Farve and Sharpe had. Its a shame, Sharpe prolly would have been a HoF WR too. Also makes you wonder what the Packers would have done as a team with him still playing. Heck they prolly could have made it to four SBs. They had four straight double digit wins the seasons following Sharpe's injury. Maybe that A-hole Elway never wins his titles too!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone wanna give this guy a redo? Really like what he brought to the team in '18. He seems like a dude who the Patriots would sign for cheap and then have seven straight seasons of 80+ receptions and 800-1000 yards. Hope we get him back, especially on the cheap. Then draft one more receiver, maybe two, and we're looking nice at receiver.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Anyone wanna give this guy a redo? Really like what he brought to the team in '18. He seems like a dude who the Patriots would sign for cheap and then have seven straight seasons of 80+ receptions and 800-1000 yards. Hope we get him back, especially on the cheap. Then draft one more receiver, maybe two, and we're looking nice at receiver.

I would, but I fear the team has burned that bridge.  I think we would have to drastically overpay to keep him.

would you resign with the Browns for fair market value after how he was used last year which drastically hurt his value in a contract year?

if I were him I would take slight less less on a 1 year prove it deal in a good situation to try to recoup some of those lost potential earnings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't think he is that good to be honest, just a good 3rd wr. If i was him id take the most gtd dollars i can get. I can see hin out of the league in a year or two

Edited by Kiwibrown

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't think he is that good to be honest, just a good 3rd wr. If i was him id take the most gtd dollars i can get. I can see hin out of the league in a year or two

What a difference a year makes.  To many it truly is what have you done for me lately?

in 2018 he was nothing but clutch.  He didn’t put up huge numbers but they were a drastic improvement over 2017.  More importantly, it seemed that he was clutch.  It felt like every catch was either a TD, a first down, or pulled Baker’s butt out of the fire.

Flash forward to 2019, he seemed to pick up where he left off on the first drive of the season with a huge play, but was injured in the process.

When he came back from injury he was Kitchensed to the bench.

• Like 1