News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

Just now, DaBoys said:

Pro Football Focus tries to grade every quarterback and his respective blame on sacks, and has ruled that the three quarterbacks who are responsible for the most sacks this season are .... Prescott (15), Watson (14) and Wilson (13)

That proves your incredible bias. You cant take both that fact and the fact that our OL was terrible. 

Shame on you for that weakass attempt. 

And that's just what PFF counted. I'm sure if @Matts4313 sat down and watched every sack he would only count like 2 or 3 on Dak. 

If I watched every sack I might get more than 15. 

The line struggled under the first OL coach, we were missing Fredbeard, we had a struggling rookie LG, AND OUR QB SACKED HIMSELF MORE THAN ANY QB IN THE LEAGUE. According to a non biased source.

All those things...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That proves your incredible bias. You cant take both that fact and the fact that our OL was terrible. 

Shame on you for that weakass attempt. 

Debating with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And that's just what PFF counted. I'm sure if @Matts4313 sat down and watched every sack he would only count like 2 or 3 on Dak. 

If I watched every sack I might get more than 15. 

The line struggled under the first OL coach, we were missing Fredbeard, we had a struggling rookie LG, AND OUR QB SACKED HIMSELF MORE THAN ANY QB IN THE LEAGUE. According to a non biased source.

All those things...

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Debating with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.

It was verified by 2 sites. 

This is literally every argument:

--Facts and stats---

--DaBoys plugging his ears yelling "I DONT BELIEVE IT"---

--More facts and stats--

--Daboys tries to discredit with only opinion "THEY COULD BE WRONG CAUSE" ---

I also feel like Linehan was an issue. To many times did Dak have time in the pocket only to get sacked. Dak lovers would blame the OL or WRs, Dak haters would blame Dak, and then we would get the zoom out to see that we ran triple comeback routes. 

On 5/25/2019 at 12:14 AM, DaBoys said:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/connor-williams-offseason-is-worth-the-weight

“The main focus during the offseason is strength and getting the power up,” the second-year guard said. “I think I’ve put myself in a good position. Now it’s just about refining the technique and feeling comfortable.”

Now, four months into the offseason, Williams’ hard work in the weight room is apparent. He’s up to a rugged 315 pounds after playing at a “light 300” last year, he said.

Williams has been a standout performer in the voluntary program to this point, improving his rookie strength numbers. He credits his lifting partner, All-Pro guard Zack Martin, and Cowboys director of strength and conditioning Mike Woicik, for support this spring.

Football is very important to him,” Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones said recently. “He loves the game, and my understanding he's put on some really good weight and added some really good strength. I think he can make a big jump.”

No.  He wasn't an all pro in his first year.   That means he's a bust.   You don't develop Olineman.   They come in the league a finished product.   :)

• Like 1

Just now, plan9misfit said:

The article also stated that Quincy sacked himself more than any other QB in the league. I’m sure you have some form of apology for that. Because, if he only had weapons like Brady does, he’d be a multi-time Super Bowl QB, too. #Fail

No. I dont. I dont need one. Its a fact.

Dak needs to do better.

Even with Dak, our OL was completely dogsheet.

Can you admit that fact, or do you need to make an apology for the OL? 

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

So did Dak lead the league in sacking himself according to that site? Yes or no?

Because the eyeball test said he would be close.

Yes

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I also feel like Linehan was an issue. To many times did Dak have time in the pocket only to get sacked. Dak lovers would blame the OL or WRs, Dak haters would blame Dak, and then we would get the zoom out to see that we ran triple comeback routes. 

And also yes it was obvious that the OL was terrible in pass blocking. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I dont. I dont need one. Its a fact.

Dak needs to do better.

Even with Dak, our OL was completely dogsheet.

Can you admit that fact, or do you need to make an apology for the OL? 

I said all season long that our o-line struggled. I also said that Quincy’s inability to diagnose coverages, make quick decisions, throw accurately, and throw his receivers open, compounded their problems, which also resulted in unnecessary sacks. And what did you do? You repeatedly said that Quincy doesn’t sack himself, doesn’t have accuracy problems, and that his stats make him better than Tom Brady.

You sir, have zero credibility.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

You repeatedly said that Quincy doesn’t sack himself, doesn’t have accuracy problems, and that his stats make him better than Tom Brady.

You are full of complete dogpoop. Get your facts together. You are better than this. 

My official stance was 25-33% of the offensive struggles were his problems. You are too smart to be illiterate. 

Witten said something that I found frightening.

He was answering questions about how the off season is going, and said that his game was never really built on speed. It’s all about technique and fundamentals. 

Then he said that he has a lot of years in THIS SYSTEM and it’s really going to help him out.

Whaaaaaattttt!? 

I thought we fired Linehan? Are we not even changing things up?

49 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Witten said something that I found frightening.

He was answering questions about how the off season is going, and said that his game was never really built on speed. It’s all about technique and fundamentals. 

Then he said that he has a lot of years in THIS SYSTEM and it’s really going to help him out.

Whaaaaaattttt!? 

I thought we fired Linehan? Are we not even changing things up?

I forget which beat writer posted it...but the system itself is essentially remaining the same. HOWEVER, the looks, designs, etc. that they run plays out of are changing.