News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:
5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Until you recognize that our OL was one of the worst pass blocking OL in the league, I will keep tagging you.

You apparently either can’t read or have significant issues with reading comprehension.

It’s utterly absurd to expect that a player should require near perfect conditions and personnel in order to be successful

near perfect conditions 

worst pass blocking OL

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Gave up less sacks. Same results. Gave up more sacks, same results. Just cant seem to get anywhere with Dak, damn. 

Dak with a good OL is a superbowl caliber QB. Dak with one of the worst OL in the league is damn near a superbowl caliber QB if his team didnt crumble. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak with a good OL is a superbowl caliber QB. Dak with one of the worst OL in the league is damn near a superbowl caliber QB if his team didnt crumble. 

So honest question.

If our oline goes back to 2016 form. And you need to pay Cooper because Dak needs weapons. And we need a top running game.

And we need to pay our defense because as you put it, that was a main reason we lost to the Rams.

How do you pay Dak $30 - $35 million and keep all the players you say he needs?

If I'm paying my QB that much money, he has to be able to consistently do more with less.

My gut feeling is were going to end up paying Dak that much money and were going to lose defensive talent. Then your excuse will be our defense is losing games and it's not Daks fault.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

And I’m going to keep talking until he can complete a pass beyond 5 yards and not sack himself. His deficiencies as a QB amplified the lackluster play of the o-line.

I still can’t understand why you continue to claim that I don’t blame the o-line. I have, just as I blamed Linehan for his terrible play calling. But the onus is on Quincy to improve his accuracy and improve at the fundamentals of the position. It’s utterly absurd to expect that a player should require near perfect conditions and personnel in order to be successful. At some point, the guy has to contribute on his own. If we are to move past the divisional round of the playoffs, HE has to perform. No excuses. He has to be the one who places the team on his back and leads them to victory through HIS play.

I’m sick of people making excuses for him. When you sh!t the bed for 3 quarters of a game, you can’t praise a guy for playing well in the final 10 minutes of it. I don’t care if a defense struggles. I don’t care if the running game is lackluster. I don’t care if the o-line isn’t perfect. He is the leader of the team. If he can’t live up to that expectation, then he either needs to improve or be replaced. Pure and simple.

If Dak cant improve then neither should his contract.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So honest question.

If our oline goes back to 2016 form. And you need to pay Cooper because Dak needs weapons. And we need a top running game.

And we need to pay our defense because as you put it, that was a main reason we lost to the Rams.

How do you pay Dak $30 - $35 million and keep all the players you say he needs?

If I'm paying my QB that much money, he has to be able to consistently do more with less.

My gut feeling is were going to end up paying Dak that much money and were going to lose defensive talent. Then your excuse will be our defense is losing games and it's not Daks fault.

I think that our OL and RB are overated and our QB overcomes their shortfalls. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

And yet has never been anywhere close to a SB. Damn all of those all-pro scrubs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

tenor.gif

Elliott leads the league in rushing and Dak leads the league in sacking himself!

Zeke has led the league in rushing two of the last three years and likely would have in 2017 as well had he not been suspended.

But yeah, totally overrated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think that our OL and RB are overated and our QB overcomes their shortfalls. 

Why don’t you post that scenario in NFL General and see how many (rather, how few) people agree with you.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

While you’re at it, post the Tom Brady comparison as well just to show that Quincy is a better QB than the GOAT.

Please do this. I’m begging you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Why don’t you post that scenario in NFL General and see how many (rather, how few) people agree with you.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

While you’re at it, post the Tom Brady comparison as well just to show that Quincy is a better QB than the GOAT.

Please do this. I’m begging you.

How can our oline and RB both be overrated when Zeke has led the league in rushing in 2 of 3 years?

If the oline is garbage and Zeke is overrated, shouldnt his numbers be mediocre too?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Zeke has led the league in rushing two of the last three years and likely would have in 2017 as well had he not been suspended.

But yeah, totally overrated.

He still led the league in rushing yards per game in 2017. 

He's led the league in rushing yards per game every year he has been in the league. He has also had the most attempts yet has never missed a game to injury.

Totally overrated.

Meanwhile Dak has like 4 CAREER 300 yard games.

• Like 1