Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Telvin Smith: "I'm never leaving Duval."

Kind of hard to tell what he means/is saying but good to hear him finally speak out.

If he was a FA I’d be more inclined to buy it but his contract and level of play don’t really match right now 

I'm gonna guess baseless based on a weird murky vid...

That he's somehow come to an agreement on a contract restructure.  And everything's cool now.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I'm gonna guess baseless based on a weird murky vid...

That he's somehow come to an agreement on a contract restructure.  And everything's cool now.

That doesn't make sense. He just restructured last year. He's surely not getting any more money, not with Yann and Jalen due up soon. So any restructuring would just be shifting money around to make it more cap friendly for the team.

This whole thing about him never made any sense. It's one thing to not be with team during voluntary period, but the no contact with the team was.weird

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

That doesn't make sense. He just restructured last year. He's surely not getting any more money, not with Yann and Jalen due up soon. So any restructuring would just be shifting money around to make it more cap friendly for the team.

This whole thing about him never made any sense. It's one thing to not be with team during voluntary period, but the no contact with the team was.weird

Maybe he's going to be an astronaut.

with his salary based with level of play and the fact we spent a 3rd round pick on a WLB makes it highly likely that we will be getting rid of him by next year.  wonder what this means for Blair brown and donald payne.  

Considering no one even knew Q-lite before the draft, I’d be surprised if we’re already anointing him Telvins replacement 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Considering no one even knew Q-lite before the draft, I’d be surprised if we’re already anointing him Telvins replacement 

im guessing most teams knew who he was cuz of all the 30 visits he took.  the media didnt and thats because its the media and the media doesnt like digging real deep into small school guys. 
u dont call a guy the last lber available with starter traits and not project him as a future starter especially using a higher draft pick capital on him.    its clear that the plan is to at some point replace telvin with him just like the plan was to replace church with harrison,  Jackson with Bryan.  

his cap hit leaves fairly lil dead money next year and id be suprised if he was kept around at that salary especially when his play fell off quite a bit last year. 

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Those were older guys with higher caliber replacements. 

Whos to say he isn't a higher caliber replacement?

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Whos to say he isn't a higher caliber replacement?

Just saying he wasnt nearly as highly regarded as the other 2