News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So he is smoking pot. 

Great.

The NFL needs to remove that archaic rule in the next CBA discussion. I don’t smoke pot, nor so I condone smoking pot, but with so many states legalizing it, I think it’s time to remove it from the CBA.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He singled me out. He gets what he gets.

I was tagged and baited in the News and Notes thread that turned into a Dak thread. Tagged by the OP. That ain't my fault. I didn't start the Running game doesn't matter thread. That was Matt.

I didn't even start the Dak QB of the future thread. But guess who is tagged by the OP? Me. On the very first page.

It isn't my fault these Dak super fans are taking over threads and trying to stir the pot.

Look at the threads I have created lately. They aren't Dak threads, yet here comes ht at me with his bull s.

On a normal day you don't have time for that, but today you got time, cuz

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, plan9misfit said:

The NFL needs to remove that archaic rule in the next CBA discussion. I don’t smoke pot, nor so I condone smoking pot, but with so many states legalizing it, I think it’s time to remove it from the CBA.

Why? Despite the legality of it in certain states, it doesnt mean Employers or sports entities have to follow. Honest question, is thier another Pro Sport where Marijuana is accepted?

MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, MMA, FIFA?

If the answer is No, that's all that needs to be said or at the very least should speak volumes. As an Employee,  you're held to a certain standard. Abide by that, or go find other employment that does IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? Despite the legality of it in certain states, it doesnt mean Employers or sports entities have to follow. Honest question, is thier another Pro Sport where Marijuana is accepted?

If the answer is No, that's all that needs to be said or at the very least should speak volumes. As an Employee,  you're held to a certain standard. Abide by that, or go find other employment that does IMO. 

Someone tell this grandpa the answer is no. He blocked me because he wanted to look cool in the philly forum, but here is the answer to this question. 

MLB does not actively test for it, only on probable cause (like you got arrest for possession or something)

NHL its not banned at all

MLS vaguely hints that it can test for it, but they dont really.

NBA is strongly considering removing from the banned substance list - but currently has the most drug test

XFL will not be testing

UFC only drug test during "fight week"

And when you quote this post and tag him, tell him skippy is dumb. Dak is 97% win rate on good games. 91% win rate on mediocre or better games. And <1% win rate on bad games. 

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Lots of NFL players have problems with alcohol and prescription pain pills. I’m not necessarily a believer in the power of medicinal marijuana, but if it helps players numb the physical toll on their bodies as or more effectively than objectively more dangerous substances, then they should be allowed to indulge in it.

In other words, totally comparable to your sales/administrative assistant/whatever gig

Edited by matt79511

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Ah good. Dallas is going to let the other teams set the market again. It's worked so well for them....I guess. 

Meh...considering the deals will look cheap in another season or two, I'm really not that worried about it.

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Courtesy of your boi Matty

Someone tell this grandpa the answer is no. He blocked me because he wanted to look cool in the philly forum, but here is the answer to this question. 

MLB does not actively test for it, only on probable cause (like you got arrest for possession or something)

NHL its not banned at all

MLS vaguely hints that it can test for it, but they dont really.

NBA is strongly considering removing from the banned substance list - but currently has the most drug test

XFL will not be testing

UFC only drug test during "fight week"

And when you quote this post and tag him, tell him skippy is dumb. Dak is 97% win rate on good games. 91% win rate on mediocre or better games. And <1% win rate on bad games. 

• Like 2