News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think Chido is underrated. 

I mean if he's like the 55th best CB in the league or something that's basically an average starter (counting slots). I think that's fair. That's all I was trying to say.

His passer rating allowed last year was something like 40-50 points than Byron, I believe. We're talking like mid-60's vs. ~110. It may have evened out slightly late in the year but it was that drastic for most of it. Treating him as an above average CB is kind of a projection, although not an ambitious one. But it is a projection based on traits.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:48 PM, eagles suck said:

Would you guys be opposed to trading Anthony Brown and a 5th rd pick for Patrick Peterson? Peterson has been rumored to be wanting out of Arizona and has been mentioned of being on the trade block. Now that he will be suspended for the first 6 games they will be more vulnerable to trade. 

Being that our schedule is pretty favorable for the first 6 weeks we could have J. Lewis play the outside and Chido in the slot where he can excel. After week 6 Peterson will play on the outside. 

For that compensation? Yes, and it shouldn’t be up for discussion. Peterson is 28, on a very reasonable contract, and is one of the best CBs in the league. Trade for him and consider signing Eric Berry. For all of you folks who continually whine about the poor play from our DBs, this ends that complaint.

• Like 1

Personally I though Chido was right there on the cusp.  He was in good position on a lot of plays where he just didn’t finish the play.  that is something that can be fixed which I think would put him just slightly above average 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I bet Indy makes a big push for McCoy. Still sitting on $60m cap space and their iDL depth isn’t great.

Could definitely see them making a push. Though I hope we can persuade him to Big D.